GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Loaner Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 09:29 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Loaner Vehicles

Do folks have dealerships that refuse to provide a loaner vehicle for "minor services?"

If so, what type of service is required before a loaner is provided?

I know the Lexus policy states that any service over 8 hours will have a loaner vehicle.
Old 09-10-12, 09:36 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

at Lexus of RVC. no matter what srvc. i'm in for my service guy always asks if i'm going to wait or do i need a loaner. if it's simple such as tire pressure or resetting something, that takes less than an hour i'll wait. i've bought 4 vehicles from them and everyone knows me by name so they treat me well.
Old 09-10-12, 11:53 PM
DrKeith
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer offers a loaner for any service over 2 hours. They also offer valet service so they drop the loaner off at my house or office and they take my car to the dealer for service and then return it to me when it is complete.

But if I do that I miss out on the fresh muffins and coffee at the dealership.
Old 09-11-12, 01:53 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It depends on the dealership. I've built a pretty good relationship with my service adviser so i've even had the luxury of dropping my car off for an oil change before work, taking the loaner to work and picking my car up on my way home. It just really depends, most of the dealers aren't going to give you a loaner unless there's a good amount of wait time involved. For a customer they have a really good relationship with, they might be more relaxed with the loaners.
Old 09-11-12, 05:00 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by faifai83
Do folks have dealerships that refuse to provide a loaner vehicle for "minor services?"

If so, what type of service is required before a loaner is provided?

I know the Lexus policy states that any service over 8 hours will have a loaner vehicle.
You are right, Lexus does provide a loaner for repairs/services of eight hours or more or if the car is kept overnight.

My dealer does services of two hours or more. We are also seasonal and dealer do pay a premium for the loaners as they are one year leases. We try and balance enough for the season to accomadate as may people as possible but not have too many vehicle sittig idle during off season costing us money.

Personally I give everyone a loaner that would like one on Sat, and during off season we do not enforce the policies. But come season we have to tighten the belt.
Old 09-12-12, 11:31 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill_GS3
You are right, Lexus does provide a loaner for repairs/services of eight hours or more or if the car is kept overnight.

My dealer does services of two hours or more. We are also seasonal and dealer do pay a premium for the loaners as they are one year leases. We try and balance enough for the season to accomadate as may people as possible but not have too many vehicle sittig idle during off season costing us money.

Personally I give everyone a loaner that would like one on Sat, and during off season we do not enforce the policies. But come season we have to tighten the belt.
Can you tell me more about these "seasons"
Old 09-13-12, 07:59 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by faifai83
Can you tell me more about these "seasons"
Here in S FL, we are very seasonal. We have "snow birds" that come down to escape the cold winters and go back up north for the hot summers.

Our work load will vary from summer under 50 appointments to "season" over 150, plus guests with out appointments.

Theres been days I've come in for one customer and done nothing the rest of the day.
Old 09-13-12, 06:55 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Well, I have built a rapport with my dealership and I am always offered a loaner when I bring my car for service, having bought 4 cars fro the dealership helps and everyone knows me by my first name.
Old 09-13-12, 07:12 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

My Lexus dealer in Little Rock offered a loaner for any service. At one time, they even topped off your gas tank. Here in Tucson, they give you a loaner for anything except an oil change.
Old 09-14-12, 09:19 AM
2013GS
Rookie

My dealership stated that they only give loaner cars when over 2 hours of labor is involved. They do not give loaners for minor service intervals (e.g. 5k, 10k) but will for major routine service. Another local dealer told me they use a 3 hour labor rule for getting a loaner.
Old 09-14-12, 10:50 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2013GS
My dealership stated that they only give loaner cars when over 2 hours of labor is involved. They do not give loaners for minor service intervals (e.g. 5k, 10k) but will for major routine service. Another local dealer told me they use a 3 hour labor rule for getting a loaner.
If you don't mind me asking, which dealers?
Old 09-15-12, 05:02 AM
TDonovan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of Englewood (NJ) tells me its at the 1.5 hr interval - not the 5k because its free but all other service intervals (10k, etc) included. Roughly similar experience at TriCounty Lexus (also NJ).