GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Great valet story!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-12, 10:40 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Great valet story!

So, I finally took delivery of my GS F Sport today (pics to come). We went to see a play tonight, and we asked the valet if he could park it in front of the theater. The valet guys wanted to know what model of Lexus it was and said they could park it right in front to "make the parking lot more beautiful". They did... right in front. It was so close that we took the keys so we could make a quick getaway, but before going in one of the valet guys asked if it was okay for him to look around the car and peek inside. They just kept asking what kind of Lexus it was and fawning over the car. Nice!

I have to admit, I am fawning over the car myself. The Liquid Platinum/Cabernet combo is outstanding. The combo at night is especially nice when the light shines on the aluminum trim. I know I am going to love this car!
Old 04-20-12, 10:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats. Its a gorgeous car. Its going to turn some heads
Old 04-20-12, 10:50 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, congratulations on finally picking up your F-Sport!! I am sure that all the waiting has paid off today. Second, I think you are much more brave than I am to let someone else drive your car especially on the first day of delivery. I don't even let my wife drive it yet. Yesterday, we had a rep dinner at Chamerblain's Steak and Chops. The lot was full of spaces for Valet parking only. Instead of letting them valet my car, I drove around the restaurant and parked the car myself. Can't bear the thought of letting those kids drive and park my brand new car just yet. You can call it a sickness I guess.
Old 04-20-12, 11:13 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
First off, congratulations on finally picking up your F-Sport!! I am sure that all the waiting has paid off today. Second, I think you are much more brave than I am to let someone else drive your car especially on the first day of delivery. I don't even let my wife drive it yet. Yesterday, we had a rep dinner at Chamerblain's Steak and Chops. The lot was full of spaces for Valet parking only. Instead of letting them valet my car, I drove around the restaurant and parked the car myself. Can't bear the thought of letting those kids drive and park my brand new car just yet. You can call it a sickness I guess.
Thanks for the congrats! Yes, it has been a long wait but well worth it.

We always valet park at Music Hall at Fair Park. We always convince them to park our cars right up front so we can make a quick exit after the show. They always give the keys back to us anyway since they park so close.
Old 04-21-12, 05:17 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 88 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
So, I finally took delivery of my GS F Sport today (pics to come). We went to see a play tonight, and we asked the valet if he could park it in front of the theater. The valet guys wanted to know what model of Lexus it was and said they could park it right in front to "make the parking lot more beautiful". They did... right in front. It was so close that we took the keys so we could make a quick getaway, but before going in one of the valet guys asked if it was okay for him to look around the car and peek inside. They just kept asking what kind of Lexus it was and fawning over the car. Nice!

I have to admit, I am fawning over the car myself. The Liquid Platinum/Cabernet combo is outstanding. The combo at night is especially nice when the light shines on the aluminum trim. I know I am going to love this car!
You finally got it! Congrats!
Old 04-21-12, 06:58 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on getting your car. As for valets, well, at the dives I tend to frequent they are called carjackers.
Old 04-21-12, 07:03 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of valet services and since you are local here in Dallas. We get free complimentary valet at any Texas Rangers or Dallas Stars game since Lexus is an offical sponser of both teams. Not sure if I will be using this service any time soon but let me know of your experience if you do.
Old 04-21-12, 07:53 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

congratz! your baby has arrived. never seen LP/C. post pics when you can i would like to see the combo.
Old 04-21-12, 09:49 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

4GS really is a head turner
Old 04-21-12, 10:31 AM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new ride but never would i let anyone but me or my wife park or let alone anywhere near my rides as I've been down that road before and have had things rummaged through and scratches miraculously appear and they claim they are not responsible. So please use caution
Old 04-21-12, 08:13 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
congratz! your baby has arrived. never seen LP/C. post pics when you can i would like to see the combo.
Here she is in case you didn't see the other thread. The Liquid Platinum and Cabernet really work well together...
Attached Thumbnails Great valet story!-gs350-1.jpg   Great valet story!-gs350-203.jpg  
Old 04-22-12, 08:43 PM
LexFather

Sweet story. As a long time Lexus owner I was slightly opposed to the new look but it really seems to attract mostly the right attention. People mostly seem to love it and young people like it a lot.

Valet respect ftw
Old 04-22-12, 09:05 PM
jedimaster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here she is in case you didn't see the other thread. The Liquid Platinum and Cabernet really work well together...
Why are you covering the expresso trim below the air vent? What's that all about?
Old 04-23-12, 09:34 AM
LP07GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
Speaking of valet services and since you are local here in Dallas. We get free complimentary valet at any Texas Rangers or Dallas Stars game since Lexus is an offical sponser of both teams. Not sure if I will be using this service any time soon but let me know of your experience if you do.
I love this service at Rangers games! Its so convenient and makes it easy to get in and leave after games. I didnt know Lexus sponsered the Dallas Stars. I wish I had known that when I went a couple months ago