GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Wow... loaded GS F Sport already for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 03:42 PM
alex206
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4704ME
Two months ago I parted ways with a GS F Sport after three weeks of ownership and it is still up for sale (link below)! What's truly ridiculous is the asking price vice what they paid to buy it back from me. My guess is that the 4G would probably have sold by now IF the dealership was focused more on making a sale rather than being greedy on the price! LOOK AT THE MILEAGE......THIS THING IS BRAND DAMN NEW!

Lexus of Tacoma
May I ask why you parted ways with the car? I got mines 2 months ago at Lexus of Bellevue and other than the buying experience, I love it compared to my 2007 5 series.
Old 05-30-12, 03:44 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid 55 for mine brand new...

dumb dealers.
Old 05-30-12, 03:47 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Two months ago I parted ways with a GS F Sport after three weeks of ownership and it is still up for sale (link below)! What's truly ridiculous is the asking price vice what they paid to buy it back from me. My guess is that the 4G would probably have sold by now IF the dealership was focused more on making a sale rather than being greedy on the price! LOOK AT THE MILEAGE......THIS THING IS BRAND DAMN NEW!

Lexus of Tacoma
Hrm, according to the CarFax report, the car was leased for 7 days and driven 300 miles...so did your financing fall through?
Old 05-30-12, 04:17 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by faifai83
Hrm, according to the CarFax report, the car was leased for 7 days and driven 300 miles...so did your financing fall through?
Hardly! However, I don't want to hijack this thread by rehashing what has already been discussed two months ago. If you are interested, feel free to click on the links below and read for yourself. Not being a smart @ss but simply trying to respect the thread.

Purchase

Sell

Last edited by GX4704ME; 05-30-12 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-30-12, 04:19 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

That is proof positive that Carfax reports can't always be trusted. I had the car for nearly 1 month. 7 days is a gross misrepresentation.
Old 05-30-12, 04:23 PM
faifai83
Instructor

That is proof positive that Carfax reports can't always be trusted. I had the car for nearly 1 month. 7 days is a gross misrepresentation.
How much was your lease termination fee?
Old 05-30-12, 04:26 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

How much was your lease termination fee?
At signing they quoted $350 but ended up eating the cost when i sold it back to them. All I know is that i didn't pay the lease termination fee when i sold it back. I think they feared receiving a poor survey report so they were surprisingly accommodating.
Old 05-30-12, 04:30 PM
faifai83
Instructor

At signing they quoted $350 but ended up eating the cost when i sold it back to them. All I know is that i didn't pay the lease termination fee when i sold it back. I think they feared receiving a poor survey report so they were surprisingly accommodating.
Hrm, early termination usually comes at a substantial cost...I'm assuming you lost your down payment, lease acquisition fee etc....
Old 05-30-12, 04:56 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Hrm, early termination usually comes at a substantial cost...I'm assuming you lost your down payment, lease acquisition fee etc....
Oh yeah there was definitely money lost but substantial is relative. Sometimes impulse buys can prove costly.
Old 05-30-12, 06:07 PM
dreamG
Pit Crew

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts

Apparently, there is also a SP/Cabernet F-sport for sale with around 200 miles.

Originally Posted by dseag2
If anyone wants a nice discount on a loaded GS F Sport, there is a SP on Black with Nav and ML at Sewell Lexus in Dallas. I saw it today when I was car window shopping. Signficant discount on a great color combo with only 2,100 miles.

I don't work for the dealership. I just know there have been a lot of forum members waiting for discounts and having trouble getting a GS F Sport with Mark Levinson.

http://www.sewelllexus-dallas.com/Ve...earch=preowned
Old 05-30-12, 08:45 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Lexus of Tacoma
Yes, I remember your thread about not being as excited as you expected, and I respect that. However, if the car is BRAND DAMN NEW why should they lower the price considerably? I'm actually glad they are keeping the prices up on pre-owned GS's because that hopefully won't devalue mine in the long run.
Old 05-30-12, 08:47 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dreamG
Apparently, there is also a SP/Cabernet F-sport for sale with around 200 miles.
That must be the one mentioned earlier in the thread where the owner wanted the pinstripes removed and they messed up the car.
Old 05-30-12, 09:06 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Yes, I remember your thread about not being as excited as you expected, and I respect that. However, if the car is BRAND DAMN NEW why should they lower the price considerably? I'm actually glad they are keeping the prices up on pre-owned GS's because that hopefully won't devalue mine in the long run.
Easy because it is USED regardless of whether it has 2 or 200 miles. I know how much they bought it back for so there IS lots of wiggle room. No one will buy a used car at nearly new price when a NEW 4G is being had for near invoice? Besides, the car has sat on the lot for two months and they have yet to knock one dollar off their original asking price. It should go without saying, you bought a Lexus so your 4G WILL retain its value!

Last edited by GX4704ME; 05-30-12 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-30-12, 09:13 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Easy because it is USED regardless of whether it has 2 or 200 miles. Secondly, I know how much they bought it back for so there IS lots of wiggle room. Thirdly, who is dumb enough to buy a used car at nearly new price when a NEW 4G is being had for near invoice? Fourth and final, the car has sat on the lot for two months and they have yet to knock one dollar off their original asking price. Finally and it should go without saying, dude you bought a Lexus so you can calm down and rest assured that your 4G WILL retain its value! Wheeeeeeeew
Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I was nothing but calm in my response. I only put in caps what you put in caps. If you'll look back on past threads, I was always sympathetic with you for having buyer's remorse. I was also questioning my decision after coming from an Audi, but I've moved past it.

I hear your point. You don't need to lecture.
Old 05-30-12, 09:18 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I was nothing but calm in my response. I only put in caps what you put in caps. If you'll look back on past threads, I was always sympathetic with you for having buyer's remorse. I was also questioning my decision after coming from an Audi, but I've moved past it.

I hear your point. You don't need to lecture.
You are right and my bad....... Post edited.

Quick Reply: Wow... loaded GS F Sport already for sale!