GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

When will we see regular Enform Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-12, 09:08 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default When will we see regular Enform Updates?

I think the enform app suite is a fair to good effort by Lexus. But it does have quite a few "opportunities" to improve!

I do like the fact that when starting the app suite, it automatically checks for updates!

I find it very disappointing that there never are any!

Lexus built a platform to be readily "updatable". Does anyone know why they aren't using it?
Old 08-10-12, 09:33 PM
James281
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dare i say it, the damn thing suck! i try to listen to pandora today and got no sound even though it connect just fine... damn thing never work correctly.
Old 08-11-12, 05:25 AM
joehp1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed! But, lately it seems to be working better. Don't know why, doing the same thing I have always done!
Old 08-11-12, 09:21 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

I have an iPhone 4S with the latest software. I can use my system a few times and then I need to restart my phone. Same thing with my iPad.

I have called Lexus and they had me reinstall the app, and then make an eDestination call and have them put in any address, something about the car syncs with there system when this is done. After this was done it seems to work better.

I have read in other threads that iOS devopers with 6.0 are having no trouble conecting and are getting text and notifications though.
Old 08-11-12, 06:18 PM
Chrisr61
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by James281
dare i say it, the damn thing suck! i try to listen to pandora today and got no sound even though it connect just fine... damn thing never work correctly.
Ditto!!! I don't even use the app anymore it sucks so bad.
Old 08-12-12, 03:16 PM
wla1mjd
Driver School Candidate

If you're connected to the app-suite and your phone but have no sound..... check the volume on your phone. There's a glitch in the Enform app and when you try to listen to pandora if your bluetooth audio on your phone is turned down, you have no sound. Try it, next time it connects with no sound... crank up the volume on your phone.
Old 08-12-12, 09:38 PM
2013GS
Rookie

Originally Posted by wla1mjd
If you're connected to the app-suite and your phone but have no sound..... check the volume on your phone. There's a glitch in the Enform app and when you try to listen to pandora if your bluetooth audio on your phone is turned down, you have no sound. Try it, next time it connects with no sound... crank up the volume on your phone.
Thanks for the info. Pandora would appear to be working but would not produce any sound.. The media volume was indeed turned down on my phone. When I increased the media volume on my phone then Pandora worked fine.

When I increased the volume on my phone it also fixed the problems I was having with iHeart radio.
Old 08-14-12, 06:53 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2013GS
Thanks for the info. Pandora would appear to be working but would not produce any sound.. The media volume was indeed turned down on my phone. When I increased the media volume on my phone then Pandora worked fine.

When I increased the volume on my phone it also fixed the problems I was having with iHeart radio.
The other issue I've seen is if you use the USB plug to charge your iPhone. The phone detects it as a dock connector and uses that as teh output instead of the BT.
Old 08-14-12, 12:11 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see that majority of you complainers have the Iphones which have blocked some propierity features that Android phones have since my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx works flawlessly with the Enform so I am not going to blame Lexus one bit. The new iOS 6 version needs to be placed on all of your phones to work better with the Lexus enform. Apple is behind the game here. I have all Apple products in my house but lately updates for them are becoming less and less frequent and less stable....