GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

All I can say is... wow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 07:35 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default All I can say is... wow!

I really did some driving today in my GS350 loaner car, taking curves I would usually take in my S5 Cab and accelerating hard onto the freeway. It is hard to beat RWD. Even with Audi's AWD and Sport Differential, the GS just feels more natural in the corners and it can really dance. For those who have said it is underpowered, once you rev the engine it will go. The Audi was just a couple of ticks faster 0-60, but the GS has all the power I will ever need. Their was no "wah, wah, wah" sound when I stepped into it.

It is quieter than I'm used to, but I rev the engine every now and then just so I can hear the sound. I thought I would miss my Audi Cab today since the weather is beautiful and 75 degrees, but I opened the big sunroof and let the sun shine in and that feeling quicky passed.

I love this car. After a couple of days with the GS, I see what all the buzz is about. Lexus really nailed it with this one. A car that will offer a fun but comfortable drive and will last until the wheels fall off. No brainer! Now, I just can't wait until my F Sport arrives because I know it will be even more of a blast to drive. Counting the days!

Last edited by dseag2; 04-16-12 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-16-12, 09:47 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I really did some driving today in my GS350 loaner car, taking curves I would usually take in my S5 Cab and accelerating hard onto the freeway. It is hard to beat RWD. Even with Audi's AWD and Sport Differential, the GS just feels more natural in the corners and it can really dance. For those who have said it is underpowered, once you rev the engine it will go. The Audi was just a couple of ticks faster 0-60, but the GS has all the power I will ever need. Their was no "wah, wah, wah" sound when I stepped into it.

It is quieter than I'm used to, but I rev the engine every now and then just so I can hear the sound. I thought I would miss my Audi Cab today since the weather is beautiful and 75 degrees, but I opened the big sunroof and let the sun shine in and that feeling quicky passed.

I love this car. After a couple of days with the GS, I see what all the buzz is about. Lexus really nailed it with this one. A car that will offer a fun but comfortable drive and will last until the wheels fall off. No brainer! Now, I just can't wait until my F Sport arrives because I know it will be even more of a blast to drive. Counting the days!
drive the hell out of it. you're going to have even more fun in your F-Sport.
Old 04-17-12, 04:51 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Having the GS makes days like today, when I drove my Prius, that much harder to bear.
Old 04-17-12, 05:32 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice....if you are already having fun then Lord knows what gonna happen when the F-Sport comes....you might move in...lol
Old 04-17-12, 08:35 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The whole concept of an AWD vert seems very strange to me. Then again, I live in Michigan and to us, AWD = winter driving.
Old 04-17-12, 08:46 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad to hear your comments on the GS. I bet you cant wait to get your F sport!
Old 04-17-12, 04:56 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yupp you are right this car is very fun to drive, at first i was really bum out with the horse power out put but after driving it for a while it is plenty fast for me. Just need couple bolt ons to solve that and hopefully they have a super charger that will be just perfect.
Old 04-17-12, 05:14 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

was it base or luxury GS?
Old 04-17-12, 07:19 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
was it base or luxury GS?
It's Base but it's still fun and suprisingly well-equipped.
Old 04-17-12, 07:23 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caddyowner
The whole concept of an AWD vert seems very strange to me. Then again, I live in Michigan and to us, AWD = winter driving.
\\

AWD didn't seem so bad during last year's snowstorm when it took 6 tries to drive the G37 up the driveway and into the garage. Anyway, Audi is basically a FWD platform, so they use AWD and Sport Differential to vector torque to the rear wheels. Overall, it works and it makes getting up to speed really easy (no tire burnouts), but it does add weight to the car. I think it tips the scales at over 4,000 pounds, which also adds to the argument for the soft top.
Old 04-18-12, 05:41 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 4th generation GS is a quantum leap over its predecessor IMO. A neighbor owns one and I see her driving it almost every day. Her's is black and, because of the colour, you don't really see the lines of the car that well. Yesterday while driving home from work I noticed a kind of "liquid gray" coloured GS drive past me in the opposite direction and I must say that the car looked vicious...and particularly good from the rear, which was a bit surprising since the rear of the new GS can appear rather ho-hum in some pictures. Noticeable (and all good) differences, to me, from the 3rd generation GS are the more muscular build, high roof-line, and the good-looking flanks. By the way, and in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm one of those Lexus owners who also is a fan of BMWs. I think the 4th generation GS, as a make-no-mistake-about-it executive performance sedan, was much needed from Lexus.

Last edited by LeslieRC; 04-18-12 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-18-12, 10:27 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 156 Likes on 116 Posts

It's Base but it's still fun and suprisingly well-equipped.
great, so thats without AVS too.... You will have fun with your F-Sport!