GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS autostart key fob

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-19, 05:54 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold10460
Don't waste your time connecting @ the push to start button. The gs350 doesn’t have takeover feature, which makes it a pointless connection . Doing the 2 Can wires is the only splice that’s required .
Because the car will shut off when you open a door?

"Idle Mode allows you to remove the keys and leave the vehicle running for the
pre-programmed run time. This is great for those short pit stops when you
would rather not shut OFF the engine"
Old 12-14-19, 07:33 AM
Gold10460
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=peasodos;10681672]Because the car will shut off when you open a door?

"Idle Mode allows you to remove the keys and leave the vehicle running for the
pre-programmed run time. This is great for those short pit stops when you
would rather not shut OFF the engine"[/QUOTE

Cut into the wire if you want buddy , it’s your car.
Old 12-15-19, 01:17 AM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Or use a t-tap
Old 02-20-20, 02:12 PM
David1234
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrplesh
So I installed this (https://shop.mypushcart.com/plug-n-p...5-lexus-gs350/ $150 on Amazon) this weekend and it works amazing. Uses your factory key by pressing the lock button three times. After that, everything works like the factory unit but for half the price. Install took about 15 minutes in my driveway, there is a T harness for the ECU and a T harness for the steering lock. You need to tap 2 CAN wires and you are done.

I will be installing the smartphone module this week when it arrives and will post my updates.

i need help with installing this kit on my 2014 gs350 I can’t seem to plug in the black wire (not the one that goes into the ecu) it is too far in for my hand to get to and idk how anybody would be able to get this installed in 15 minutes I tried and after 2 hours gave up with half my dash taken apart and still not being able to get to the plug. Very frustrating process and my hand is all scratched up and bleeding.
Old 02-20-20, 02:22 PM
David1234
Driver School Candidate

good for you! If you have any issues I might be able to help.
tried installing this kit today on my gs350 and could not get to the wire that’s on the right side of the steering column. I finally managed to unplug it and connect the kit wire to it but the could reconnect it back into the car after trying at in for 30 minutes I gave up and plugged the factory one back in which still took me a good 20 minutes to do. I don’t understand how people install this kit in 15 minutes just taking apart the dash takes longer. Also I wasn’t aware that we had to splice any wires? I thought we just have to plug 2 things into the car and then program it. Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 02-20-20, 02:58 PM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

So I installed this (https://shop.mypushcart.com/plug-n-p...5-lexus-gs350/ $150 on Amazon) this weekend and it works amazing. Uses your factory key by pressing the lock button three times. After that, everything works like the factory unit but for half the price. Install took about 15 minutes in my driveway, there is a T harness for the ECU and a T harness for the steering lock. You need to tap 2 CAN wires and you are done.

I will be installing the smartphone module this week when it arrives and will post my updates.
Originally Posted by David1234
tried installing this kit today on my gs350 and could not get to the wire that’s on the right side of the steering column. I finally managed to unplug it and connect the kit wire to it but the could reconnect it back into the car after trying at in for 30 minutes I gave up and plugged the factory one back in which still took me a good 20 minutes to do. I don’t understand how people install this kit in 15 minutes just taking apart the dash takes longer. Also I wasn’t aware that we had to splice any wires? I thought we just have to plug 2 things into the car and then program it. Any help is greatly appreciated
I am sorry you are having trouble accessing the the steering lock wire to insert the T-Harness. When you took off the trim panel under the steering wheel, did you unplug the push to start button, parking brake, etc. to allow you to move the panel out of the way for easier access? For me this connector was not too difficult, but I do have slender hands
Old 02-20-20, 03:09 PM
David1234
Driver School Candidate

