Hoovey Review: GS350 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-12, 03:39 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Excellent write up Hoovey

One thing that you mentioned surprises me.

Again with the price cutting, my 13 y/o GS300 has a electric gas door, hell the 92' LS had a electric gas door. That's ridiculous, I know that 99% of people wont even notice it but that will bother me.
It is not price cutting. It is smart. You just need your car to be unlocked to open the gas door. Why bother pressing another button inside when you can go out and push on the gas door to open. When the car is locked, you cannot open the gas door anyways as it is also locked too. All the German cars I have has this feature and its convenient. I was tired of the older Lexus having those pathetic gas opener buttons inside.
Old 02-05-12, 04:04 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great review! It's weird, as I am reading your review, the new GS commercial starts playing during the Super Bowl.
Old 02-05-12, 05:16 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The seats are really superb. I think these are the best seats I have come across in a car. I love them.
Old 02-05-12, 05:22 PM
LexFather

Hoovey that was a well written review, thanks so much for sharing!
Old 02-05-12, 06:06 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
It is not price cutting. It is smart. You just need your car to be unlocked to open the gas door. Why bother pressing another button inside when you can go out and push on the gas door to open. When the car is locked, you cannot open the gas door anyways as it is also locked too. All the German cars I have has this feature and its convenient. I was tired of the older Lexus having those pathetic gas opener buttons inside.
X2. It's not cost cutting. It's a convenience factor.
Old 02-05-12, 07:34 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like Lexus did serious job of copying ever feature of German's cars. I hope they didn't make gas door on passenger side. Do not want go around of car for fueling.
Old 02-05-12, 07:40 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
It's not available in any US Bound IS F Sport model. Is a special order option that is rarely found outside of IS F.

GS F Sport does not have Mark Levinson option in the Western Area unless its special ordered.
It isn't big miss. I had Lexus with ML and without and can say that Lexus stock radio is pretty good, of caurce you can't play DVD, but it wasn't big problem for me, and I never wanted impress my neighbors how loud my car can play music.
Old 02-05-12, 11:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
yup, just like i stated. of course i am still under assumption that the gas door is locked when car is locked, otherwise then i would agree it's a silly design.

and yes, i am shocked (sad) if they are really discontinuing the drs. it helps handling a lot, and discontinuing it already due to cost, not good
Old 02-05-12, 11:32 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dema
It looks like Lexus did serious job of copying ever feature of German's cars. I hope they didn't make gas door on passenger side. Do not want go around of car for fueling.
Hehe

But where I'm from, that's the job of the 'gas-boy'

Reason here is because he will be the one who will be filling up for me (it's full service where I'm from.......which I guess is different from USA which is self-service)

P.S.
I hope our GS F-sport for 4GS comes with ML audio.........since Lexus Manila *still* does not do custom orders (or intent/special orders)

That and I'm puzzled why Lexus would wanna remove DRS when it's part of the LDH package. I hope they won't do something like that.........or remove such a feature for the GS-F (if it ever comes)
Old 02-05-12, 11:49 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Individual
Great review! It's weird, as I am reading your review, the new GS commercial starts playing during the Super Bowl.
thanks! lol its telling you something!

Originally Posted by *Batman*
The seats are really superb. I think these are the best seats I have come across in a car. I love them.
It really felt like a throne . how do they compare to your 5 Series seats?

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Hoovey that was a well written review, thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you Mike!
Old 02-06-12, 03:41 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Hehe

But where I'm from, that's the job of the 'gas-boy'

Reason here is because he will be the one who will be filling up for me (it's full service where I'm from.......which I guess is different from USA which is self-service)

P.S.
I hope our GS F-sport for 4GS comes with ML audio.........since Lexus Manila *still* does not do custom orders (or intent/special orders)

That and I'm puzzled why Lexus would wanna remove DRS when it's part of the LDH package. I hope they won't do something like that.........or remove such a feature for the GS-F (if it ever comes)
NJ has full service. But, I much rather pump my own gas.
Old 02-06-12, 11:42 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by hypervish
NJ has full service. But, I much rather pump my own gas.
Oregon has full service too
Old 02-06-12, 12:45 PM
itruns
Driver

Originally Posted by TerrySmith
Hey. Thanks for the review. I am really thinking about getting one of these but along with no fogs and disappearing dynamic rear steering, I was told by a dealer today that F Sport versions with ML audio are not available. I would like the ML - F Sport combo and don't understand why Lexus would think people would not want that combo. Might be a show stopper for me.
Hennesy Lexus in Gwinnet has already had a F-Sport Plus which has the ML system, Hud and DRS... Which is not going away btw...Just some internet misinformation (confirmed today from the Corporate Lexus GS launch team)
Old 02-06-12, 12:49 PM
itruns
Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
between that and fog lights, it is terrible.

:-)
BMW has done it that way for years... I far prefer it that way having both methods... I don't have to remember to push the button before refilling with gas and the gas flap is never accidently "popped" when fumbling with buttons
Old 02-06-12, 12:56 PM
itruns
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
It's not available in any US Bound IS F Sport model. Is a special order option that is rarely found outside of IS F.

GS F Sport does not have Mark Levinson option in the Western Area unless its special ordered.
Hemmm, In the Eastern region it is standard in the F-sport + package. I know different regions do things differently but here .HUD, ML and DRS are the F-Sport + package... It is encouraging that we might be able to get the DRS without HUD and ML... I like both of them, but I do not want to be forced to get them just to get DRS...

Quick Reply: Hoovey Review: GS350 F-Sport