GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Any ideas on repairs? Someone hit my rear bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 06:10 AM
NG2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideas on repairs? Someone hit my rear bumper.

On friday a very nice 83 year old lady backed into new f-Sport and did some nice damage to the right rear bumper.

Has anyone had any repairs done yet? It looks like I am going to need a new bumper / kit. I was wondering what everyone experience has been?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-12, 09:24 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about the damage

Take it to the dealership and have them provide an estimate. While it may appear to be only cosmetic damage to the bumper, there may be underlying damage that isn't visible.

Usually, the dealership will end up replacing the bumper/kit rather than repairing it, so the color match should be perfect (especially since the car is new)
Old 08-06-12, 10:04 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

sounds as though everyone involved is cool,,, that's what's up. Lexus will know what to do. i wouldn't take it to a mom and pop shop for repairs and or bumper replacement. if it's repairable they will send it to their people. most likely they'll probably charge it to the ladies insurance company and replace the bumper,,,"wait a minute,,, her ins. company has to pay either way". you're good. what was i thinking??? today is a slow day (mentally) for me.
Old 08-06-12, 06:27 PM
nyczyang27
Driver School Candidate

I had a similar accident a few weeks ago. Someone backed up into my front bumper. We exchanged insurance information and got a police report. I took the car to a Lexus dealership where they have a on site body shop. They are communicating with the other guys insurance company, basically taking care of everything for me. They are also doing a full F-Sport bumper conversion from the base model for me.
Old 08-06-12, 07:23 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 59 Posts

sydtoosic: That's if you're in the US. I may be over-simplifying things for us Ontario people, but I could be driving legally and get T-boned by a drunk driver running a red. My insurance pays for my repairs, and his (if he has any) pays for his. Good ol' no-fault insurance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-fault_insurance

Old 08-06-12, 07:28 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Just curious. What are you doing about the fog lights?
Old 08-07-12, 05:52 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
sydtoosic: That's if you're in the US. I may be over-simplifying things for us Ontario people, but I could be driving legally and get T-boned by a drunk driver running a red. My insurance pays for my repairs, and his (if he has any) pays for his. Good ol' no-fault insurance.

Do your insurance rates depend on your driving/accident history? In other words, would an accident (especially one that is clearly not your fault) cause your insurance rates to increase?

Here in the US, an accident that is your fault will almost certainly cause your rates to go up when you are up for renewal (unless you have 'accident forgiveness' or similar feature on your policy that will forgive one or even two accidents)
Old 08-07-12, 07:55 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by jj14
Do your insurance rates depend on your driving/accident history? In other words, would an accident (especially one that is clearly not your fault) cause your insurance rates to increase?

Here in the US, an accident that is your fault will almost certainly cause your rates to go up when you are up for renewal (unless you have 'accident forgiveness' or similar feature on your policy that will forgive one or even two accidents)
No, I do not believe that your rates will go up if you're not at fault. But I do believe you're responsible for your own deductible (can anyone else from Ontario comment on this?). However, insurance is generally higher in Ontario, I believe. Fortunately, I haven't been in numerous accidents, so I can't comment on what happens if you just happen to be prone to being hit by others (not your fault).
Old 08-07-12, 03:13 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888

wow i didn't know that,,, that sucks. our premium goes up fault/no fault. my 2011 Camry SE was stolen,,, and be damned if my premium didn't go up. that was Allstate.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 08-07-12 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-13-12, 01:51 PM
NG2
Driver School Candidate

Well i got two estimates and for the rear bumper damage its about $1,300. (including replacing a sensor). Not too bad -- the other insurance company is covering everything so hopefully it will go well.
Old 08-15-12, 02:17 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man already so many people got in to accidents in there gs