GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Wheel Finish?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-12, 06:26 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Wheel Finish?

i know it's a crappy pic,,, but does anyone know the finish on these wheels? i want to get those for my Obsidian F-Sport. IMO it would be a nice contrast as opposed to the dark wheel which IMO looks better on the lighter colored F-Sports. are those wheels painted? thanx in advance,,, i really want those wheels. think i'm going to be different and not do Vossens or any of the other brands, that is unless there is no way i can get my hands on these wheels.
Old 09-01-12, 07:16 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sydtoosic

I agree with you 100%. I liked those rims when I first saw them and wish we could of opt for a lighter color 19 inch rims as opposed to the darker ones on my current Nebula Grey GS which blends in too much. I know Lexus Japan decided to go for the graphite color so it will be very difficult to find these rims in the lighter shade. However, some of the german aftermarket companies do make rims that look like these but I doubt they will be hub centric for our cars because I do not want anything that requires hub centering rings due to my poor experience with this.
Old 09-01-12, 08:39 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

" I WANT THESE WHEELS REX ", i liked them when i saw the GS reveal with Mark Templin. they look very good on the LP. but on the darker colors they would just,,,,,,,, OMG. (am i allowed to use OMG here? it sounds so lame) i'm going to speak to the SM and the GM at RVC, my sales guy already knows i really need those, so he's making calls. and the good thing is that they owe me a set of wheels.
Old 09-01-12, 10:17 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic

i know it's a crappy pic,,, but does anyone know the finish on these wheels? i want to get those for my Obsidian F-Sport. IMO it would be a nice contrast as opposed to the dark wheel which IMO looks better on the lighter colored F-Sports. are those wheels painted? thanx in advance,,, i really want those wheels. think i'm going to be different and not do Vossens or any of the other brands, that is unless there is no way i can get my hands on these wheels.

I'm with you too on the wheel thing. I have an Obsidian GS F Sport and to me there is just not enough contrast going on between the stock wheels wheels and the car itself. I am thinking about going aftermarket for that reason alone. I'll probably stick with 19" rims. I don't really even want 20' rims, because I frequently go into the city and man with the potholes, I just don't feel like having a bent wheel to fix.
Old 09-01-12, 11:35 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mixman
I'm with you too on the wheel thing. I have an Obsidian GS F Sport and to me there is just not enough contrast going on between the stock wheels wheels and the car itself. I am thinking about going aftermarket for that reason alone. I'll probably stick with 19" rims. I don't really even want 20' rims, because I frequently go into the city and man with the potholes, I just don't feel like having a bent wheel to fix.
don't think i'm going the dub route either. i try to avoid Manhattan,,, but i hate trains and buses, so sometimes i'll drive to the city. and the potholes are the least of your worries,,, with those yellow taxis and livery drivers who all must have went to the ACME Driving School for dumbasses. and you still have to worry about bent rims b/c we have low profiles on the F-Sport.
Old 09-02-12, 12:23 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Ha, well I grew up in the city so the cab drivers don't bother me much, actually, these Jersey drivers bug me much more. Right now with 19" 's we have some cushion but with 20' 's there is not much there between you and a $100 repair. Shame though because a lot of the best looking wheels are 20" and up, but if I get 19" wheels I can at least use the all season tires I am going to pull off my G37S which are 245/40/19 and 275/35/19.
Old 09-02-12, 09:00 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,352 Likes on 698 Posts

They look like brushed aluminum, but I'm just guessing based on the picture.
Old 09-02-12, 09:34 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Just repaint your current 19" wheels. Should be cheaper, less fuss and no worries about fitment.
Old 09-02-12, 12:02 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by natnut
Just repaint your current 19" wheels. Should be cheaper, less fuss and no worries about fitment.
Well for those of us that lease, that is a no go. The original wheels have to be back on the car as bought when the lease is over.
Old 09-02-12, 07:38 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree that these wheels would look better than the graphite wheels on the darker colors, but I love the graphite wheels with my LP GS. Took me a while to get used to the fact that sometimes they look dull, but when the lighting is right I can't imagine any wheels that would look better.
Old 09-02-12, 11:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by natnut
Lexus can paint my wheels that color? Because at my dealership they have a wheel guy that comes in and does all they're wheels,,, repaint, refinish etc. is there a downside to having my wheels repainted??? Thanx for the info NAT
Old 09-17-12, 03:56 PM
sgani
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does it look lowered???
Old 09-17-12, 04:14 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pic could be better, like you said.

But are these wheels the same finish as the car in the OP?
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Finish?-06-03-2012-00111.jpg  
Old 09-17-12, 05:35 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vasili
The pic could be better, like you said.

But are these wheels the same finish as the car in the OP?
yes it does look like the same finish,,, although i am going to need a better pic if you can,,, thanx in advance.
Old 09-17-12, 05:41 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yes it does look like the same finish,,, although i am going to need a better pic if you can,,, thanx in advance.
Ok.

Is this better?
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Finish?-iphone-pics-1033.jpg   Wheel Finish?-iphone-pics-1034.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wheel Finish?