GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-11, 12:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by onihc
i would have thought the 460 would show numbers/data for each specific tire. it's there already, why not have the numbers displayed at each corner of the square display. that's logical enough.
my mom's infiniti shows pressure but not location. my wife's 05 a8l has pressure and temperature readout on all tires including the spare.

i really hope this new gs will be the First LEXUS with tpms readout for each specific tire and location.
the ls460 does show the numbers, but absolutely nothing on the location of the tire. most other luxury cars i have seen, they at least tell you which wheel is low. and on my s550 for example, it shows the number AND location.

just showing the number is silly, what's worse is ls460 has 5 numbers because the spare has tpms too. some people spend the time to check pressure and "associate" the 5 lines of numbers with the location. but that becomes useless next time they do tire rotation, because all numbers are still the same but the locations are all changed.

that's why i said i rather know the corner than the number.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
LoL.. This morning I was playing chance with my "Low Tire" warning in the IS-F...

At, first I thought it was outside temp. related... But on my last tire check, the ugly nail was found...

The TPMS works, cause I never would have known I had a nail.. Through process of checking / setting each tires PSI is how I found it..

Whats even better is the Teachstream Laptop data shows each sensor ID and the PSI in each tire... But no location, unless you know which # 1, 2, 3 or 4 sensor is sitting exactly.

So the data is already there, they just haven't placed it on the Lexus user interface display.

~ Joe Z
sorry for the nail joe, hope the tire is repairable. given my luck, every time i see the tpms light on my lexus, it will be the LAST tire i check before i see the damage as well... sigh...

the tpms definitely work, no doubt on that.

on my other cars, every time you rotate tires (you can still rotate wheels left and right even on isf/m3 as long as tires are asymmetric), all you need to do is to press a button and all the sensors will be re-initialized and their new locations memorized.

definitely something lexus HAS to implement imho
Old 11-09-11, 05:43 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Most GM vehicles have shown the actual pressure for ten years now, and many other vehicles do (including our Acura TL and one of my motorcycles)>

It will take a lot to get me to buy another car that does not show them all. Here is why. Let's say I'm on a busy freeway and an orange light comes on telling me there is a low tire. I don't have enough information know if I have a complete flat, or one tire has just gone below the preset pressure (which is usually plenty high enough to drive on). Do I get into a very dangerous situation to pull over to the shoulder and have to actually walk around the car to find the low or flat tire, or do I drive on to a safe place to stop?

I think in some ways they are actually creating a more dangerous situation by not showing what is really going on. I had a Cadillac CTS a couple of years ago go flat on a Houston area freeway, and I was able to actually watch the pressure go down on the dash readout and I was able to make a very informed decision on what action to take.
Old 11-09-11, 05:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

unless you have a blowout you should never just stop at the shoulder

not arguing the usefulness of having the numbers of course
Old 11-11-11, 06:50 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

So according to the picture with the mirrors, F-Sport colors are Black, Nebula, Red, Platinum and White. I was somewhat hoping they would have a "special" color as well, but maybe they'll hold off on that for the GS-F (yeah right). Also, I was hoping the F-Sport would have more power, again, not the case. I like the looks of the F-Sport better, but I would like to have 350+ HP as well. The plain GS350 looks too much like an ES....no thanks.
Old 11-11-11, 11:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,396 Likes on 1,570 Posts

wonder why lexus tpms display doens't show which tire!? my explorer and friend's acura TSX both show which tire. the acura is nice because you can just review the pressure at each wheel. my explorer doesn't show any info, only when a tire is low - i think it says something like 'left rear pressure low'.
Old 11-11-11, 08:44 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
So according to the picture with the mirrors, F-Sport colors are Black, Nebula, Red, Platinum and White. I was somewhat hoping they would have a "special" color as well, but maybe they'll hold off on that for the GS-F (yeah right). Also, I was hoping the F-Sport would have more power, again, not the case. I like the looks of the F-Sport better, but I would like to have 350+ HP as well. The plain GS350 looks too much like an ES....no thanks.
I think you need to wait and see it in person. I've seen so many ES's, they look nothing like this new GS, even from just seeing pictures of it, I can tell it's much closer to the IS, not the ES.
Old 11-11-11, 09:40 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

did the 3gs have a trunk open indicator light on the dash? or will the 4gs be the first mid sized lexus with a trunk open indicator?
Old 11-12-11, 02:13 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the ls460 does show the numbers, but absolutely nothing on the location of the tire. most other luxury cars i have seen, they at least tell you which wheel is low. and on my s550 for example, it shows the number AND location.

just showing the number is silly, what's worse is ls460 has 5 numbers because the spare has tpms too. some people spend the time to check pressure and "associate" the 5 lines of numbers with the location. but that becomes useless next time they do tire rotation, because all numbers are still the same but the locations are all changed.

that's why i said i rather know the corner than the number.

sorry for the nail joe, hope the tire is repairable. given my luck, every time i see the tpms light on my lexus, it will be the LAST tire i check before i see the damage as well... sigh...

the tpms definitely work, no doubt on that.

on my other cars, every time you rotate tires (you can still rotate wheels left and right even on isf/m3 as long as tires are asymmetric), all you need to do is to press a button and all the sensors will be re-initialized and their new locations memorized.

definitely something lexus HAS to implement imho
pretty sure new Lexus sedans will show location as well, as new Asian Camry does.

Old 11-12-11, 11:21 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^ on my 2010 RX450h, the tpms doesn't tell which corner has the leak even tho it provides tire pressure for each wheel. perhaps the new lexus sedans showing which corner has a leak is only for jdm vehicles only? hopefully the 4GS will not only show tire pressures but also which corner has the leak.
Old 11-12-11, 07:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
^ on my 2010 RX450h, the tpms doesn't tell which corner has the leak even tho it provides tire pressure for each wheel. perhaps the new lexus sedans showing which corner has a leak is only for jdm vehicles only? hopefully the 4GS will not only show tire pressures but also which corner has the leak.
i would assume camry got it simply because it is newer car and they started putting that tech in... so expect it in other FMC models as well.
Old 11-14-11, 10:58 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Here's some video I took from SEMA. Photos to come:

GS F Sport ride with Scott Pruett & KREW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQgcyZhq48

GS F Sport hot laps with Joe Bacal and Scott Pruett:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q-LrOjFl84
Old 11-14-11, 11:04 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
I think you need to wait and see it in person. I've seen so many ES's, they look nothing like this new GS, even from just seeing pictures of it, I can tell it's much closer to the IS, not the ES.
I'm referring to the front grille only. The horizontal grille lines have "ES" written all over them. The F-Sport spindle design is the way they should have gone...just like the LF-Gh.

Last edited by jtrue28; 11-14-11 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-14-11, 01:12 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

The thing drives like an animal.
Old 11-14-11, 01:48 PM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know if this is a repost....but here you go Name:  sHa_thankyouvery.gif
Views: 909
Size:  3.5 KB

Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show-img_9571.jpg

Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show-img_9569.jpg

Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show-img_9564.jpg

http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gal..._9569.JPG.html
Old 11-14-11, 11:23 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Regardless of what you think of the design as a whole, it does look expensive:

Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show-kaqp3.jpg
Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show-n1oqk.jpg
Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show-tmpod.jpg

Quick Reply: Lexus to Reveal All-New 2013 GS 350 with F SPORT Package at 2011 SEMA Show