GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Performance Event Coupon

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-12, 08:26 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Performance Event Coupon

Can anyone chime in on how soon after attending the GS Performance drive does one get the coupon? Is it mailed in? Can it be passed on to a family member? I'm in Chicago and our event is next Saturday....hoping to get an Fsport by months end.
Old 05-03-12, 09:42 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

i bet if you call your local dealer and ask, they can squirrel you in; in exchange for your lead information
Old 05-03-12, 09:55 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by raytseng
i bet if you call your local dealer and ask, they can squirrel you in; in exchange for your lead information
I'm scheduled for the date only it's a Saturday and I have to miss work. If I wont get the coupon by months ends it will be useless to me and I'm out $$$ from work.
Old 05-03-12, 11:25 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by gs2isf
I'm scheduled for the date only it's a Saturday and I have to miss work. If I wont get the coupon by months ends it will be useless to me and I'm out $$$ from work.
Just ask nicely when you check-in. I had my coupon custom made at the event and picked up my car a couple hours after the event! ...at invoice less the $1000 coupon!
Old 05-04-12, 01:03 AM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine a few days after by email.
Old 05-04-12, 05:09 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Can anyone chime in on how soon after attending the GS Performance drive does one get the coupon? Is it mailed in? Can it be passed on to a family member? I'm in Chicago and our event is next Saturday....hoping to get an Fsport by months end.
Are/is/has there been an event in the North East?
Old 05-04-12, 05:30 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by faifai83
Just ask nicely when you check-in. I had my coupon custom made at the event and picked up my car a couple hours after the event! ...at invoice less the $1000 coupon!
Sweet man.....thanks! I can be pretty nice sometimes......sometimes though lol
Old 05-04-12, 06:26 AM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
Are/is/has there been an event in the North East?
They had one in the NY Metro area a few weeks ago.
Old 05-04-12, 06:53 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zoombie99
They had one in the NY Metro area a few weeks ago.
CRAP!!!! Missed it!
Old 05-04-12, 08:11 AM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
CRAP!!!! Missed it!
fly out to Chicago!
Old 05-05-12, 05:19 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got mine on the Tuesday after the event (which was on Saturday). So it should no more than a few days.

Originally Posted by raytseng
Don't do this. This certificate tells you to work out your best deal, then as the dealer is writing up your paper work, mention this. This way you can assure yourself you got your best deal + an additional $1000 off. It's worth waiting until the end for.

Originally Posted by faifai83
This is a great idea. Never knew it was an option

Originally Posted by zoombie99
fly out to Chicago!
if you actually planned on getting the car, this would make sense. Fly out to Chicago, rent a car, go to the event and fly back to Vermont the same day. Even if that cost $500, you would still save $500. Totally worth the trouble if you really wanted that credit

Last edited by varcity64; 05-05-12 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-05-12, 08:49 AM
Liferules
Driver

I'm still angry as I was told by my dealership that the conquest rebate and the drive event coupons were mutually exclusive and could not be combined. As a result, I didn't press to go to the drive event.
Old 05-07-12, 04:03 PM
Howiiieee
Rookie

Originally Posted by Liferules
I'm still angry as I was told by my dealership that the conquest rebate and the drive event coupons were mutually exclusive and could not be combined. As a result, I didn't press to go to the drive event.
Yes and No.

The official stand is that the rebates are mutually exclusive. However, Lexus of Riverside (So Cal) sales manager called Lexus HQ for me and waived the exclusivity. I used both conquest and the drive event rebates as part of my down payment. They even honored another $500 rebate for me for attending the GS kick-off event at there dealership (which is how I found out about them in the first place).

The bottom line, it can be done. Just find a dealer that is willing to do it for you. If there is only one dealer near you, just ask nicely and tell them it can be done.
Old 05-08-12, 08:56 AM
friscolaw
Driver School Candidate

They told me a week, but mine never arrived. I think it was because I got there early and went with the earlier group instead of my assigned time.

Anyway, I called the phone number at the bottom of my original email. They looked into it and emailed it to me within a few days.
Old 05-08-12, 10:32 AM
Liferules
Driver

Originally Posted by Howiiieee
Yes and No.

The official stand is that the rebates are mutually exclusive. However, Lexus of Riverside (So Cal) sales manager called Lexus HQ for me and waived the exclusivity. I used both conquest and the drive event rebates as part of my down payment. They even honored another $500 rebate for me for attending the GS kick-off event at there dealership (which is how I found out about them in the first place).

The bottom line, it can be done. Just find a dealer that is willing to do it for you. If there is only one dealer near you, just ask nicely and tell them it can be done.
Here's the reply I received when pressing the issue to Lexus Corporate Headquarters:

Now, it seems it may vary by geographic location but I'm guessing they're just hedging in case a dealership is pushing back on customers...
Attached Thumbnails Performance Event Coupon-5-8-2012-12-33-28-pm.jpg  

Last edited by Liferules; 05-08-12 at 10:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Performance Event Coupon