Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E 350

2010 E 350 Coupe.So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-img_0678.jpg
Old 04-20-12, 09:51 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Dharp65: What do you think of the E350 Coupe vs 2013 GS350? Those were the two cars I had it narrowed it down to - and chose the GS350 because of size, reliability, and also price. I have a child and hoping for another, and want to keep the car for 7+ years. But the styling of the E350 Coupe almost got me.

I'm curious in terms of drivability.
Old 04-20-12, 10:16 AM
Dharp65
Rookie

Hard to say right now, I don't have a lot of seat time in the GS. My wife drives the GS and I drive a turbocharged 350z most of the time. I will say this, when I'm ready to get rid of the Z, I will probably pick up the E 550 coupe. I know this isn't much help. Lol
Old 04-20-12, 11:45 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Dharp65
Hard to say right now, I don't have a lot of seat time in the GS. My wife drives the GS and I drive a turbocharged 350z most of the time. I will say this, when I'm ready to get rid of the Z, I will probably pick up the E 550 coupe. I know this isn't much help. Lol
That's fine, I know the E-Coupe is a great car. And I don't regret getting the GS350 - but I was wondering in terms of day to day driveability. Handling, comfort, pick-up, etc. Drop me a PM when you get more seat time in your wife's car.

Maybe I'll buy my wife an E-Coupe?

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 04-21-12, 07:17 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

I traded my 2012 Acura TL w/ Tech in for the new 2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport. White / Cabernet

Reasons for change...

The Acura made too many plastic on plastic cabin noises.
It was FWD and I felt like going back to RWD.
My wife hated the Acura but really likes the GS (happy wife happy life).
It looks AMAZING compared to the Acura.
The dealer was great and the Conquest promotion was a nice bonus.
Old 04-21-12, 09:36 AM
twx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
I traded my 2012 Acura TL w/ Tech in for the new 2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport. White / Cabernet

Reasons for change...

The Acura made too many plastic on plastic cabin noises.
It was FWD and I felt like going back to RWD.
My wife hated the Acura but really likes the GS (happy wife happy life).
It looks AMAZING compared to the Acura.
The dealer was great and the Conquest promotion was a nice bonus.
Acura's plastic annoys me so much.

FWD vs RWD, RWD feels way smoother, way classier, and more fun to drive, but it is worse in the rain, i think.

Acura's new designs are pretty fail, especially with the 4th gen TL. just...EW. ZDX is gross too. The 2013 RDX I'm pretty neutral, but Acura really needs to get rid of those hideous grills. That look so wrong.

With that said, GRATS ON YOUR NEW GS!!!!
Old 04-21-12, 08:30 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Mercedes, BMW, Audi...

Looks like there were lots of happy recipients of Conquest rebates from Lexus.
Old 04-22-12, 06:19 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by twx

FWD vs RWD, RWD feels way smoother, way classier, and more fun to drive, but it is worse in the rain, i think.

Acura's new designs are pretty fail, especially with the 4th gen TL. just...EW. ZDX is gross too. The 2013 RDX I'm pretty neutral, but Acura really needs to get rid of those hideous grills. That look so wrong.

Acura did significant toning down of the grill for 2012. Maybe Lexus will get the same message and tone down the new GS350 grill in a couple of years also.
Old 04-22-12, 06:43 PM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by twx

I agree with everything you said.

The new RDX is nice, I test drove one but... Its actually just a dressed up Honda CRV (for 38k+) and has less things than before. For instance, the hood on the previous model had hood struts, the new one has a hood stick to hold the hood up. To me Acura as a brand is about compromise to meet a price point. Software is cheaper than hardware so they jack it up with tech features and cheap out on everything else. But thats Acura and we are on a Lexus forum.

With that said, my first impression of Lexus is attention to detail and quality with a solid foundation to put it all on and in. I think as a company they are confident that there are enough people willing to pay for the whole package. (BMW is arrogant and knows there are enough people willing to pay for a name and some hype) I had a BMW in the past and hated the entire experience from dealer, to service to corporate when I had a complaint Loved the car tho but it was no where near as well built as this new GS.
Old 04-22-12, 06:46 PM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Acura did significant toning down of the grill for 2012. Maybe Lexus will get the same message and tone down the new GS350 grill in a couple of years also.

HAHA it was the new GS grill that sold me on the car and btw, have you seen the future LF-LC? I wish I could have that grill!

Old 04-22-12, 07:49 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Why? The GS is selling past expectations, the grill has people talking but it isn't universally ugly. In contrast the TL sold 50-60% less than expected and has been called one of the 10 ugliest cars and outside of owners, no one likes the design. It is the bold new face of Lexus and people love it. There is substance behind the new grill.

They are not close to being in the same boat. Overall past the GS face its a much classier and much more luxurious looking vehicle. The TL is just awful. Acura slapped beaks on cars and thinks that would upgrade the brand. They are utterly clueless.
Old 04-22-12, 07:59 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Why? The GS is selling past expectations, the grill has people talking but it isn't universally ugly. In contrast the TL sold 50-60% less than expected and has been called one of the 10 ugliest cars and outside of owners, no one likes the design. It is the bold new face of Lexus and people love it. There is substance behind the new grill.

They are not close to being in the same boat. Overall past the GS face its a much classier and much more luxurious looking vehicle. The TL is just awful. Acura slapped beaks on cars and thinks that would upgrade the brand. They are utterly clueless.
Amen, brother. I have grown to love the front end of the GS F Sport.
Old 04-22-12, 08:33 PM
Liferules
Driver

Traded my A6 for this 4GS. I really liked the A6 but feel the GS drives a little better and hopefully is much more reliable!
Attached Thumbnails So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-my-new-car-005.5.jpg  
Old 04-22-12, 08:43 PM
twx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
I agree with everything you said.

The new RDX is nice, I test drove one but... Its actually just a dressed up Honda CRV (for 38k+) and has less things than before. For instance, the hood on the previous model had hood struts, the new one has a hood stick to hold the hood up. To me Acura as a brand is about compromise to meet a price point. Software is cheaper than hardware so they jack it up with tech features and cheap out on everything else. But thats Acura and we are on a Lexus forum.

With that said, my first impression of Lexus is attention to detail and quality with a solid foundation to put it all on and in. I think as a company they are confident that there are enough people willing to pay for the whole package. (BMW is arrogant and knows there are enough people willing to pay for a name and some hype) I had a BMW in the past and hated the entire experience from dealer, to service to corporate when I had a complaint Loved the car tho but it was no where near as well built as this new GS.
Agreed! Speaking in terms of interiors, the new gen Lexus's definitely is at a higher level than Acura's interiors. Acura's whole button and dash layout feels too busy, almost as if I'm piloting an airplane.

Perhaps that's why it's called the Honda Pilot and Odyssey...LOL (if you get my pun )

I really feel Lexus has set a new bar for their own brand and even in the German luxury market. They're definitely giving BMW and Audi a run for their money when it comes to interior layout, feel, and even ambiance. Others may disagree with me, but that is my own opinion.
Old 04-22-12, 08:45 PM
twx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Ya, I wouldn't say I was initially sold on the new 4GS grill when Lexus first revealed and debuted the 2013 GS. In fact, I really thought the car was pretty ugly. But once I saw the car on the road and real owner pictures, I immediately fell in love.

Regardless of that though, Acura's grills...are...just...F NO!!!! Nasty!!! WTF is Acura thinking/doing? LOL

Quick Reply: So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**