GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Anyone work at Lexus ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-12, 06:20 PM
Got PSI
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone work at Lexus ?

Can someone help me out ? I need to know if a vehicle was allocated to my local dealer. I have all the vehicle info if someone wouldn't mind looking it up for me.

Thanks
Old 04-09-12, 06:25 PM
SpEe1113
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through this process about 4 weeks ago, they should be able to tell you at the dealership if you put your name on a list with a deposit. Have you placed a deposit?
Old 04-09-12, 06:40 PM
Got PSI
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well thats the thing.... I was working with a local dealer and they sent me all the info on the car (car is currently in route on the vessel). We could not come to an agreement so I went to another dealer and provided them with the information of the car in route. They told me that they were able to pull the car to them and it is currently in route (I tracked the vessel and it is currently in route to Jacksonville, FL). I was told that the sales manager would call me for me to come in and work out the numbers. I've been waiting since last Thursday and no call. I called today and was told not to worry, that the car is in route and that we would work the numbers some time today. Well it's now 9:38pm and nothing. I just want to make sure that they really did pull the car to them like they said.

No deposit was given. I offered to come in and leave a deposit but I was told that I didnt need to.

I just got my wife a GX460 a few weeks ago and it was the same deal. No deposit was given and the car was pulled to their inventory from the factory.

Maybe im just being paranoid.
Old 04-09-12, 07:20 PM
SpEe1113
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got PSI
Well thats the thing.... I was working with a local dealer and they sent me all the info on the car (car is currently in route on the vessel). We could not come to an agreement so I went to another dealer and provided them with the information of the car in route. They told me that they were able to pull the car to them and it is currently in route (I tracked the vessel and it is currently in route to Jacksonville, FL). I was told that the sales manager would call me for me to come in and work out the numbers. I've been waiting since last Thursday and no call. I called today and was told not to worry, that the car is in route and that we would work the numbers some time today. Well it's now 9:38pm and nothing. I just want to make sure that they really did pull the car to them like they said.

No deposit was given. I offered to come in and leave a deposit but I was told that I didnt need to.

I just got my wife a GX460 a few weeks ago and it was the same deal. No deposit was given and the car was pulled to their inventory from the factory.

What dealer are you working with? I had a similar (not so great) experience with JM Lexus, ended up going to a different one and got my GS much quicker and the service was much better.
Old 04-09-12, 08:47 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Got PSI

My dealership did the same thing. My sales manager pasted everything from his screen confirming the transfer!