GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Admiration

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-12, 08:04 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Admiration

So how many of you look back at your car in parking lots and parking garages and think "this is one beautiful automobile?" I did that today in a parking garage and was just blown away by the lines of the car and the 19" graphite wheels. (And that was from the rear-quarter view.)

Also, I've been really surprised, based on some of the negative comments about the car being "bland" or the slams on the F-Sport front end, that I have gotten a lot of stares from other drivers. I was at an intersection diagonally across from a couple in a black Maxima and they didn't take their eyes off it until we went through the intersection. I also have seen BMW drivers gawking. I think they feel more free to look because I have tinted windows and they can't tell if I'm looking back.

This is just a nice bonus, since I bought the car for the interior and the way she drives!
Old 08-19-12, 08:51 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I get stares and positive impressions every week somewhere in regards to my car. Today, a group of young mens in the older 1999 GS400 giving me stares and thumbs up on the highway today and they trying to keep up with me at plus 90 mph. I also agree with you about the sharp creases and lines this car exhibits and how nicely it flows from front to end with no hiccups. Its a beautiful car and is a great part of my fleet with the other german autos.
Old 08-19-12, 09:18 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i'll have to agree with you guys,,, it is a hot car. the car has been out since jan/feb and i still get people saying that my car is the first one they have seen. what i like about the obsidian is that it has no flakes,,, it's just black, mirror black and when i wash her "DAMN" the mirror like shine is more pronounced. it looks sinister when i turn around in a lot and look at her as i'm walking towards a store. i still miss my SP F-Sport,,, even though that feeling is fading.
Old 08-19-12, 09:54 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep, me too as soon as u pass by somebody they stare at u, or if u are at stop the keep on looking at the car, and of course when u park u start looking at too, damm thats a nice car and yep its mine.
Old 08-19-12, 10:10 PM
DrKeith
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at an event at the Four Seasons last night and when we gave the car to the valet (which I hate doing but had no other options) they asked to keep it out front rather than in down below in the garage. Lots of looks at the GS as guests arrived.
Old 08-20-12, 12:29 AM
dochusar
Pole Position

I have to agree. It is one very sharp looking car. People gawk at the car everywhere I drive. The only other car that I drive that gets more attention is my Porsche Panamera.

Damn, when I set them side by side in the iveway, I get all kinds of stares.
Old 08-20-12, 12:32 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 4GS is always catching my eye when I drive past one! Love seeing them around town, especially the SFP F-Sport models! So sexy.
Old 08-20-12, 06:31 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

I get a lot of stare, too.
but I often wonder if they are thinking damn its an ugly car??? lol kidding of course!
Old 08-20-12, 06:58 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk about attention, I get more stares with my GTR than all the cars I have ever own.
Old 08-20-12, 07:31 AM
codraw
Driver

attention is one thing, admiration is another...just saying
Old 08-20-12, 01:10 PM
matt2421
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a black on black lux package that i try to keep immaculate. I used to own an '06 GS 430, also black on black that i kept immaculate. I always get "nice car" or "what year is that" almost everywhere i stop. But...i dont know if its just me, but i think my old 430 got more rubbernecks than my new 350. nothing scientific here, i just felt like i caught more people staring at my old ride than the new one.

With that said, i cannot keep my eyes off of her. i am constantly walking backwards to catch a glimpse of her as i walk away. Lexy2 is just absolutely gorgeous and i love her to death. (TMI?)
Old 08-20-12, 01:15 PM
maxwebr
Driver

glad to hear so many are getting the same attention that I have. Had a guy at Costco comment what a nice car it is and test drove a BMW 535, but liked the GS so much better. Makes me feel better about my purchase. Not that I needed convincing!
Old 08-20-12, 08:21 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by codraw
attention is one thing, admiration is another...just saying
Attention = people snickering, making faces, giving thumbs down, thinking "how the hell could Lexus be serious?"

Admiration = people staring like they want to know more about the car. That is what I've noticed.
Old 08-20-12, 08:30 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

I was parking at Best Buy and a guy parked across from me in an Audi S6, and when I was in the customer service line he was asking me if I had this option and that option. He really liked the car.
Old 08-20-12, 09:02 PM
codraw
Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
Attention = people snickering, making faces, giving thumbs down, thinking "how the hell could Lexus be serious?"

Admiration = people staring like they want to know more about the car. That is what I've noticed.
I was referring to jman-is350's GTR, sure GTR would get some attention from car guys, but most people including 99% of women probably have no idea what GTR is; however, my GS has been receiving a lot of admiration from all the people around me, literally. cars stop next line further back from me while at red light, and then slowly approach to my side...i can tell they are checking out my GS...

Quick Reply: Admiration