Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats!
Old 05-12-12, 06:05 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealers?

So I get there and get ready to sign on the deal when out of no where the agreed upon price has gone up $800. I refused to pay and they refused to go back to our agreed upon price, so I walked. I have another deal in NJ where that agreed with my price, (In writing this time), and I'm hoping I can pick it up on the 18th, but if not the 26th for sure.

I will keep you posted.

What a PITA!!!!!
Old 05-12-12, 06:56 AM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
So I get there and get ready to sign on the deal when out of no where the agreed upon price has gone up $800. I refused to pay and they refused to go back to our agreed upon price, so I walked. I have another deal in NJ where that agreed with my price, (In writing this time), and I'm hoping I can pick it up on the 18th, but if not the 26th for sure.

I will keep you posted.

What a PITA!!!!!

You have to be sh#*ting us, I can't believe what you have been through!
Old 05-12-12, 07:58 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I will keep you posted.

What a PITA!!!!!
Post the dealer and salesperson you were dealing with. Knowing which dealers and staff to avoid may help other buyers and forum members.
Old 05-12-12, 05:16 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear it. When my GS was likely to be pushed into April, the dealer committed to original pricing if it would have gone up. They located a car before the end of March.
Old 05-13-12, 08:43 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zoombie99
You have to be sh#*ting us, I can't believe what you have been through!
Yeah, this is turned into a real nightmare of an ordeal which should be pretty easy. Booked my ticket to fly "one way" to NJ on Monday the 21st. I have it in writing this time, so shouldn't run into any issues. I will finance with LFS to get the conquest rebate and the refinance with another institution at a much lower rate to save on both ends. As far as having to wait 90 days before refinance one of my institutions who refinances a ton of LFS loans said hes never seen a penalty for early pay off. He said it sounds like a gimmick to him. The dealer can tell you whatever they want. He said after I receive the paperwork in the mail fromLFS to call them and ask them directly if I have a penalty for early payoff. He said most likely not and then I can refinance before I have to make my first payment. Will kee you all posted!
Old 05-13-12, 08:44 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twylie
Post the dealer and salesperson you were dealing with. Knowing which dealers and staff to avoid may help other buyers and forum members.
The dealer is Ira Lexus of Manchester NH. The sales person was Robb Schwarts.
Old 05-13-12, 10:26 AM
zoombie99
Pole Position

The dealer is Ira Lexus of Manchester NH. The sales person was Robb Schwarts.
You should call Lexus about them.
Old 05-13-12, 07:37 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zoombie99
You should call Lexus about them.
Absolutely. If they get a negative report Lexus will punish them by holding cars back from them and that hits their bottom line. They'll learn that it would've been better to give you the original deal for $800 less than to lose multiple cars to sell.
Old 05-13-12, 09:18 PM
flyfl1pguy

^ agree.Give lexus corporate a call
Old 05-14-12, 06:14 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, this is turned into a real nightmare of an ordeal which should be pretty easy. Booked my ticket to fly "one way" to NJ on Monday the 21st. I have it in writing this time, so shouldn't run into any issues. I will finance with LFS to get the conquest rebate and the refinance with another institution at a much lower rate to save on both ends. As far as having to wait 90 days before refinance one of my institutions who refinances a ton of LFS loans said hes never seen a penalty for early pay off. He said it sounds like a gimmick to him. The dealer can tell you whatever they want. He said after I receive the paperwork in the mail fromLFS to call them and ask them directly if I have a penalty for early payoff. He said most likely not and then I can refinance before I have to make my first payment. Will kee you all posted!
Lexus dealers get a bonus (kickback?) of about $300 for every car financed with LFS. If the loan is paid off within 90 days, the dealer has to return that bonus. There is no penalty to the buyer.
Old 05-14-12, 06:55 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Call corp ASAP they will handle the dealer accordingly....
Old 05-14-12, 08:28 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,424 Likes on 1,588 Posts

I will keep you posted.

What a PITA!!!!!
well i applaud you for walking away. shame on the dealer!
Old 05-14-12, 08:27 PM
zoombie99
Pole Position

I don't know how to tell you this, but NJ is closed next Monday. Our governor is going to start a diet on that day and everyone is going to hide in their homes since they don't want to be eaten.

Quick Reply: Finaly!!!!