GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Torn on color between Liquid Platinum & Nebula Gray

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-12 | 07:15 PM
Boostd
Driver

Nebula Gray is sweet.... Looks amazing in the sunshine!
Old 05-08-12 | 07:17 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

dont get the NG, bcuz thats that i want
Old 05-08-12 | 07:24 PM
jedimaster
Driver

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Consider this factor, do you want to drive a silver car that shares it's color with 80% of cars on the road, or Nebula Grey. It's your choice. I love silver but in this case would go with NG.
Except that LP isn't a typical silver. When I was inspecting colors, there was a silver RX parked next to the LP 4GS. I can clearly see how LP highlights the contours of the body and it simply pops unlike the RX silver. NG looks more like dirty gray when I saw the car in person.

Before seeing the cars in person:

NG
SP
LP

After seeing the cars in person:

LP
SP
NG

I would suggest people to spend some time looking at the colors with/out sun from various angles. As for maintenance, I would challenge people to find swirls on my LP 4GS under sun as well as flourasent light.
Old 05-08-12 | 07:34 PM
jedimaster
Driver

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
I have had mostly white cars, 2 black cars and one charcoal grey. I have come to realize I like white the best, Charcoal was second favorite. It was amazing how the charcoal grey never looked dirty, white cleans up easiest and as many know black is a love hate when it comes to cleaning.

If I had to pick a grey in the GS, having no other choices, I would pick the grey that matches the rims of the F Sport so I guess thats the Nebula?

Don't ever make a decision based on photoshopped as this. NG doesn't look like this in person!
Old 05-08-12 | 07:47 PM
natnut
Pole Position

RED. It looks sick with the gunmetal rims.

Last edited by natnut; 05-09-12 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-08-12 | 07:52 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nantang
First, remind yourself that you can't really lose, and there are really no bad colors. Maybe I'm the odd one out favoring the silver. Lexus tends to use low key colors, but they look better on Lexus than other cars. Look at Lexus white and compare it to other whites, and there's a certain elegant sheen. I haven't yet seen a silver GS in person, but I suspect the trend will continue. That said, my test drive was a gray one, and it looked sharp. You could roll dice and get a good color; my focus tends to be more getting the feature set. If you're accustomed to Mark Levinson audio, you may want to splurge for it again, or at least test the regular audio at a dealership, with a CD as well as various quality mp3 sources. (I thought about a CD with everything from an iTunes copy of the Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds", to an artist-sanctioned bootleg of Abney Park's acoustic set at Dragon*Con, recorded analog off YouTube.)
True on the colors. I'm going to the dealer to listen to the stock system vs. the ML this week.
Originally Posted by Boostd
Nebula Gray is sweet.... Looks amazing in the sunshine!
I haven't seen it in the sun, just under cloudy skies.
Originally Posted by RastaRacer
dont get the NG, bcuz thats that i want
I'll only fly down to Ft. Myers when I visit the in-laws so there isn't another GS in FL.
Old 05-08-12 | 07:54 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

liquid platinum is a fantastic silver paint but it is still silver and silver is very common. Id go for the nebula, especially on an f sport
Old 05-08-12 | 07:55 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by natnut
RED. It looks sick with the gunmnetal rims.
When I first went to look that's what they had on the floor. Very sharp.
Old 05-08-12 | 08:15 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

I have Liquid Platinum and love it because it really isn't a common silver and highlights the contours of the car. I also love it with the Cabernet interior. Take a look at the following for a good video of the F Sport in LP...

However, I would have been just as happy with Nebula Gray. I had a GS loaner car in that color and it is really nice.

I don't personally like most white cars, but Starfire Pearl is also very sharp.

Hard to go wrong with any of those colors.
Old 05-08-12 | 08:25 PM
LexFather

I like the Nebula Gray....it looks stunning in overcast.....
Old 05-08-12 | 09:21 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by natnut
RED. It looks sick with the gunmnetal rims.
I love my red on red 4GS F-Sport! That being said, I didn't even have the red in my top colors (in order it was SP, Blue, Obsidian, and NG). Then I saw it on the showroom floor and bought it an hour later.

The red is great. That being said, I think you need the F-Sport for it to really pop. And you need to keep it clean, sealed, and detailed. Otherwise it might blend in with the other red metallics on the road.

My only regret is that it shows more swirls than I expected - my white IS300 was much easier to maintain.
Old 05-09-12 | 07:12 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yell01
Funny you mention that. I was just noticing how many silver cars there are on the road driving home from work today, like you said, seems like 80%.
There's a good reason for that. Silver is the most popular choice in a luxury sedan and will be the easiest to sell when the time comes. Nebula Gray is very nice but my vote goes to Liquid Platinum. Silver is the best when it comes to not showing dirt, dust, or rain spots on a car.
Old 05-09-12 | 11:02 AM
jedimaster
Driver

Originally Posted by rjm
There's a good reason for that. Silver is the most popular choice in a luxury sedan and will be the easiest to sell when the time comes. Nebula Gray is very nice but my vote goes to Liquid Platinum. Silver is the best when it comes to not showing dirt, dust, or rain spots on a car.
True. When I traded my 3GS, my sales guy said that dealers are willing to pay more for white, black and silver due to popularity.
Old 05-09-12 | 04:11 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rjm
I just got home from the dealer. I went to listen to the standard stereo vs. ML. The car that had ML was a NG premium and the car with the standard stereo was a LP F-Sport. I'm just not feeling the love for NG. Maybe because it's not an F-Sport. I kept staring at the LP F and it really popped.
Old 05-09-12 | 06:24 PM
steilkurve
Rookie

I got my 2013 GS a week ago and it's nebula grey. I'm really happy with my choice. Haven't washed it yet and we've had quite a bit of rain since and it looks pretty good still. Interior is tan. Great combination.

Quick Reply: Torn on color between Liquid Platinum & Nebula Gray