GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 Lexus GS Lexon Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-12, 05:31 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 Lexus GS Lexon Options

I have the front lip coming for the GS, but i was thinking about the side skirts and roof wing. The side skirts come CF. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Lexus GS Lexon Options-6img_2513.jpg   2013 Lexus GS Lexon Options-i4mg_2541.jpg   2013 Lexus GS Lexon Options-img_2624.jpg  
Old 09-25-12, 06:26 PM
HizGSF
Driver

Very nice. I have a couple question if you don't mind answering?

Are you an air ride suspension?

What brand of front lip and side skirt are purchasing?

What are the off-set on your wheels?
Old 09-25-12, 07:01 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm only responding because you asked for opinions. It's not my cup of tea. I think you have ruined the looks of the car and made it into a gangsta mobile. That is just my opinion. No offense intended.
Old 09-25-12, 07:03 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HizGSF
Very nice. I have a couple question if you don't mind answering?

Are you an air ride suspension?

What brand of front lip and side skirt are purchasing?

What are the off-set on your wheels?
i don't think that's his car in those pics.
Old 09-25-12, 07:08 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

to the OP,,, your car looks perfect IMO. if you OD on the goodies,,, overkill is what i'm saying. but to each his own.
Old 09-25-12, 07:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bradtopp
I'm only responding because you asked for opinions. It's not my cup of tea. I think you have ruined the looks of the car and made it into a gangsta mobile. That is just my opinion. No offense intended.
he's asking for opinions on the roof spoiler and lip and side skirts that are on that particular car,,, but that is not his car. his car IMO looks classier and much cleaner.
Old 09-25-12, 07:16 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bad. That wasn't clear even when I just re-read the initial post. I definitely am not a fan of the overall car in those photos. Love the color (my wife has the Riviera Red F-Sport and I have a Nebula) and the wheels but not the extreme drop.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
he's asking for opinions on the roof spoiler and lip and side skirts that are on that particular car,,, but that is not his car. his car IMO looks classier and much cleaner.
Old 09-26-12, 07:34 AM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Sorry for the confusion , but this is not my car. the GS above is from Japan. the picture's above are the extra mods that Lexon sells for the car.

What i purchased was the front lip from Lexon

I was thinking about ordering the Air Runner Suspension kit and maybe a few extra mods. I just wanted to get some feed back from the board
on the extra mods Lexon offer's and showed some pictures of it above.
Old 09-26-12, 07:41 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

I would just add a slight drop with lowering springs and call it a day. The original adaptive suspension on the GS is so wonderfully balanced between ride and handling that I would hesitate to ruin it with coil-overs/air suspension.

I doubt there will be anything after-market for a long, long while that would be superior ride/handling wise to the original adaptive shocks.

Just to be clear : IMO lowering springs would be the best compromise : improves the looks without losing the adaptive function of the factory shocks.
Old 09-26-12, 08:39 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm gonna have to agree that coilovers would ruin what Lexus spent so much effort to produce.
In face, I can see coils becoming a thing of the past with so many manufacturers using some type of adaptive shocks/suspension that would be gone if replacing them with coils.
Stick with springs.
Old 09-26-12, 10:46 AM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Originally Posted by natnut
I would just add a slight drop with lowering springs and call it a day. The original adaptive suspension on the GS is so wonderfully balanced between ride and handling that I would hesitate to ruin it with coil-overs/air suspension.

I doubt there will be anything after-market for a long, long while that would be superior ride/handling wise to the original adaptive shocks.

Just to be clear : IMO lowering springs would be the best compromise : improves the looks without losing the adaptive function of the factory shocks.
I have already lowered my GS with custom made springs. Picture Below.
And there was no problems with the edfc controls for the shocks.works perfect.

Originally Posted by Ice350
I'm gonna have to agree that coilovers would ruin what Lexus spent so much effort to produce.
In face, I can see coils becoming a thing of the past with so many manufacturers using some type of adaptive shocks/suspension that would be gone if replacing them with coils.
Stick with springs.
Understandable. Pics below.

Old 09-26-12, 11:02 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, wheels and a nicer stance make a heck of a difference. I can't wait to see it with the front lip.
Really love the color.
Old 09-26-12, 11:13 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 198 Likes on 131 Posts

I'd get the sides and roof spoiler to complete the kit (what about rear lip?). I'm not a fan of having only a front lip because to me, it doesn't complete the look. This is 1 of my favorite 4GS on this forum.
Old 09-26-12, 08:22 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Originally Posted by msgs350
I'd get the sides and roof spoiler to complete the kit (what about rear lip?). I'm not a fan of having only a front lip because to me, it doesn't complete the look. This is 1 of my favorite 4GS on this forum.

i dont think they make a rear diffuser nor rear lip. It would be great to get a rear diffuser or rear lip to complete like you said. i am still thinking about the rest of the mods because its a big chunk of ca$h. Thanks for the comments
Old 09-27-12, 12:07 AM
Maseroche
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I would install anything on the red car that the OP has posted then it would only be the front spoiler. Side skirts don't flow real well and don't go with the overall look of the Lexus. The roof spoiler is something that I don't like in general.

Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus GS Lexon Options