GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Official GS-F discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-11, 10:21 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that makes it official? hardly. technically unless lexus says it, nothing is official
it is only official when you see it at your local deal with an price tag :-).

F-Sport has been confirmed though... GS-F... not.
Old 09-01-11, 11:22 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

The picture above is F Sport, don't get it confused guys, the F will be much more aggressive, I know it will please many enthusiasts here. The rest will still be haters.
Old 09-01-11, 12:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jtrue28
back to the 2006 10 spoke AWD wheels....awesome!

WoW..!! I didn't know they had 19" wheels back in 2006....

2013 Lexus GS350 - OEM Wheel Options

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-01-11 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-01-11, 01:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
it is only official when you see it at your local deal with an price tag :-).

F-Sport has been confirmed though... GS-F... not.
lol i am with ya. although i do have hope that lexus is working on the gsf
Old 09-06-11, 06:53 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Post Article

Just the Facts:

Lexus is still considering a high-performance GS F model.
If the GS F does reach production, it would be as a 2014 model.
Power may come from a supercharged V8.
CEO Akio Toyoda is in favor of F Sport and F models.

PEBBLE BEACH, California — With the recent introduction of the 2013 Lexus GS, Toyota's luxury brand has further fueled speculation that the company is working on a high-performance version of the sedan to battle the BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz C63. If the speculation is correct, the model would be called the GS F, just as the high-performance V8-powered version of the smaller IS is called the IS F.

Although Lexus officials refuse to confirm the existence of the GS F, Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda hinted heavily at the model being in Lexus' future plans during a recent roundtable with journalists in Pebble Beach, California.

"I want Lexus to be the brand chosen by the most sophisticated of drivers," Toyoda told us. "I want Lexus to compete around the world with global Lexus models. And don't worry about high-performance Lexuses like F Sport and F models going away."

Toyoda went on to tell us how much he likes driving. And how skilled he is behind the wheel. In fact, he let it be known that he drove to the interview from San Francisco in a 2013 GS 350, switching off along the way to a Mercedes E-Class and a BMW 5 Series. Word from his handlers is that he made the run in record time, arriving early and surprising them.

If the GS F does make production, speculation is that it will be powered by a supercharged version of the 5.0-liter V8 used in the IS F. Lexus has noticed Cadillac's recent success with supercharging in the CTS-V, and may choose that route over more complex and more expensive turbocharging.

Power should be in the 550 range, which is well above the 414 hp the V8 now makes in the IS F. The 2 cars are expected to share the same 8-speed automatic transmission.

Lexus will also soon introduce a new redesigned version of the IS, and the supercharged engine could see double duty in that product as well. Although all-wheel drive has been considered for both products, which would increase the vehicle's appeal in the Northeast and take on Audi head-to-head, we expect the GS F to be rear-wheel drive.

Inside Line says: If Lexus really wants to be a player, it has to make the GS F. And it has to perform as well as the new 2013 BMW M5.

Old 09-06-11, 08:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i don't mind seeing what the article says
Old 09-06-11, 09:15 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Supercharged 5.0L V8 in the GS-F make sense, as that set up is already being developed for the future Lotus Esprit and Elite, Lotus is aiming for 620 hp for their application.

It would be so awesome, blown GS-F = reliable W211 E55

Please use the same motor in a LS-F
Old 09-06-11, 09:16 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Please offer us some nicer and aggressive F wheels (not F sport).
I don't like that lotus flower design from the new IS F

Power should be in the 550 range, which is well above the 414 hp the V8 now makes in the IS F.

Inside Line says: If Lexus really wants to be a player, it has to make the GS F. And it has to perform as well as the new 2013 BMW M5
I like
Old 09-06-11, 09:26 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Please offer us some nicer and aggressive F wheels (not F sport).
I don't like that lotus flower design from the new IS F
The Lotus flower is bad, but the OG 10 spokes ISF wheels are very nice though, and the new for Europe 2012 BBS mash style wheels are super nice
Old 09-06-11, 10:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by BNR34
Supercharged 5.0L V8 in the GS-F make sense, as that set up is already being developed for the future Lotus Esprit and Elite, Lotus is aiming for 620 hp for their application.

It would be so awesome, blown GS-F = reliable W211 E55

Please use the same motor in a LS-F
lol true. and of course depends on who cracks the ecu to increase the boost
Old 09-06-11, 10:48 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
lol true. and of course depends on who cracks the ecu to increase the boost
ECU will be crack quickly when there is factory boost

Last edited by BNR34; 09-06-11 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-06-11, 10:59 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I am getting excited about this, maybe I can finally fulfilled my E55 dream

The only thing I wish is, please DO NOT put air suspension on it
Old 09-06-11, 11:37 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any speculation on a base price for a 550hp Lexus sedan???
Old 09-06-11, 11:53 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Any speculation on a base price for a 550hp Lexus sedan???
My guess is $85k~$90k fully loaded.
Old 09-06-11, 12:57 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by GS69
Just the Facts:

Lexus is still considering a high-performance GS F model.
If the GS F does reach production, it would be as a 2014 model.
Power may come from a supercharged V8.
CEO Akio Toyoda is in favor of F Sport and F models.

PEBBLE BEACH, California — With the recent introduction of the 2013 Lexus GS, Toyota's luxury brand has further fueled speculation that the company is working on a high-performance version of the sedan to battle the BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz C63. If the speculation is correct, the model would be called the GS F, just as the high-performance V8-powered version of the smaller IS is called the IS F.

Although Lexus officials refuse to confirm the existence of the GS F, Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda hinted heavily at the model being in Lexus' future plans during a recent roundtable with journalists in Pebble Beach, California.

"I want Lexus to be the brand chosen by the most sophisticated of drivers," Toyoda told us. "I want Lexus to compete around the world with global Lexus models. And don't worry about high-performance Lexuses like F Sport and F models going away."

Toyoda went on to tell us how much he likes driving. And how skilled he is behind the wheel. In fact, he let it be known that he drove to the interview from San Francisco in a 2013 GS 350, switching off along the way to a Mercedes E-Class and a BMW 5 Series. Word from his handlers is that he made the run in record time, arriving early and surprising them.

If the GS F does make production, speculation is that it will be powered by a supercharged version of the 5.0-liter V8 used in the IS F. Lexus has noticed Cadillac's recent success with supercharging in the CTS-V, and may choose that route over more complex and more expensive turbocharging.

Power should be in the 550 range, which is well above the 414 hp the V8 now makes in the IS F. The 2 cars are expected to share the same 8-speed automatic transmission.

Lexus will also soon introduce a new redesigned version of the IS, and the supercharged engine could see double duty in that product as well. Although all-wheel drive has been considered for both products, which would increase the vehicle's appeal in the Northeast and take on Audi head-to-head, we expect the GS F to be rear-wheel drive.

Inside Line says: If Lexus really wants to be a player, it has to make the GS F. And it has to perform as well as the new 2013 BMW M5.

This is good news and what I have been saying all along about Akio Toyoda. He is a car guy through and through and is intent on raising the company's high performance car quotient. A supercharged IS-F motor can deliver the goods and keep the price of the car down at the same time.

For those of you discussing hacking the ECU, there is no hacking required to run higher boost. All that is required is a different size pulley. The CTS V guys do this all the time and add larger injectors as their power goals increase. It seems that the 8-speed tranny will be beefed up for higher performance duty if Lexus is intent on using the IS-F tranny in the GS-F. This would also be a smart move, IMO. The only real question I have is whether or not the IS-F and the GS-F will have the same power rating. Regardless, this is really good news.

Quick Reply: Official GS-F discussion