GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Release Discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 10:31 AM
V8_MPG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Much better than the Chinese photos. Exterior can be better but the interior is a winner. By far the best interior in its class, well done.
Old 08-18-11, 10:32 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really, really, really hoping the GS-F will have different headlight/taillight assemblies that is much more like the concept.
Old 08-18-11, 10:34 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it. Period.

Car looks so much better in these shots - elegant and conservative but also aggressive. I think this is exactly what they needed. I think it does look a little flat in these pics, but I also thought the same thing when I saw the 2IS and 3GS in pics, and later changed my opinion after seeing them in person. I feel like you can tell that in person, the creases, lines and shapes will take on a whole new meaning. We've all said that L-Finesse doesn't seem to photograph well, and I think this will be much the same story.

Very excited to see more pics and get specs on the engines.

Old 08-18-11, 10:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

here's quickly of what i think so far (probably more to come when details are out)

i love this angle of the car:
aggressive and things look proper

however when looking it from all different angles, the exterior is a mix feeling for me. i still don't like the grille area, too busy. the headlights don't look aggressive enough (prefer e and 5). the trunk area is a bit bland, similar to the LS but not as rich. the exhaust look somehow doesn't work well on the gs compared to the gs.

interior i am just totally wow. i am sooo glad lexus stepped it up on the interior styling and look big time to rival the 5 series. i like a lot about what i see. i still don't like the cup holders area and the climate control face, but pretty much everything else exceeds my expectation, including the seats.

this could strike as a odd feeling, but the front end hood / bumper design spells aggressiveness to me in a funny way. the hood reminds me a lot about the isf, and the lower bumper reminds me a lot of the m3. both are NOT bad things, those are good. just the grille and headlights. it seems like if they can smooth those out and especially make the headlights more aggressive, this will change my perspective (so far) a lot
Old 08-18-11, 10:39 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

so it comes standard without a rear spoiler?

looks like the driver side seat comes with adjustable leg extension...isn't that something a lot of us complained about the lack thereof before?

looks good, but I'll wait until they refresh the engines in 3 years.

still hate the wheels though.
Old 08-18-11, 10:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
so it comes standard without a rear spoiler?

looks like the driver side seat comes with adjustable leg extension...isn't that something a lot of us complained about the lack thereof before?

looks good, but I'll wait until they refresh the engines in 3 years.

still hate the wheels though.
yes there is thigh extension. i think it's mentioned before. very nice touch
Old 08-18-11, 10:46 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Very nice, look impressive.. love the interior.
Old 08-18-11, 10:49 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's obvious that this car has come out swinging with a lot more attitude than it had before. You could park this next to a 5 Series and E Class, and from a design standpoint, I think the 2013 GS really holds its own while also being very "Lexus". It doesn't look anything like the other two, and looks a hell of a lot better than the A6, IMO. I'm glad to see this sense of identity and attitude. As I said above, I think it will even look 10x better in person like the 2IS and 3GS did.

The more I look at the pics, especially, the one below, you can tell how really sculpted and chisled the GS is. Every line on the front end is pretty hard and looks purposefully sculpted. Imagine that in black, gray or dark red

Old 08-18-11, 10:51 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

looks good. We all need to have a little more faith in Lexus
Old 08-18-11, 10:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,429 Likes on 1,592 Posts

modernx - where did that article come from (link please)?
Old 08-18-11, 10:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,429 Likes on 1,592 Posts

interior (although those tan seats don't look to have big bolsters or the fancier headrest we saw before ??

exterior - so so, but of course all those pics are retouched.
Old 08-18-11, 11:02 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Can't see the new photos (being blocked) can someone post them as an attachment instead of a link to external website.

Thanks,
Old 08-18-11, 11:03 AM
lostnspace
Rookie

I think I echo some of the other opinions state.

The interior of the car is 10000x better!

However, the exterior leaves a lot to be desired. Its just so plain too simple. I think Lexus could've taken more cues from the concept. This was the chance to Lexus to be radical and take risk. This is same thing BMW did with the new 5 series, in trying to erase so many of the Bangel design cues.

I can't wait to see it in real life so I can really judge the car.
Old 08-18-11, 11:04 AM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the interior, exterior still not great for me. Needs to have more pizazz.
Old 08-18-11, 11:04 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg

Looks A LOT BETTER right here!! The stance + wheel combo makes a huge difference.
It looks like a giant IS350, and I think IS350 to this day is the best looking car in its class. I think the F-sport version with different grille, and different set of wheel will do some magic. IMHO, the exterior isn't ground breaking nor ugly. Kinda conservative. The interior is really nice.

Overall, I think they did a pretty nice job on the new GS. can't wait to see the F-sport version. If I were to get one, I will def wait for the update power train in a year or 2.

Quick Reply: 4GS Release Discussion!