GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-11, 09:38 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Damn it seems the GS 450h F sport in Europe gets everything including the rear steer, bigger brakes etc.... Now I got to try to get that to America
are you looking to upgrade?

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
TWO MORE FIRSTS

The GS 450h F Sport is equipped with the Lexus Dynamic Handling system, making it the world’s first hybrid vehicle to feature an integrated four-wheel steering system.

All GS F Sport models are fitted with larger, 356 x 30mm ventilated front disc brakes. In a world-first design, the hat section of the braking system’s two-piece rotor is made of aluminium, which reduces weight and suppresses heat deformation.
very impressive indeed. looks like lexus is throwing every improvement under their hat at the 4GS (short of a V8).
Old 11-08-11, 06:49 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the first "first", to be very honest, is kind of picking it too. the system / idea itself is nothing new, but definitely first on the hybrid
It's also the first car to have LED headlights on a non German mid-size luxury car.
Old 11-08-11, 07:20 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
It's also the first car to have LED headlights on a non German mid-size luxury car.
If you're referring to the strip of LEDs for the DRL. Otherwise The LS600hL was the first car with full LED headlights.
Old 11-08-11, 08:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
If you're referring to the strip of LEDs for the DRL. Otherwise The LS600hL was the first car with full LED headlights.
you didn't get the joke by batman, did you? plus, i wouldn't consider ls600hl a midsize
Old 11-08-11, 10:52 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it really possible non-hybrid Lexus (in this case non-hybrid 4GS) to have Full LED headlamps like the hybrid version?

This pic states that there *might* be a way for it to be possible..........though it seems to hint that it might be a JDM-only thing.
Old 11-08-11, 11:06 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Interesting...LED headlights without the blue badge....this has to be the first time Toyota/Lexus equips LED headlights on a non-hybrid car. But yeah it most likely will be JDM-only thing.
Old 11-08-11, 11:28 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ydooby
^Interesting...LED headlights without the blue badge....this has to be the first time Toyota/Lexus equips LED headlights on a non-hybrid car. But yeah it most likely will be JDM-only thing.
Yeah

Or maybe you can do like a factory visit then you specify whatever feature you want installed. Probably something similar to the European Delivery Program of BMW (where you can fully customize your vehicle order).

If I were to buy a 4GS, I would definitely do that..............cause if I buy from existing dealer stock, there might be some features that may be deleted.

Our 2IS is like that (no Mark Levinson system available on local standard units). Hence something like special orders and intent orders is important for someone like me.

Two cents

P.S.
Imagine that: A Lexus GS-F with Full LED headlamps

Old 11-08-11, 12:21 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

I not impressed that the GS-F isn't getting the v8 engine. they going to feel this car is going to be slow because even ISF is faster than this. I would expect to be faster than ISF and bigger engine or something.
Old 11-08-11, 12:38 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by horent135
I not impressed that the GS-F isn't getting the v8 engine. they going to feel this car is going to be slow because even ISF is faster than this. I would expect to be faster than ISF and bigger engine or something.
This is the GS F-Sport that they're showing, not the GS-F. There's currently "no plan" for a GS-F according to the officials.
Old 11-08-11, 01:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by horent135
gs fsport and gs-f (if happens) are two very very different things. just look at the 2is, you have the IS fsport and the isf. they are completely different...
Old 11-09-11, 11:12 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

will this new GS be the First Lexus midsized sedan to have tpms readout at specific location?
i never understood why lexus uses four individual sensors, but doesnt give any information about each tire. they could have used abs speed sensor to alert the driver there is low pressure in one of your tires.

EDIT: tpms readout at specific location.

Last edited by onihc; 11-09-11 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-09-11, 11:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

on tpms i think it's really time to make each corner distinguishable. on my other cars, if there is a flat, it will stay it clearly which corner is low on pressure. my m3 doesn't show the pressure, my s550 shows the pressure as well. imho the number is ok, but telling me which corner is more important. my gs350 and ls460l? both painful, you know "something is low" but don't know which one. the ls460l shows numbers, but since not location related, they are kind of pointless
Old 11-09-11, 11:28 AM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

RXh shows numbers too but not location.
Old 11-09-11, 11:39 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

on tpms i think it's really time to make each corner distinguishable. on my other cars, if there is a flat, it will stay it clearly which corner is low on pressure. my m3 doesn't show the pressure, my s550 shows the pressure as well. imho the number is ok, but telling me which corner is more important. my gs350 and ls460l? both painful, you know "something is low" but don't know which one. the ls460l shows numbers, but since not location related, they are kind of pointless
i would have thought the 460 would show numbers/data for each specific tire. it's there already, why not have the numbers displayed at each corner of the square display. that's logical enough.
my mom's infiniti shows pressure but not location. my wife's 05 a8l has pressure and temperature readout on all tires including the spare.

i really hope this new gs will be the First LEXUS with tpms readout for each specific tire and location.
Old 11-09-11, 12:07 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

LoL.. This morning I was playing chance with my "Low Tire" warning in the IS-F...

At, first I thought it was outside temp. related... But on my last tire check, the ugly nail was found...

The TPMS works, cause I never would have known I had a nail.. Through process of checking / setting each tires PSI is how I found it..

Whats even better is the Teachstream Laptop data shows each sensor ID and the PSI in each tire... But no location, unless you know which # 1, 2, 3 or 4 sensor is sitting exactly.

So the data is already there, they just haven't placed it on the Lexus user interface display.

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 11-09-11 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show