Old 03-31-12 | 05:25 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-01-12 | 07:49 AM
MarkGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by spwolf
these are features not available in US GS350... they are both available outside US, with actually full auto close like in LS.

there is still to be seen if GS450h will be different in that regard.
I am considering the fact that these features are available on models outside the US to be potential tweaks to future model years of the US version of the 4 gen GS, along with a V8 and maybe even some good discounts from MSRP
Old 04-02-12 | 09:35 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Did you know that...

When you walk by the car in the dark the side mirrors illuminate the front of the doors?

Noticed this tonight as I was walking the dogs past the car. Not sure if this existed in other models - but this is new for me.

Probably does it in daytime too, you just don't see it.
Old 04-02-12 | 09:38 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mehran888
Did you know that...

When you walk by the car in the dark the side mirrors illuminate the front of the doors?

Noticed this tonight as I was walking the dogs past the car. Not sure if this existed in other models - but this is new for me.

Probably does it in daytime too, you just don't see it.
It only does this if you have the key in your pocket right?
Old 04-02-12 | 09:40 PM
mehran888
Advanced

That's right - you need your key in your pocket. Is this something that existed with previous Lexus vehicles?
Old 04-02-12 | 10:10 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mehran888
That's right - you need your key in your pocket. Is this something that existed with previous Lexus vehicles?
Yes, my 3GS does this too.
Old 04-03-12 | 05:22 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

The fuel fill door locks when you lock the doors. (I wondered what that noise was.)
Old 04-03-12 | 06:21 AM
mrcheerio
Pole Position

i got a question, when pressing the DISP button the steering wheel it changes through various summaries of the car such as MPG , air pressure in the tires etc. The IS that i traded in had a summary where it told you the mileage till you had an empty tank... I cant find it on this, did they take it out ?
Old 04-03-12 | 06:46 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

I believe range is listed on one of the displays that can be selected on the big screen.
Old 04-03-12 | 06:53 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mrcheerio
i got a question, when pressing the DISP button the steering wheel it changes through various summaries of the car such as MPG , air pressure in the tires etc. The IS that i traded in had a summary where it told you the mileage till you had an empty tank... I cant find it on this, did they take it out ?
"Cruising range" - Displays the estimated maximum distance that can be driven with the quantity of fuel remaining
Page 84 on http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...pdf/sec_02.pdf
Old 04-03-12 | 07:22 AM
mrcheerio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jj14
"Cruising range" - Displays the estimated maximum distance that can be driven with the quantity of fuel remaining
ah so they just renamed it then thanks
Old 04-03-12 | 08:32 AM
crzyis
Driver

Originally Posted by jj14
but you can go in and make that a permanent display sort of in the middle of the screen and have what ever else you want on the upper big screen.

My default was outside temp and I changed it Range and now put outside temp on the big display when I want it.
Old 04-03-12 | 09:59 AM
Liferules
Driver

The odd thing I'm missing most is the date and time. Used to be on the display part of my Audi but I don't see it anywhere on the dash of the 4GS. Got to get used to looking at the center clock!
Old 04-03-12 | 10:20 AM
mrcheerio
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Liferules
The odd thing I'm missing most is the date and time. Used to be on the display part of my Audi but I don't see it anywhere on the dash of the 4GS. Got to get used to looking at the center clock!
i know the feeling ... in the IS you had a digital clock and now its an analog clock, i have to get used to looking for it ...
Old 04-03-12 | 11:09 AM
MichaelLop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HizGSF
According to the owner's manual the key fob can be customize to roll down all the windows and open the sunroof my the dealership, has anyone had that done?
This is available but cannot be changed by the vehicle customization menu on the nav. A technician must do this with his scan tool. So take it to your Lexus Dealer and tell them you want this feature switched on. You can also do it by putting the key in the door and turning it to the right and holding it.

Quick Reply: Did You Know This About Your GS?