GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Somebody hit me

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-12, 04:59 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Somebody hit me

and my car was parked. i was in BKLYN. at Brookdale Hospital where a very good friend of mine 27 yrs. young had just passed away,,, she was like a sister to me with 3 small children,,, GOD BLESS HER SOUL. came out to get my car and guess what,,, you got it a dumbass hit the parked car behind me and that car slid under mine. he either fell asleep at the wheel or lost control. his hood was accordion style almost to the windshield, his bumper was on the ground, his tire flat and rim bent. the car he hit,, the back bumper was on the ground his front bumper was also done after sliding under my car,,,wait i have more pics.
Old 09-03-12, 05:03 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Old 09-03-12, 05:04 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Old 09-03-12, 05:15 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

i have more but i don't know how to post pics in the same thread so i'm going to stop here... and i just washed and waxed the car earlier that day. already called GEICO,,, i'll get no sleep today. i don't have or cause accidents and when some dumb**** like this happens,,, it just throws me off for days because of how well i take care of my cars. takes me hours to get her perfect and 1 second for some non-driving dumbass ****head to **** up my car. it's 8:12 a.m. this happened at 5:30 a.m. i won't sleep so i might as well go to lexus to talk to their mr fix it man. i will be getting all new parts, don't want repair. keep you posted... thanx in advance for allowing me to vent on the forum.
Old 09-03-12, 06:51 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sucks, hopefully it gets taken care of quickly
Old 09-03-12, 07:07 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This can be fixed. But sorry to hear about ur friend
Old 09-03-12, 07:12 AM
Mojo122
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One hell of an emotional night. My condolences. Hopefully the damage doesn't go beyond the rear bumper (quarter panals) as it was certainly more than a tap.
Old 09-03-12, 07:23 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Condolences and so sorry.
Old 09-03-12, 07:52 AM
nyczyang27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get a police report? Should always file a claim through their insurance co instead if they are 100% at fault to avoid any chance of your premium going up. Take the car to Lexus of Queens. They do GREAT body work.
Old 09-03-12, 09:07 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this the second gs that you have that got hit?? I'm feeling so bad for you right now but rest assured it's mainly the rear underbody and part of bumper
Old 09-03-12, 09:07 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Thanx fellas for the sincere condolences, it means alot when you lose someone close to you and you have a support system. the car can be fixed and or replaced but my sister (that is what she is to me and i say is b/c her soul and spirit remain here with her loved ones) the car means nothing to me after something that emotional touches you deeply. sure i'll still take care of it like i always do,,, but i'll miss picking her and my god kids up. time will heal me and my family. thanx again fellas,,, so very much. i'll keep you posted about the cars progress. if you have kids give them a big hug,,, a wife give her a big hug,,, mother, father, sister, brother give them all big hugs. There's nothing like FAMILY.
Old 09-03-12, 09:09 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Is this the second gs that you have that got hit?? I'm feeling so bad for you right now but rest assured it's mainly the rear underbody and part of bumper
it sure is REX,,, the first one was mainly cosmetic. i'm buying a BMW bicycle. i'm done with cars.
Old 09-03-12, 07:54 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Big condolences on the loss of your friend. Re: the car, you haven't had very good luck lately, but hang in there! You'll get it fixed as good as new. Hopefully the goal of getting it fixed will help somewhat distract you during this difficult period. I'm really sorry on all counts.
Old 09-03-12, 08:23 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Big condolences on the loss of your friend. Re: the car, you haven't had very good luck lately, but hang in there! You'll get it fixed as good as new. Hopefully the goal of getting it fixed will help somewhat distract you during this difficult period. I'm really sorry on all counts.
thanx D... i'm hanging in there but the wife is taking it very hard. the car doesn't even matter anymore it just put everything into perspective,,, my sis is gone i'll never see her again,,, the car i'll see everyday. thanx again, i'll post pics after it's fixed. as an afterthought,,, it's crazy because i don't have accidents, it's like they wait for me to park my car and say "there's a nice one let's get her".

Last edited by sydtoosic; 09-03-12 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-03-12, 08:58 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, just saw this. First off, my deepest sympathy and condolences to the lost of your close friend. Secondly, knowing how you are I'm sure you will find as way to make her look even better than OEM. Hang in there buddy

Quick Reply: Somebody hit me