Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice prev. rides guys
Old 04-23-12, 08:30 AM
MY13GS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by twx
Agreed! Speaking in terms of interiors, the new gen Lexus's definitely is at a higher level than Acura's interiors. Acura's whole button and dash layout feels too busy, almost as if I'm piloting an airplane.

Perhaps that's why it's called the Honda Pilot and Odyssey...LOL (if you get my pun )

I really feel Lexus has set a new bar for their own brand and even in the German luxury market. They're definitely giving BMW and Audi a run for their money when it comes to interior layout, feel, and even ambiance. Others may disagree with me, but that is my own opinion.

I like the new look of MB but the hood line overhanging the fenders and the steep slope of the hood just didn't do much for me. The worst part, and I know this may seem dumb to most... why do I need a clock in my instrument cluster? Seems like a distraction when I want to know RPM Speed Gas Temps etc. The time can be in a radio, on my phone, in the dash like Lexus did... but the cluster?

I had a 3 Series back in 2000... same kidney grill, some sheet metal changes, still the same car to me 12 years later. Good or bad? I don't know, I wanted different.

The Lexus departed from the old to attract new younger buyers. (look at the Cadillac since the design revolution over there, bold edgy and it worked for them) The GS is a very classy looking car with a luxury look when base spec'd, add the F Sport and the facia totally changes it to a sporty looking car. The 2 lower black inserts remind me of a Mig Fighter. Overall, the parts that make up the GS (inside and out) make me feel less is more. Uncluttered and deliberate.

My wife wasn't as quickly sold on th look as I was but she has now grown to love the car in 1 week and even has said that when I'm ready to trade out she gets it and I can use her car as my trade vehicle lol

In any event, here is a side by side compare of the TL i had and the new GS, sorry the angles are not exact but you can def. see the drastic difference. After taking the time to look at the 2 cars in pictures I "feel" the TL was bloated unnecessarily. It was a fun fast car but compromised, but we shouldn't compare them as if they compete since there is a $15k + difference unless you get a base in which case its closer to a $6K difference.

I do have a small wish list tho... an auto close trunk (didn't the previous gen have it?) Maybe 6 dedicated radio preset buttons along the edge of the CD slot so you don't have to go into radio menu. I guess thats it for now, hard to change perfection lol

Old 04-23-12, 09:07 AM
twx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
I like the new look of MB but the hood line overhanging the fenders and the steep slope of the hood just didn't do much for me. The worst part, and I know this may seem dumb to most... why do I need a clock in my instrument cluster? Seems like a distraction when I want to know RPM Speed Gas Temps etc. The time can be in a radio, on my phone, in the dash like Lexus did... but the cluster?

I had a 3 Series back in 2000... same kidney grill, some sheet metal changes, still the same car to me 12 years later. Good or bad? I don't know, I wanted different.

The Lexus departed from the old to attract new younger buyers. (look at the Cadillac since the design revolution over there, bold edgy and it worked for them) The GS is a very classy looking car with a luxury look when base spec'd, add the F Sport and the facia totally changes it to a sporty looking car. The 2 lower black inserts remind me of a Mig Fighter. Overall, the parts that make up the GS (inside and out) make me feel less is more. Uncluttered and deliberate.

My wife wasn't as quickly sold on th look as I was but she has now grown to love the car in 1 week and even has said that when I'm ready to trade out she gets it and I can use her car as my trade vehicle lol

In any event, here is a side by side compare of the TL i had and the new GS, sorry the angles are not exact but you can def. see the drastic difference. After taking the time to look at the 2 cars in pictures I "feel" the TL was bloated unnecessarily. It was a fun fast car but compromised, but we shouldn't compare them as if they compete since there is a $15k + difference unless you get a base in which case its closer to a $6K difference.

I do have a small wish list tho... an auto close trunk (didn't the previous gen have it?) Maybe 6 dedicated radio preset buttons along the edge of the CD slot so you don't have to go into radio menu. I guess thats it for now, hard to change perfection lol

love your feedback and response, bro! totally agree with everything you said in comparison between the TL and GS, and yea, it is about a $15k price difference! Hah.
Old 04-23-12, 08:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MY13GS350

Damn one of the posts of the year.
Old 05-01-12, 03:19 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My past, present, and future (when my wife decides to give it to me)....
Attached Thumbnails So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-2006gs300.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-01142011sc430.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-img_1372-1-.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-img_1279-1-.jpg  
Old 05-01-12, 05:33 PM
twx
Driver School Candidate

Lol! Nice rides man! Lexus FTW.
Old 05-01-12, 11:12 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
Love the stitching on your TT.
Looks like a baseball glove and, yes, I like it too.
Old 05-02-12, 07:32 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice SC! One of the best i have seen
Old 05-02-12, 08:37 AM
bumski667
Driver School Candidate

Went from an Acura TL-S, to a LS460L, now to the GS fsport.
The new GS reminds me much of the sportiness of my TL, combined with the comfort (almost) of the LS. Perfect combo!
Attached Thumbnails So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-1087_1061254655899_1361922709_183171_5179_n.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-25449571358.320157370.im1.04.565x421_a.565x377.jpg  
Old 05-02-12, 07:53 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bumski667
Went from an Acura TL-S, to a LS460L, now to the GS fsport.
The new GS reminds me much of the sportiness of my TL, combined with the comfort (almost) of the LS. Perfect combo!
Acura TL is a great car (I owned an '04), but that is a huge step up from the TL to the LS. I think you got it right. The new GS has some of the qualities of both. Congrats!
Old 05-03-12, 06:46 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got rid of two for the GS!!!!

Here they are: First my 2002 Lexus SC430, then my 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design.
Attached Thumbnails So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-lexus-cleaned5.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-lexus-cleaned3.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-lexus-cleaned.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-volvo-c305.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-volvo-c306.jpg  

Old 05-04-12, 10:49 AM
ego29iste
Driver School Candidate

Default BMW Convertible - Prior Ride

2011 BMW 335i Convertible fully loaded was my prior ride. I bought it thinking I would keep it for at least 4 years but plans changed. Looking forward to my first Lexus ownership (GS F Sport AWD). Really wanted the ML audio but sadly they appear to be the equivalent of a white unicorn on the east coast. Lexus should arrive by the end of the month or so.
Attached Thumbnails So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-2010-11-06_13-21-02_41.jpg  
Old 05-04-12, 12:44 PM
twx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ego29iste
2011 BMW 335i Convertible fully loaded was my prior ride. I bought it thinking I would keep it for at least 4 years but plans changed. Looking forward to my first Lexus ownership (GS F Sport AWD). Really wanted the ML audio but sadly they appear to be the equivalent of a white unicorn on the east coast. Lexus should arrive by the end of the month or so.
pretty nice bimmer!

did you lease or finance your new GS?
Old 05-04-12, 07:48 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
Here they are: First my 2002 Lexus SC430, then my 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design.
Congratulations, and BTW nice choice of wheels for your SC430. I had the same ones on my '06 SC. Replaced the stock ones.
Old 05-08-12, 12:00 PM
kday
Driver School Candidate

The Gs is definitely an upgrade

Quick Reply: So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**