GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4th Generation GS Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-12, 10:19 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is 2012 335i a little faster than 13' gs . We test drove with 4 people in the car. My nephew is wanting to buy a new car. We think the 335 i sedan a little faster due to the turbo engine and lighter weight. I understand it need to be compare to the 5 seri but i just want to double check if i was wrong. I felt a little faster when im on is350 compare to gs13 also on a straight line. I told my nephew to wait on next gen Is. Im sorry im sorry for off topic . Iknew your guys have more experience in the new gs :-)
Old 09-03-12, 09:35 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

my concern would be as his Uncle...you should give him guidance that speed is not the most vital decision in purchasing veh. Is he going to race it at Texas Motor Speedway or some track similiar...probably not. You should have started your own topic ....if you truly wanted some responses but again....
Old 09-03-12, 04:42 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't know if you guys have seen this....

Kevin from AutoSavant did a pretty comprehensive review of the 4GS Lux, and now got his hands on the F-Sport. Worth the 7 minutes:

He pushes it pretty hard on several occasions so turn up the volume!

EDIT: There's a write up (http://www.autosavant.com/2012/08/17...sport-w-video/) too.

Last edited by NewSpace; 09-03-12 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-03-12, 06:57 PM
Mojo122
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hadn't seen it. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-03-12, 07:42 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Great review. He pretty much states everything I feel about my GS F-Sport. He said he loves the car. So do I.
Old 09-05-12, 06:02 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts
Default GS 350 F-Sport Makes the 5 series and E-Class Feel Like Donkey Carts

Inside Line : GS 350 F-Sport Makes the 5 series and E-Class Feel Like Donkey Carts

".....the first time I drove the Lexus GS 350 F Sport over a high-speed demonstration course set up on the old runways at El Toro, I was totally impressed by the effect of its four-wheel steering.

This Lexus system not only quickens the car's response as it turns into a corner but also seems to improve the way the car grips the pavement as it leaves a corner. I drove the F Sport back to back with a BMW 5 Series and a Mercedes E-Class on the a wide-open, high-speed course on the old runways at El Toro, and the European cars felt like donkey carts compared to the Lexus."
Full Article : http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...cart.html#more

( Note : This is the 3rd update on Inside Line's Long Term Test Drive Review of the 2013 GS 350 F-Sport : http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...-lexus-gs-350/ )

Last edited by natnut; 09-05-12 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-05-12, 09:29 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 09-05-12, 11:25 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
it's not the driver side door panel. it's the piano black piece that covers the window buttons. i've been to lexus about this issue and was told there was nothing they could do. i'm going to have them swap the piece with one from a car on the lot and see if that at least kills some of the rattles.
I just got back from the dealership and they fixed the issue No more rattle
Old 09-05-12, 12:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by natnut
Inside Line : GS 350 F-Sport Makes the 5 series and E-Class Feel Like Donkey Carts
[IMG]http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/assets_c/2012/09/2013_G

Full Article : http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...cart.html#more

( Note : This is the 3rd update on Inside Line's Long Term Test Drive Review of the 2013 GS 350 F-Sport : http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...-lexus-gs-350/ )
Amazing praise continues!! This is clearly the sportiest vehicle in class, which the internet used to argue was the best trait. Now its overlooked and "not that important" Hypocrisy and the double standard.

Kudos to Lexus for offering such a great driving car and to those making the purchase!
Old 09-05-12, 08:05 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Amazing praise continues!! This is clearly the sportiest vehicle in class, which the internet used to argue was the best trait. Now its overlooked and "not that important" Hypocrisy and the double standard.

Kudos to Lexus for offering such a great driving car and to those making the purchase!
Yes, Lexus has clearly found its way into the hearts of enthusiast drivers. And as for the purchase... it was a no brainer!
Old 09-06-12, 06:08 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Yes, Lexus has clearly found its way into the hearts of enthusiast drivers. And as for the purchase... it was a no brainer!
Not all of us.

Some of us want our car to drive great and look even better.

Could I buy a car that has every other attribute I want except good looks? Yes, I could. In my single years I dated beautiful women but I also dated girls with great personalities and/or great sex who weren't as beautiful. But a no brainer it is definitely not.

Last edited by Ice350; 09-06-12 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-06-12, 12:42 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 458 Likes on 303 Posts

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/new-c...813-243f9.html

Saw this overseas review.
Again another review criticizing the GS steering as not big on feel.
I originally thought the new 4GS is fine on feel, especially compared to my old 3GS, which is definitely very softly suspended, hence more weight transfer around corners, hence lacks quick changes in direction for the steering feel, or steering responsiveness.
I notice too having test driven the RX350 recently against the Benz ML350, that Japanese suspension like the RX350 is generally softer in the first few centimeters of travel, than Europeans like the ML350, and this is obvious by the bump thump that the Euros produce.
So too the Audi A6 3.0 Supercharged AWD, it use to bump thump.
Hence, this initial firmer few centimeters of spring travel, that gives rise to bump thump, may produce slightly sharper steering, such that the softer feel of the 4GS is purely as a result of a compromise in ride handling.

The back end of the 4GS is beginning to grow on me.
The back end of the 4GS actually has more style than the more ordinary back end of the RX I just test drove.
Where the RX has a gorgeous nose and a gorgeous dash, I think we must accept if the dash of the 4GS is not as smooth and flush fitting as the dash of the RX.
Some say the GS uses metal in the interior, while the RX uses plastic.
In any case, the GS is nearly perfect stitching, where the RX stitching is only average.
Just as well, hence the difference in price between the two cars.

The 4GS is certainly growing on me.
The exterior is nice.
The interior style we must accept; we can't have it all.
Even if the 4GS is not as spacious as the Europeans, its fine for me; the kids prefer the higher rear seats of the 4GS over the lower rear seats of the Europeans to maximise head room for tall people.
If you don't mind losing some rear foot room, you can have front bucket seats with bells and whistles like reverse cycle air con built in and 20 way adjustments.
Even if the steering lacks feel, it is a necessity for a smooth ride, and the 4GS certainly rides without the bump thump of the Europeans.
I'll just wait for the 3IS before I plunge for the 4GS.
Anyone know if the 3IS will be released late this year, for sale next year?

Last edited by peteharvey; 09-06-12 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-06-12, 02:10 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by peteharvey
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/new-c...813-243f9.html

Saw this overseas review.
Again another review criticizing the GS steering as not big on feel.
Indeed this isn't the first review to criticize the 4GS for its relative lack of steering feel. Wonder if Toyota/Lexus did this on purpose, since the 86 also uses a Toyota-supplied EPS and it has tons of steering feel. Maybe they can somehow tune the EPS so that, in the Sport+ mode at least, the GS can have as much steering feel as the 86 when the refresh comes?
Old 09-06-12, 02:50 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Not all of us.

Some of us want our car to drive great and look even better.

Could I buy a car that has every other attribute I want except good looks? Yes, I could. In my single years I dated beautiful women but I also dated girls with great personalities and/or great sex who weren't as beautiful. But a no brainer it is definitely not.
Are you saying this vehicle is lacking in looks?

Old 09-06-12, 03:12 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Are you saying this vehicle is lacking in looks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkU50AOSb8
" WHO WOULD DARE "

Quick Reply: 4th Generation GS Reviews Thread