GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bluetooh steaming or XM? Which service do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-12 | 03:25 PM
a6s
Driver

Default Bluetooh steaming or XM? Which service do you prefer?

I'm curious & wanted to ask the community:

1. Do you enjoy more; (or would use more on a daily basis) bluetooh steaming or xm radio?
2. A little about your choice...
3. If bluetooh steaming, On Android or iPhone? what service do you use? Pandora, I heart radio, your itunes library etc...

1. I am enjoying the free 3 months of XM provided radio. In such time I am not bluetooh streaming.

2. As a paid subscription service I am less likely to keep paying for XM. I pay monthly for a cell phone data cap of 5gb. I can get great variety of streaming radio thru my connected phone. I plan on bluetooth steaming as a primary source of music.

3. I use Xiia live on android. Lots of varitey.

I'm looking forward to hearing from the community.
Good luck & prosperity to my fellow Club Lexus members.
Old 03-17-12 | 04:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

i've used it all. have an iPhone 4s. i've ordered movie tickets via app suite from the car and it worked. i have a comp. 2 year plan with xm,, don't ask me how i didn't ask any questions. got the car from lexus of rockville centre. in long island with a 1 year plan. called xm to cancel previous sub. from the 2011 ES. and was told i had a 2 year plan. anyway,,,,,,i'm doing both bluetooth,xm,pandora started with heart today,,it's okay. used bing app. in other words i'm taking advantage of everything this car has to offer.
Old 03-17-12 | 05:37 PM
a6s
Driver

Default 2 year membership? That's awesome!

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
...in other words i'm taking advantage of everything this car has to offer.
XM adds alot of benefits to ownership of this car. All the real time traffic info, freeway gas prices & amenities is a neat tool to have. If you use them both, you must never be bored in your car. Thank you for sharing.
Old 03-17-12 | 08:51 PM
drdigital1
Driver School Candidate

I listen sometimes to international radio stations and I use TuneIn Radio app for that. It works with BT streaming on 2013 GS. The radio app in the Lexus Suite supports only US stations.
Once the complimentary subscriptions to Lexus Enform with Safety Connect, Lexus App Suite and SiriusXM services expire I plan to subscribe only to SiriusXM NavTraffic in order to have real time traffic info with my navigation.
Old 03-20-12 | 08:35 PM
GSfsport
Driver

i came to a conclusion that u wont renew my subscription with xm radio after my 3 months free, it is mostly bc i use bt way more than xm, the only time i use xm is because i had to tell myself that i should take advantage of the free trial. i have sprint with unlimited everything, so if i cant figure out anything to listion to which i highly doubt i can stream music from my playlist on youtube.
Old 06-04-12 | 07:16 PM
Corey140
Intermediate

I know, old topic but I didn't wanna start a new topic.

Has the 16 character limit been fixed with XM?