GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Official GS-F discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-13, 08:18 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Just throwing it out there. What if it's a hybrid? It might be tough to create a compelling "performance" package within a 4 door sedan (giving up much more trunk or seat space), but it's being done by Ferrari, Acura, and Porsche in their two-seater halo cars.
Old 03-27-13, 08:44 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Well, the GSh is already in the mid to upper $60s. This mythical GS-F will likely be priced in the high $80s. Adding a hybrid to the mix will push it much higher.

Who knows.
Old 03-27-13, 10:11 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Well, the GSh is already in the mid to upper $60s. This mythical GS-F will likely be priced in the high $80s. Adding a hybrid to the mix will push it much higher.

Who knows.
Interesting, I wasn't think about price as much as "packaging". The Ferrari, Porsche and Acura hybrid sports cars they're building were all designed with hybrid performance in mind. As such they're probably better suited for that use. The GS, I'm not sure.

From a personal standpoint though, I'd much rather have a honking engine than a hybrid .
Old 03-27-13, 10:34 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who knows.
sounds right they want to be under BMW M5's 90k base price. The few who are deciding between the M5 and GS F are going to go after specs rather then dollar signs. It certainly will be interesting. Who's going to trade in their GS F Sports!?
Old 03-27-13, 10:53 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
So it looks like Lexus has filed the patent for the GS-F.
(from Lexus Enthusiast)

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/03/2...ormance-sedan/

In fact, I think this should go to the OP.
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...004:j3jtmh.3.2
Old 03-28-13, 07:37 PM
LexFather

We love our GS.....would have to convince wife she needs 160 or so more hp ...I planted my seed months ago

Old 03-28-13, 08:51 PM
sizquik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

April fools? I's been removed from the main CL Page
https://www.clublexus.com/articles/g...el-details.php
Old 03-30-13, 01:34 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sizquik
April fools? I's been removed from the main CL Page
https://www.clublexus.com/articles/g...el-details.php
It is definitely a possibility but it doesn't count if it isn't April Fools day and that comes on Monday.

Oh and btw, the link you posted was from last year.
Old 03-30-13, 09:15 PM
sizquik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
It is definitely a possibility but it doesn't count if it isn't April Fools day and that comes on Monday.

Oh and btw, the link you posted was from last year.
oops! I still have not made the transition to 2013.
Old 03-31-13, 10:24 AM
davidko13
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was talking to a technology expert who test drives all the new and upcoming lexus' before they come out. He told me that lexus is moving in a new direction when it comes to their performance vehicles, They built the last LFA back in October. The ISF is also being discontinued. The reason that they are discontinuing the ISF is the price tag is too high for that car and it just flat out could not compete with the Mercedes or BMW equivalent. There is exciting news for the new IS model however because the F trim package will contain key pieces from the LFA. It will contain similar headlights, the same speedometer, shifter, and steering wheel.

On the note of the GSF they are looking to create an actual powerful engine. They are going to be debuting the new engine in the new LS. That car will be coming around 2015 and the brand new V10 engine will be placed into the LSF around 2016. We have that same engine to look forward to in our GSF around 2017. They are going to place the V10 engine into the GSF and increase the price by about 10K from the top trim.

Lexus has many new and exciting vehicles to look forward to in the near future in every line up. As long as we can be patient before you know it we will be competing with E amg and M5!!!!! :0
Old 04-02-13, 10:00 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by davidko13
I was talking to a technology expert who test drives all the new and upcoming lexus' before they come out. He told me that lexus is moving in a new direction when it comes to their performance vehicles, They built the last LFA back in October. The ISF is also being discontinued. The reason that they are discontinuing the ISF is the price tag is too high for that car and it just flat out could not compete with the Mercedes or BMW equivalent. There is exciting news for the new IS model however because the F trim package will contain key pieces from the LFA. It will contain similar headlights, the same speedometer, shifter, and steering wheel.

On the note of the GSF they are looking to create an actual powerful engine. They are going to be debuting the new engine in the new LS. That car will be coming around 2015 and the brand new V10 engine will be placed into the LSF around 2016. We have that same engine to look forward to in our GSF around 2017. They are going to place the V10 engine into the GSF and increase the price by about 10K from the top trim.

Lexus has many new and exciting vehicles to look forward to in the near future in every line up. As long as we can be patient before you know it we will be competing with E amg and M5!!!!! :0
First I've heard of a V-10..... a new one, not related to the LFA which was a ridiculous rumor....

Old 04-03-13, 06:39 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

A V-10 engine would certainly be noteworthy. I would like to see at least a minimal horsepower bump, and an eight speed transmission on a GS F Sport or a GSF. I don't like the old 6 speed tranny in the car. Too much hunting, less optimal power band when you accelerate.

I'd love a GSF sooner, but it will likely come at the mid-life cycle for the current body style. They will use that to stir up excitement with a few cosmetic changes like they did with the RX.
Old 04-03-13, 07:41 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by davidko13
.... They are going to place the V10 engine into the GSF and increase the price by about 10K from the top trim....
That is absolutely FALSE.

A V-10 GSF for 75K????? Okay. #sarcasm
Old 04-03-13, 02:51 PM
davidko13
Driver School Candidate

That is absolutely FALSE.

A V-10 GSF for 75K????? Okay. #sarcasm
What would you expect the price tag to be?!?! 100K? its meant to compete with the E63 or an M5 for less money....and this isnt coming from me. its coming from a source in Lexus clearly nothing is definitive but that is what they are looking at.
Old 04-03-13, 02:53 PM
davidko13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blueprint
First I've heard of a V-10..... a new one, not related to the LFA which was a ridiculous rumor....
yah they took a lot of the LFA parts to the new IS F which actually looks really good in my opinion. They arnt going to relate the GSF to the LFA it is going to take after the brand new LS coming around 2015. They are starting from scratch for that car basically. It will be fun to see what they come up with.

Quick Reply: Official GS-F discussion