GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My 4GS Sighting and some exterior styling thoughts (I know again)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-12, 07:17 PM
Leo23
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tonight, I was driving on the west side highway, ny, and I saw the led headlights smiling in the rear view mirror. I knew it was the 4gs, but I couldn't see the grille because of the dark. I wanted to see what the whole car looks like moving on the road, so I managed to let him pass me and........, It was a jaguar
How many cars have those led lights by now??
Old 02-21-12, 08:00 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Saw my first base GS today (it was silver) and came away mighty impressed, certainly better in the flesh than in pics. It had a sporty stance and a nice growl from the exhaust. I have liked it since day 1 but this further contributed to me wanting one.
Old 02-21-12, 08:22 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well this was interesting....as soon as I turned out the neighborhood got behind a new silver 4GS....it was overcast so the lights were on and I have to say I really like the rear lights in the "L" shape lit up. While the overall design of the light might not stand out, the LED tubes do. What is also signature was the Lexus exhaust cut outs on the rear end. It helps with the otherwise rather mundane rear.
i've loving the LED tubes Lexus is putting on the taillights, both on the 4GS and the new ES. I want it LOL Couldn't tell if the updated RX has it or not.

Originally Posted by Leo23
Tonight, I was driving on the west side highway, ny, and I saw the led headlights smiling in the rear view mirror. I knew it was the 4gs, but I couldn't see the grille because of the dark. I wanted to see what the whole car looks like moving on the road, so I managed to let him pass me and........, It was a jaguar
How many cars have those led lights by now??
haha I'm loving LED DRL. Even if many companies have it on their new cars, they're all styled and shaped differently, so it's all good. I love it on my IS! I can't help but stare whenever i see my car in the reflection To be honest, a car without some kind of LED DRL now is a deal breaker for me lol

Headlights and taillights styling is a big thing for me, Audi and MB stand out in my mind. With not only LED DRL, but also LED turn signals, brake lights etc, they're able to give a very unique and interesting design to the lights both when on and off. i don't think Lexus is quite there yet, but the LED tubes on the 4GS and new ES definitely give the lights much character
Old 02-22-12, 07:32 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,469 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by robloc93
... certainly better in the flesh than in pics.
i never understand this comment ... to me, cars look exactly the same in the flesh as in pics.

saw a 4gs the other day, and it looked exactly like pics.
Old 02-22-12, 08:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i never understand this comment ... to me, cars look exactly the same in the flesh as in pics.

me neither. i was pretty much told to shut up when i commented on the 4gs when pics came out and wait to see the real car. saw the real car, wow, exact same comments from me
Old 02-22-12, 11:52 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I stopped by the dealer yesterday to see them in person and while not radically different in the metal, I did notice some subtle style cues that weren't as obvious in the pictures I'd seen. It's a good looking (but not drop dead gorgeous) car on the outside. The interior is as good as I've seen short of 6 figure+ bespoke vehicles.

Wheel gap on the AWD is terrible and highlighted by the lower profile tires I saw on the F-Sport one they had.

I am glad to see that Lexus seems to be piling on the marketing dollars for the new GS. I've seen tons of commercials and a handful of billboards go up in the last few weeks.

Will wait on future drivetrains or F variant before I seriously look at one.
Old 02-22-12, 05:23 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I see what you're saying, lol....but what I meant is I was able to see it in action instead of staring at a still picture of it. Kind of like seeing a celebrity in person for the first time as opposed to seeing them through pictures or videos. I got a better feel for it over all if that makes any sense, lol.
Old 02-23-12, 06:33 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope the led DRLs on the Lexus models work better than the ones on Audis... is it just me or is every 3rd audi you see driving around with one of the LED strips dead?
Old 02-23-12, 07:59 PM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the new front end, The older isx50 front end seemed just "off" to me
Old 02-23-12, 08:10 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I hope the led DRLs on the Lexus models work better than the ones on Audis... is it just me or is every 3rd audi you see driving around with one of the LED strips dead?
Maybe because they are making a left or right turn which turns on the orange blinkers and shuts off the LED on the side of turning.
Old 02-24-12, 06:10 AM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Maybe because they are making a left or right turn which turns on the orange blinkers and shuts off the LED on the side of turning.
I didn't know that, but no, a lot are just driving down the street - though I'm sure the truly dead ones are probably less than I thought before because of that quirk I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the education. :P
Old 02-25-12, 02:14 AM
js619858
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I didn't know that, but no, a lot are just driving down the street - though I'm sure the truly dead ones are probably less than I thought before because of that quirk I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the education. :P
Yea I seen that too and the car was not blinking!

I saw the car in San Diego at Lexus of Kerney Mesa and the driver stared more at my ISF than I was looking at the 4GS but it's really nice.
Old 02-25-12, 04:50 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sometimes they look the same and sometimes they don't.
Lighting and skill doesn't always reveal every line and shape in pics.
Not every person perceives or process information the same. Some are more tactile. Some are more emotional.....and so on.

I'm really surprsed an enthusiast would say this...until I remind myself of what I just said....we're all different....and thank God for that.
Old 02-25-12, 03:02 PM
death
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Car looks much better in person. I saw a white one today with blacked out windows which looked sick.
Old 02-26-12, 06:13 AM
Liferules
Driver

Originally Posted by death
Car looks much better in person. I saw a white one today with blacked out windows which looked sick.
I agree...tint, especially on the F-sports really makes a huge improvement.

Quick Reply: My 4GS Sighting and some exterior styling thoughts (I know again)