I am sorry you are having trouble accessing the the steering lock wire to insert the T-Harness. When you took off the trim panel under the steering wheel, did you unplug the push to start button, parking brake, etc. to allow you to move the panel out of the way for easier access? For me this connector was not too difficult, but I do have slender hands
no I left those on I guess this is why I couldn’t get a good angle.. I just have no experience taking off trim panels and didn’t want to break anything in this car. My other problem is I’m not sure what you mean when you said tap two can wires? What does tap mean and also idk what can wires are. Thank you for the quick response.
Old 02-20-20, 03:17 PM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

no I left those on I guess this is why I couldn’t get a good angle.. I just have no experience taking off trim panels and didn’t want to break anything in this car. My other problem is I’m not sure what you mean when you said tap two can wires? What does tap mean and also idk what can wires are. Thank you for the quick response.
I completely understand being careful and cautious on these cars, things are expensive to replace and I never like to rush with something I am new to either.
To tap a wire means to make a T style connection where the main wire stays in tact, and you attach a second wire onto it, in the shape of a T (basically inserting it into the circuit without breaking the existing circuit)
The CAN wires I referred to are CAN BUS wires here is a short explanation. "A Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a robust vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each others' applications without a host computer" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus
If you dont have an easy way to tap into the thin wires (i personally dont like cutting the insulation and just tapping it together) I suggest these connectors from Amazon, easy to use a create a reliable connection
Amazon Amazon
Old 02-20-20, 04:13 PM
David1234
Driver School Candidate

I completely understand being careful and cautious on these cars, things are expensive to replace and I never like to rush with something I am new to either.
To tap a wire means to make a T style connection where the main wire stays in tact, and you attach a second wire onto it, in the shape of a T (basically inserting it into the circuit without breaking the existing circuit)
The CAN wires I referred to are CAN BUS wires here is a short explanation. "A Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a robust vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each others' applications without a host computer" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus
If you dont have an easy way to tap into the thin wires (i personally dont like cutting the insulation and just tapping it together) I suggest these connectors from Amazon, easy to use a create a reliable connection https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WD957SC
thank you for the reply, I guess the reason I’m confused is I’m hearing mixed things about this remote starter. Some of the Amazon reviews say it was 100% plug and play and others are saying there’s splicing involved. As far as I know all I need to connect is the ecu and the black connector that’s by the steering column. Would you be able to provide more info on exactly what wires I need to connect to the car? I bought the kit off amazon for $150 and if has the T harness which is what I thought was all I needed for this to work. Thank you again
Old 02-20-20, 04:30 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

thank you for the reply, I guess the reason I’m confused is I’m hearing mixed things about this remote starter. Some of the Amazon reviews say it was 100% plug and play and others are saying there’s splicing involved. As far as I know all I need to connect is the ecu and the black connector that’s by the steering column. Would you be able to provide more info on exactly what wires I need to connect to the car? I bought the kit off amazon for $150 and if has the T harness which is what I thought was all I needed for this to work. Thank you again
[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/ab34bfee-2524-42d0-aa09-a0f49af2283c[/img]On the white 28 pin connector can high is the red wire and can low is the grey.

Last edited by Gold10460; 02-20-20 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-20-20, 04:41 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

[img]blob:https://www.clublexus.com/ab34bfee-2524-42d0-aa09-a0f49af2283c[/img]On the white 28 pin connector can high is the red wire and can low is the grey.

The following users liked this post:
mrplesh (02-20-20)
Old 02-20-20, 05:28 PM
David1234
Driver School Candidate

thank you so much for your help, I’m going to try and tackle this project again tomorrow. How long do you think this should take from start to finish also any tips on how to disassemble the dash more than I did because I’m not sure how to take the dash apart to have better access and don’t want to break any clips
Old 02-20-20, 06:42 PM
David1234
Driver School Candidate

https://www.amazon.com/MPC-Complete-Plug-n-Play-Activated-2013-2015/dp/B07LCSR5SB/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=mpc+lexus&qid=1558969053&s=gateway&sr=8-2 https://www.amazon.com/MPC-Complete-Plug-n-Play-Activated-2013-2015/dp/B07LCSR5SB/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=mpc+lexus&qid=1558969053&s=gateway&sr=8-2

This is the kit i have. There should only be 2 connections to the car itself? i dont see any wires that id have to splice.
Old 02-20-20, 06:45 PM
mrplesh
Pit Crew

If you scan the QR code on the box or go the MPC website and download the TIP sheet, it describes what two wires you will use from the bundle on the T-Harness side
Old 02-20-20, 07:15 PM
David1234
Driver School Candidate

so no wire splicing is needed then? just plug and play?

Quick Reply: 4GS autostart key fob