Squirrelsb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. Grats!
Old 07-24-12, 02:31 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

congratz,,, nice pick up and choice of color combo. i am biased as i have the same combo W/ ML, HUD, BSM, DAM, LKA, DRCC, PCS, PA, NAV, RS. the only option i don't have is night vision,,, because i have the PCS. enjoy her ,,, another satisfied owner.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 07-24-12 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-24-12, 02:34 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onexcite
Great combo. Congrat!

The G37S would be faster but 4GS definitely more luxury. I got both. :-P
Right now, I have both cars too. Have a couple of more payments to make to Infiniti. Yes, the G37 is faster but the GS350 is a silky smooth speed, where you don't quite know that you are going that fast. The G37, with the muffler growling, the tires roaring and feeling every bump, you can feel exactly how fast you are going!
Old 07-24-12, 02:35 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Allb18c
Thanks for the info. Last question. Does the remote give you an audible alert that the car is started? Wondering if its 2-way.
it does not have an audible alert that the car is on,,, but your parking lights blink 6 times to let you know the car is on.
Old 07-24-12, 02:47 PM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats. Good luck!
Old 07-24-12, 03:38 PM
Cyclerider
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mixman, it looks great! When I asked about a remote start my dealer, Willis Auto in Des Moines, IA, declined to install one, saying they had never done it and making it sound problematic. They suggested that I get one via my smart phone. I have yet to do so but will look for a solution before winter.
Did your dealer install this? Do you know the range?

I was unable to get my remote to open the windows or roof and found out over the weekend that the dealer has to install an option in order for it to worker along with some other things via a computer download. That seems odd, but I'll have it done at my 6-month service.

So far the car is great! Just disappointed with the way the options worked out. No fog lamps was a surprise, since the non-F Sport had them. Then the issue with remote start.
Old 07-24-12, 04:39 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

congrats on the car! this is very similar to my fsport - mine has ML and is not a awd; has all of the options that yours has too!
Old 07-24-12, 06:22 PM
Allb18c
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cyclerider
Mixman, it looks great! When I asked about a remote start my dealer, Willis Auto in Des Moines, IA, declined to install one, saying they had never done it and making it sound problematic. They suggested that I get one via my smart phone. I have yet to do so but will look for a solution before winter.

I was unable to get my remote to open the windows or roof and found out over the weekend that the dealer has to install an option in order for it to worker along with some other things via a computer download. That seems odd, but I'll have it done at my 6-month service.

So far the car is great! Just disappointed with the way the options worked out. No fog lamps was a surprise, since the non-F Sport had them. Then the issue with remote start.
Was that a Lexus dealership? That's pretty insane that they won't install an OEM part into the car. To add to that you need a Techstream notebook that only a Lexus dealer has in order to enable remote start on the car. Is there another Lexus dealership in your area that you could see if they can do it?
Old 07-24-12, 06:40 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cyclerider

the dealer might be trying to get more bread out of your pocket by offering you an after-market RS,,, which i like better than the OEM. range is better, your windows are programmed / down option. the OEM RS is port installed, and the range is not that good and the dealer has to program the down option.
Old 07-24-12, 07:37 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
congratz,,, nice pick up and choice of color combo. i am biased as i have the same combo W/ ML, HUD, BSM, DAM, LKA, DRCC, PCS, PA, NAV, RS. the only option i don't have is night vision,,, because i have the PCS. enjoy her ,,, another satisfied owner.
Where did you get such a loaded GS? Did you order it?
Old 07-24-12, 08:36 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

We have a G37 Convertible, and granted I know it is heavier than the IPL Coupe due to structural bracing and gives up a few hp, but unless it is an absolutely perfect day outside for top-down driving I would rather drive the GS.
Old 07-25-12, 08:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mixman
Where did you get such a loaded GS? Did you order it?
long story. the GM ordered it for himself in December and received it 6 months later ,,, no customers were supposed to see it let alone buy it,,, i saw it (somebody ******up) and now i have it.
Old 07-25-12, 09:24 PM
2013GS
Rookie

Mixman - Congratulations. Nice car. I like the cabernet interior. It looks really sharp with the black. I just got a Nebula Grey/Cabernet GS.
Old 07-26-12, 04:17 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mixman
No it's not two way. No audible alert. You really have to see the vehicle to know what's happening.
Did the dealer tell you that Lexus will be coming out with a remote start system that integrates with your cell phone?

I'm waiting for that one because the distance that it operates is greater. Also, the newer remote start will have two-way to alert you that the car is started. Might be pricey, but I need it for the winters here.
Old 07-26-12, 07:51 AM
Squirrelsb
Rookie

I had a remote start on my HS250 and I hated it. The concept was nice but the way it worked was that while the car started remotely, as soon as you walked up to it, the engine shut off. Of course then, you had to restart it once inside the cabin. I'm not quite sure I understood why it worked that way but even the Lexus dealership said it was stupid. This was the OEM RS btw. I was told that the RS for the GS350 worked the same way. No thanks.

Quick Reply: Look what I picked up today........