So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-12, 10:23 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Before: 2011 BMW 535i xdrive

Now: 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport! Best decision ever made!
what made you switch from the white to the NG. i know why you switched cars. it's the colors i'm referring to.
Old 06-09-12, 07:48 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Living in Michigan with the winter and all that made it hard to keep the white color clean. I enjoyed the gray on my older 2006 GS so I went for a sporting color this time around and its easier to keep clean.
Old 06-09-12, 05:57 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like everyone upgraded quite nicely so far!
Old 06-10-12, 07:39 AM
CraigerL4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My GS was my first step into the luxury arena. I loved my Maxima and it served me well. Time to move up however.
Attached Thumbnails So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-maxima-.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-gs350-.jpg  
Old 06-10-12, 09:02 AM
DrKeith
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hold on to my cars for a long time but once I saw and drove the GS I knew it was time.

I moved up from a 1999 beige Infiniti I30.
Old 06-10-12, 05:31 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigerL4
My GS was my first step into the luxury arena. I loved my Maxima and it served me well. Time to move up however.
Congrats. Nice upgrade.
Old 06-10-12, 07:12 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

i see you tinted those windows. and the max didn't have tints. and you washed her. she looks good nice upgrade
Old 06-10-12, 07:56 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't see too many F Sports in black. It's beautiful in that color, and very menacing looking.
Old 06-14-12, 04:26 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Before: 2011 BMW 535i xdrive

Now: 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport! Best decision ever made!
Hey what made you say best decision you ever made? I ask because I too had a Beemer and had MASSIVE buyers remorse after getting the GS350F. It has passed now that I have broken it in and modified it a bit, as seen in the pics below, however, there are some things the Lexus just can't touch!

Just wanted to swap some spit with another former BMW owner!
Attached Thumbnails So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-back-drive-comp.jpg   So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**-5-side-copy.jpg  
Old 06-14-12, 06:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

very nice color choice for the wheels, and the NG. she looks good. seems as though they were color matched.
Old 06-14-12, 07:54 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JOELC
Hey what made you say best decision you ever made? I ask because I too had a Beemer and had MASSIVE buyers remorse after getting the GS350F. It has passed now that I have broken it in and modified it a bit, as seen in the pics below, however, there are some things the Lexus just can't touch!

The new rims are great. The funny thing is, they actually make your GS look more like a previous gen 5Series. Hopefully that is getting you past your buyer's remorse.
Old 06-14-12, 09:24 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Originally Posted by dseag2
The new rims are great. The funny thing is, they actually make your GS look more like a previous gen 5Series. Hopefully that is getting you past your buyer's remorse.
Hey Your right. I feel better already!
Old 06-14-12, 09:38 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by JOELC

Its normal to have buyer's remorse after a new car. I really liked your older 5 as compared to the numb and isolating newer 5 series. The new GS has a better ride and handling combo then the new 5. The new 5 steering isn't very direct like the older 5 or the new GS. The runflats on the 5 drove me nuts and I had to switch them out to decent regular Michelin tires but the car felt funny and didn't feel tight like my 2008 BMW 3 coupe I still have. The ride of the GS is more sportier yet more smoother then the 5 which was confused as to what it was set out to do for the driver. I love my GS350 F Sport and put some very nice Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires on my 19 inch F-Sport rims. I did have 3 defective Michelins which caused body vibration and steering wheel vibrations like you! I had them replaced and re-roadforced balanced to get them below 15 lbs with good success. Just 1 more tire that will be replaced tomorrow but so far its minor and the car is riding and driving very well. I have had defective tires more than few times before even with Michelins so its always good to have rims and tires road forced to the lowest digits. Overrall, I am very happy so far. You will grow to love this car over time.
Old 06-14-12, 11:51 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its normal to have buyer's remorse after a new car. I really liked your older 5 as compared to the numb and isolating newer 5 series. The new GS has a better ride and handling combo then the new 5. The new 5 steering isn't very direct like the older 5 or the new GS. The runflats on the 5 drove me nuts and I had to switch them out to decent regular Michelin tires but the car felt funny and didn't feel tight like my 2008 BMW 3 coupe I still have. The ride of the GS is more sportier yet more smoother then the 5 which was confused as to what it was set out to do for the driver. I love my GS350 F Sport and put some very nice Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires on my 19 inch F-Sport rims. I did have 3 defective Michelins which caused body vibration and steering wheel vibrations like you! I had them replaced and re-roadforced balanced to get them below 15 lbs with good success. Just 1 more tire that will be replaced tomorrow but so far its minor and the car is riding and driving very well. I have had defective tires more than few times before even with Michelins so its always good to have rims and tires road forced to the lowest digits. Overrall, I am very happy so far. You will grow to love this car over time.
I cant wait to get out of my 535i, that thing has been nothing but problems since day one so I'll be so happy when I'm finally in a 4GS.

Old 06-15-12, 06:23 AM
JOELC
Rookie

Thanks Rexus. I never test drove the new models because I just thought they were ugly. I too liked the older style. The only thing I miss so far is the Torque. The HP on both cars is similar, but the Beemer has an equal 300 Foot Pounds of torque, where the GS only has 278 I think.
This makes a big difference to me anyway! Other than that I agree with you that this GS handles exceptionally well, especially with that DRS rear steering feature. It makes you take every on and off ramp at 65 just to feel that whip kick in!

Quick Reply: So, what did you own prior to the 4GS? **pics**