GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New to the Board, New to Lexus! Here is my Story

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-12, 08:56 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Sometimes its better to just ignore someone if you don't like what they have to say. This is the first time a 4GS was compared to a TL that I know of so I don't see what is old about it.

Hopefully, this will clear up something:
There are a few people that are tired of me saying I don't like the 4GS. I have not called it a monster nor did I say it was horrible. I never said anyone made a bad choice or that it was gonna blow up. I have tried to just state my opinion....which is only a few times compared to the jillion praises the car has received.

It doesn't bother me that people like it. It doesn't bother me that people repeat their love a jillion times. As long as I refrain from personal attacks, I should be able to say what I want.

So I'm asking, can't we just let me be me and I'll let you be you.....with no hard feelings. Disagreement is the spice of life. We are not living in a 3rd world country where people hate you because you see some things differently. We have in common a passion for cars....but that doesn'y mean we have agree on all the ones we like. Chill out people.....or ignore my comments.

deasg2, if you wish to continue this conversation, let's take it to pm. You made a public statement and I replied but it's not appropriate to contiue publicly.
I guess since I don't own a 3GS I never visit that forum to say disparaging things about the car (styling or otherwise), yet you seem to get your "I don't like the 4GS style" comments in regulary in the 4GS forum. I'm just a bit confused about what that adds to a forum when the subject isn't styling but what was traded for the 4GS.

I will go so far as to say that the 3GS is a very attractive car, and if the driving experience was decent I would have owned one myself because I owned two 2GS models. However, you will never see me on the 3GS forum sharing my criticisms because the 3GS owners have bought them and want to enjoy their cars. I have the decency to let them enjoy their cars, so I'm just confused as to why you need to be here bashing the styling at every chance you get. If you don't like it, stay in the 3GS forum where everyone is happy and thinks the 4GS doesn't measure up to the high standard set by the 3GS.

That said, the other 4GS owners seem to just be ignoring your comments. I will do the same, so post all you want. Truce.
Old 09-18-12, 04:11 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I guess since I don't own a 3GS I never visit that forum to say disparaging things about the car (styling or otherwise), yet you seem to get your "I don't like the 4GS style" comments in regulary in the 4GS forum. I'm just a bit confused about what that adds to a forum when the subject isn't styling but what was traded for the 4GS.

I will go so far as to say that the 3GS is a very attractive car, and if the driving experience was decent I would have owned one myself because I owned two 2GS models. However, you will never see me on the 3GS forum sharing my criticisms because the 3GS owners have bought them and want to enjoy their cars. I have the decency to let them enjoy their cars, so I'm just confused as to why you need to be here bashing the styling at every chance you get. If you don't like it, stay in the 3GS forum where everyone is happy and thinks the 4GS doesn't measure up to the high standard set by the 3GS.

That said, the other 4GS owners seem to just be ignoring your comments. I will do the same, so post all you want. Truce.
I guess you haven't seen the numerous negative comments about the 3GS but believe, there are more than a few. Doesn't bother me. I've come to the point where I actually like reading them. I certainly hold no ill will to those who make those negative comments.

Despite your displeasure or not understanding my comments, you were gracious enough to agree for a truce. I appreciate that.
Old 09-18-12, 10:57 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the vin, how can I check it? My sales assistant called and said that the car should arrive at the Jacksonville port by the 21st.
Old 09-18-12, 03:40 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

any idea fellas?
Old 09-18-12, 06:53 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RandallsGS
I wish I could say things have progressed as they "should have". My Lexus dealer has been less than forthcoming with info. I'm new to Lexus & very unimpressed by my dealer & their communication skills. When I asked for specifics I rec'd a screen shot of when they ordered my car & was told "it should be made sometime in August". Bottom line...it's supposed to arrive in Port today. Is there a way to track it once it's on the rail & in transit via the web? My salemen DID tell me last week he had a VIN. If I can't track it, can the dealership? I can't be the only person that's ever ordered a Lexus... ;-)

Thx!
yes the dealer can track your car. they should have your info in their system with the VIN on your car.
Old 09-18-12, 07:02 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yes the dealer can track your car. they should have your info in their system with the VIN on your car.
correct as mentioned, the dealer told me when the car is coming and the info chart they gave me from the car told me the vessel's name and number.

The car is coming straight from japan!!!
Old 09-18-12, 07:03 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nexson
any idea fellas?
i can't find the paperwork i received from the FM at my dealer,,, i didn't even ask for it, he just gave it to me. it had all the specifics on my car,,, the name of the vessel that the car was on, vessel # and i booted up my IMAC and typed in the vessel name and "BAM" there it was, it's called a car carrier. i tracked it everyday until the vessel docked in N.J. your car is probably here already,,,, was it coming from Japan??? once it gets in if it's on the boat it will take an additional 5/10 days for you to take delivery. it's a PITA. the dealer can tell you if the car reached port or not.
Old 09-18-12, 07:08 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

correct as mentioned, the dealer told me when the car is coming and the info chart they gave me from the car told me the vessel's name and number.

The car is coming straight from japan!!!
great,,, the boat docks in Jacksonville so you'll have it soon if you have the 21st for the date,,, give it another 5/10 days after they take it off the boat,,, maybe less. car has to be inspected for damage etc. or if you're curious go to your search engine and type in the vessel name and the boat will pop up.
Old 09-20-12, 05:57 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Car should be here tomorrow!
Old 09-20-12, 08:01 PM
RandallsGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car should be here tomorrow!
I believe you mean the car will be in Port tomorrow. As the other person mentioned, you'll want to give it a number of day's before it hits the dealership. Then THEY will do their prep.

They (Lexus) must send other boats threw the Panama Canal. Mine came from Japan as well & it ported in Oregon. Then shipped via rail to KC...then trucked to the dealership. The dealership told me it would be 10 days from arrival @ port, to the dealership.
Old 09-21-12, 04:01 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

I believe you mean the car will be in Port tomorrow. As the other person mentioned, you'll want to give it a number of day's before it hits the dealership. Then THEY will do their prep.

They (Lexus) must send other boats threw the Panama Canal. Mine came from Japan as well & it ported in Oregon. Then shipped via rail to KC...then trucked to the dealership. The dealership told me it would be 10 days from arrival @ port, to the dealership.
No, I mean the car should be at the dealership, The dealer is located 6 hours from the port. My sales assist. said on 9/21 it should arrive at our dealer.
Old 09-21-12, 11:57 AM
RandallsGS
Rookie

Talking

No, I mean the car should be at the dealership, The dealer is located 6 hours from the port. My sales assist. said on 9/21 it should arrive at our dealer.
Dude, if that's the case, I'm excited for you! Makes me wish I'd ordered mine down there & I could've drove it back home. Please be sure to post some pics today when you pick it up...can't wait to see it. :-)
Old 09-21-12, 06:25 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Dude, if that's the case, I'm excited for you! Makes me wish I'd ordered mine down there & I could've drove it back home. Please be sure to post some pics today when you pick it up...can't wait to see it. :-)
rewind!, called and they said sorry for the miscommunication, the boat arrived and docked today and car should be here early next week!
ahhhhh I was so excited today, blah!
Old 09-22-12, 07:38 AM
Mojo122
Driver

Your day will arrive soon enough. Then the real enjoyment begins!
Old 09-22-12, 08:02 AM
Maseroche
Driver

At least it's here and it's only a matter of time before it gets to the dealer.

Quick Reply: New to the Board, New to Lexus! Here is my Story