GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

For guys and gals who carry.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-19, 02:59 AM
GolfnCPA
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I like this one, but I'm not drilling on my console or anywhere.
That's why its on an old beat up farm truck.
The following users liked this post:
bigblack06 (05-31-19)
Old 05-29-19, 01:01 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

When I carry in the GS I carry IWB at 4:00. It works fine once I’m sitting down and in position. No issue. CCW is a M&P Shield with a 9 round mag (actually a 7 round, but modified with a Magguts for +2).
Old 05-29-19, 04:00 PM
Dom87SS
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 84 Posts

Over the last year I lost 50lbs so I can now carry IWB much easier in the car. When I was heavier it was much more uncomfortable. I would use a sticky holster between the console and seat and put it in the glove box if I couldn't carry in somewhere. I don't like that I don't have access to it quickly while buckled in and takes a lot of movement to draw it. But it's the legal way to carry here in IL. Like many others, my CC is a shield 9.
RichardB23 (05-31-19)
Old 05-29-19, 07:21 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

To be perfectly honest, I kinda hate my Shield. I have big hands and my aim is terrible from more than 20 feet unless I really get in a well thought out position to shoot, but on the plus side if disappears into my waistband and I barely feel it when sitting in the Lexus. Once (read: if) I lose some weight, I think I will eventually move to a P229.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike552:
praetor (05-30-19), RichardB23 (05-31-19)
Old 05-31-19, 07:18 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
I'm not in my car 8 hours a day and I carry OWB. It isn't bad at all for me. I just have to move the holster more towards the front. IWB doesn't work for me so I carry OWB.
I would love to carry OWB as it is much more comfortable. But I don't even own an OWB holster. Maybe in the winter when I have a jacket on. But in the summer, I don't want to attract attention by having a gun on my hip. Maybe if I lived in the country, but most people where I live would freak if they saw a gun.

Originally Posted by Mike552
When I carry in the GS I carry IWB at 4:00. It works fine once I’m sitting down and in position. No issue. CCW is a M&P Shield with a 9 round mag (actually a 7 round, but modified with a Magguts for +2).
I'm too fat! haha. Maybe if I lose some weight I can carry there. I always carry appendix and try to make sure I don't shoot my D off.

Originally Posted by Dom87SS
Over the last year I lost 50lbs so I can now carry IWB much easier in the car. When I was heavier it was much more uncomfortable. I would use a sticky holster between the console and seat and put it in the glove box if I couldn't carry in somewhere. I don't like that I don't have access to it quickly while buckled in and takes a lot of movement to draw it. But it's the legal way to carry here in IL. Like many others, my CC is a shield 9.
That is great man! Must feel like a new person! And a lot easier to conceal your weapon.

Originally Posted by Mike552
To be perfectly honest, I kinda hate my Shield. I have big hands and my aim is terrible from more than 20 feet unless I really get in a well thought out position to shoot, but on the plus side if disappears into my waistband and I barely feel it when sitting in the Lexus. Once (read: if) I lose some weight, I think I will eventually move to a P229.
A P229 is a big step up over the shield! I have both and of course the P229 is the better and easier shooter but man, that would be tough for me to IWB that sucker. If I ever wore an OWB I would totally carry it.
Old 05-31-19, 10:04 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by leisinjp
I would love to carry OWB as it is much more comfortable. But I don't even own an OWB holster. Maybe in the winter when I have a jacket on. But in the summer, I don't want to attract attention by having a gun on my hip. Maybe if I lived in the country, but most people where I live would freak if they saw a gun.
I live in Chicago, one of the most anti-gun cities in the US and carry OWB without any issue. Most people are just too in their own world to notice. Depending on my attire, I'll carry a Kahr PM9 or a Sig M11A1 and sometimes even my P226.

You just have to be really careful bending over or reaching for something. Now I know how chicks in mini-skirts feel. LOL
Old 05-31-19, 10:39 AM
RichardB23
Pole Position

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

My carry depends on my weight lol i fluctuate alot and when i do gain wait it seems to only go to my gut. I always carry AIWB and so as of right now i cant carry the glock 19 comfortabley while sitting down (walking around is not an issue) but my XD Mod 2 subcompact isnt bad i just wish it was a tad lighter but i think i'll probably will look into a glock 43 or a HK VP9 SK. When in the car the glock stay in the door but thinking about doing a magnet of sort for inside the center console that way i have quick access to it. I like to be prepared so in my car is also a big med kit and a go bag which consist of essential meds i.e. advil/mucinex/zyrtec-D/albuterol inhaler. along with a mini first aid kit and spare clothes for the kiddo.
Old 05-31-19, 05:03 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,587 Posts

On a slightly different subject, but still pertaining to self defense:

Beginning in September, you'll be able to carry brass knuckles to defend yourself if you get into a sticky situation in the Lone Star State. Knuckles are a 'legitimate self-defense tool'.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed HB 446 into law last Saturday, after it carried unanimously in both the Texas state House of Representatives and the state Senate.

The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
Boomin (06-05-19), RichardB23 (06-05-19)
Old 06-05-19, 02:34 AM
shrinkwrap
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

God Bless Texas! So different than where I am a subject, in the People's Republic of Maryland.

Originally Posted by bclexus

Beginning in September, you'll be able to carry brass knuckles to defend yourself if you get into a sticky situation in the Lone Star State. Knuckles are a 'legitimate self-defense tool'.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed HB 446 into law last Saturday, after it carried unanimously in both the Texas state House of Representatives and the state Senate.

Old 06-05-19, 07:32 AM
RichardB23
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus

I carry a pocket knife everywhere and to me brass knuckles are more of a novelty item but i approve of this as it is a step towards more options of self defense for people. just noticed you're in Dallas, Arlington here
Old 06-05-19, 02:00 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 415 Likes on 252 Posts

I'm pocket knife, fixed blade at 10 o'clock, full size iwb at 1 and extra mag at 9 o'clock. I'm almost 6'4 with a gut and ready.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsE...rvF2ImeNWh84mw

"Oh oh let me go get my gun in my hiding spot"
Smh y'all are crazy...
RichardB23 (06-05-19)
Old 06-05-19, 03:41 PM
RichardB23
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Boomin
I'm pocket knife, fixed blade at 10 o'clock, full size iwb at 1 and extra mag at 9 o'clock. I'm almost 6'4 with a gut and ready.

Smh y'all are crazy...
lol thats why i dont have a hiding spot but rather a quick reach spot.
Old 06-05-19, 08:23 PM
Dom87SS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Boomin

Smh y'all are crazy...
its not hiding if its on you. I also carry a Kershaw Blur daily.
Old 06-06-19, 05:08 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

Jeepers you carry guns in your cars? If I did I'd be serving 7 life sentences from this week alone!
Actual question, do you have one in the chamber when it's mounted in the car?
Old 06-06-19, 05:15 AM
Dom87SS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cwang
Jeepers you carry guns in your cars? If I did I'd be serving 7 life sentences from this week alone!
Actual question, do you have one in the chamber when it's mounted in the car?
7+1, no safety
praetor (06-06-19)

Quick Reply: For guys and gals who carry.