Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...IEWS/120829839
Old 09-19-12, 02:29 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

CARSPONDENT review

The reviewer has test-driven the GS350 AWD, the GS350 RWD F-Sport with DRS and GS450h on three separate occasions. Each variant gets its own separate review.

Her final verdict on the GS range :

Of all the passenger car segments, I find luxury sport sedans one of the hardest to write about. The BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Volvo S60, all cars the new Lexus GS competes against, are each formidable contenders. The fact that the GS rises to the top of this very elite class is high praise indeed. Engineers raised the performance bar by making the new GS one of the best balanced cars this writer has ever driven.
Link to all the test-drive reviews :

http://carspondent.com/tag/lexus/
Old 09-26-12, 12:29 PM
natnut
Pole Position

2013 Lexus GS 350: Great Road Trip Ride
( Inside Line Long-Term Road Test Update)

A few weeks ago I drove our long-term Lexus GS 350 from Los Angeles to Palo Alto and back in two days. That's 700+ miles of interstate and California freeways is less than 48 hours.

When I emerged from the GS the final time I remember looking back at its bug ridden, gapping grille and its once clean flanks now covered in grime and feeling a sense of connection with the machine. The car and I were enjoying a mutual moment of accomplishment. And there in my driveway we were taking a few seconds to acknowledge each other. The only sound was the metallic clicking of the sedan's cooling exhaust system.

For me, this was a first. I've never had such an exchange with a Lexus sedan. It was emotional. The 700+ miles were covered in comfort and a quiet cocoon, as you would expect from a Lexus, but this car offered more. I enjoyed the trip. I felt like I had driven a car. I had an experience. This might be the first Lexus sedan that allows you to experience the journey and not just the arrival.

Scott Oldham, Editor in Chief

Link : http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...trip-ride.html
Old 09-26-12, 02:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
2013 Lexus GS 350: Great Road Trip Ride
( Inside Line Long-Term Road Test Update)

A few weeks ago I drove our long-term Lexus GS 350 from Los Angeles to Palo Alto and back in two days. That's 700+ miles of interstate and California freeways is less than 48 hours.

When I emerged from the GS the final time I remember looking back at its bug ridden, gapping grille and its once clean flanks now covered in grime and feeling a sense of connection with the machine. The car and I were enjoying a mutual moment of accomplishment. And there in my driveway we were taking a few seconds to acknowledge each other. The only sound was the metallic clicking of the sedan's cooling exhaust system.

For me, this was a first. I've never had such an exchange with a Lexus sedan. It was emotional. The 700+ miles were covered in comfort and a quiet cocoon, as you would expect from a Lexus, but this car offered more. I enjoyed the trip. I felt like I had driven a car. I had an experience. This might be the first Lexus sedan that allows you to experience the journey and not just the arrival.

Scott Oldham, Editor in Chief

Link : http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...trip-ride.html
+1 i agree,,, and the more miles i put on my F-Sport the better it gets. i think the engine is adapting and it gets smoother and smoother,,, and i'm feeling more gidiyup every time i hit the gas.
Old 09-26-12, 04:35 PM
LexFather

Arguably the best driving car in class and the internet forums are very quiet. Bunch of hypocrites. Reviews continue to glow for this vehicle.

All these years trolls and *****es complained about GS handling and here it is best handling in class and its quiet as hell!
Old 09-26-12, 06:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Arguably the best driving car in class and the internet forums are very quiet. Bunch of hypocrites. Reviews continue to glow for this vehicle.

All these years trolls and *****es complained about GS handling and here it is best handling in class and its quiet as hell!
that's b/c haters unite,,, and now Lexus has to continue on this road so that the haters can hate us and our cars more... i love it.
Old 09-27-12, 12:17 AM
Maseroche
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Real excited and can't wait to get in the driver's seat when mine arrives!
Old 10-01-12, 06:37 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Comparison test between the GS450h and the Infiniti M35h Hybrid :

Old 10-01-12, 08:55 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

there is something about those two that rubs me the wrong way... their reviews seem... IDK. i've seen alot of their reviews on Lexus comparos' and other cars. they favor Audi and Bmw,,, IDK it's just something about them, can't seem to put my finger on it.
Old 10-01-12, 09:31 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
there is something about those two that rubs me the wrong way... their reviews seem... IDK. i've seen alot of their reviews on Lexus comparos' and other cars. they favor Audi and Bmw,,, IDK it's just something about them, can't seem to put my finger on it.
They're pretty fair, I think, when it comes to comparisons, but I agree there's a weird vibe.
Old 10-07-12, 03:39 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Review of the GS450h F-Sport. For what it's worth, the car received a perfect score.

But what impresses me most is how well the combination of the glass-flake paint, the hybrid-only all LED headlights and the F-Sport body-kit comes together. Looks so lean and mean yet high-tech and futuristic at the same time.

Best thing is, this review was done locally in Singapore which means that yes, the GS450h F-Sport is available to me.

Here's the video (hint : watch it in full 1080p HD to fully appreciate the beauty of the GS Hybrid F-Sport). It also demonstrates the fully powered trunk lid not available in North America.

Old 10-07-12, 08:40 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^
Interesting review

If there is only one downside I can give, it would be that:
-the wheels used here look like ****.

I guess Lexus Singapore (under Borneo Motors) is a minority market.........and it's strange because Toyota Motors Asia Pacific is based in Singapore. What's with that?

I've seen the GS F-sport units in the Philippines, Singapore, Guam, Lithuania and Russia.........and the F-sport cars in those markets are using these ****ty-looking eyesores.

Yet, if you look at Japan, North America (US + Canada), Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa..........and heck even Hong Kong and Taiwan, their GS F-sport units are using the 19 inchers.

Other than that negative point, the GS F-sport is a solid car without a doubt.
Old 10-07-12, 02:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
^^^
Interesting review

If there is only one downside I can give, it would be that:
-the wheels used here look like ****.

I guess Lexus Singapore (under Borneo Motors) is a minority market.........and it's strange because Toyota Motors Asia Pacific is based in Singapore. What's with that?

I've seen the GS F-sport units in the Philippines, Singapore, Guam, Lithuania and Russia.........and the F-sport cars in those markets are using these ****ty-looking eyesores.

Yet, if you look at Japan, North America (US + Canada), Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa..........and heck even Hong Kong and Taiwan, their GS F-sport units are using the 19 inchers.

Other than that negative point, the GS F-sport is a solid car without a doubt.
road quality? otherwise, i like them as long as they have that dark finish... all of the silver alloys in GS I dont like.
Old 10-10-12, 03:20 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Review of GS450h F-Sport from New Zealand with a video :

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/road...better-than-V8
Old 10-10-12, 04:07 AM
rjmarki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just test drove the 2013 ES-350H and it was very responsive, but I'm concerned with losing money on a new car purchase. I tried looking for a 2012 GS-450H to strike a deal, but I'm having a heck of a time finding any. I figured if I buy a 2012 GS-450H it has the new Lexus interior with the up to date dash and I can get a better deal. Any suggestions other Lexus owners will be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 4th Generation GS Reviews Thread