GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Indeed Factory Defect.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-12, 08:29 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Indeed Factory Defect.

update,,, posted a while back about the black sharpie marker type marks on all 4 wheels. went to Lexus this morning to meet with the Lexus rep. he confirmed that it is a factory defect. they have ordered new wheels for me and they will also refinish them to the brushed aluminum and or hyper silver. i wanted a diff color wheel for the obsidian and the rep was happy to oblige.
Old 09-28-12, 08:57 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, i wouldnt have them refinish rims, nothing comes close to oem quality.
Old 09-28-12, 09:25 AM
Allb18c
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome - go with the hyper silver!
Old 09-28-12, 09:38 AM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he is ordering you wheels to refinish, i wouldnt do that.
Old 09-28-12, 11:52 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

ok,,, i have 1 go and 2 no go,,, why shouldn't i refinish my wheels???
Old 09-28-12, 12:40 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Make that 2 "go"s. I think machine finished or hyper silver would look great with Obsidian. I've seen a couple of Obsidian F-Sports around and (even though the car looks fantastic) there isn't all that much contrast between the body color and the wheels unless they are in direct sunlight. There is more contrast with Liquid Platinum, but even so, if I had the chance I would go the same route as well. Most likely machine finished for LP, but I think hyper silver would look great with Obsidian.
Old 09-28-12, 01:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Make that 2 "go"s. I think machine finished or hyper silver would look great with Obsidian. I've seen a couple of Obsidian F-Sports around and (even though the car looks fantastic) there isn't all that much contrast between the body color and the wheels unless they are in direct sunlight. There is more contrast with Liquid Platinum, but even so, if I had the chance I would go the same route as well. Most likely machine finished for LP, but I think hyper silver would look great with Obsidian.
thanx D,,, hyper silver it is.
Old 09-28-12, 05:56 PM
Mojo122
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having an Obsidian F-Sport I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Old 09-28-12, 06:09 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

i just dont get it, why cant they refinish the old wheels, why would they order brand new wheels and refinish them.
Old 09-28-12, 07:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexson
i just dont get it, why cant they refinish the old wheels, why would they order brand new wheels and refinish them.
because it is Lexus, and you deserve new parts under warranty, not refurbished ones.
Old 09-28-12, 07:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
update,,, posted a while back about the black sharpie marker type marks on all 4 wheels. went to Lexus this morning to meet with the Lexus rep. he confirmed that it is a factory defect. they have ordered new wheels for me and they will also refinish them to the brushed aluminum and or hyper silver. i wanted a diff color wheel for the obsidian and the rep was happy to oblige.
i hate silver wheels, but it is your car, so your decision :-).
Old 09-28-12, 07:32 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

Which dealership is this? I'd like to call them about this same problem and see if they will also replace my wheels.

Are you sure they don't intend to ship your existing wheels off for refinishing and then present them to you as your "new" wheels.

Last edited by bradtopp; 09-28-12 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-28-12, 07:46 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
because it is Lexus, and you deserve new parts under warranty, not refurbished ones.
What is the difference? The wheels get sanded down and refinished anyways, so why do they need to be brand new? The wheels have no bends.
Old 09-28-12, 10:13 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
you are right you win the prize...
Old 09-28-12, 10:28 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bradtopp
Which dealership is this? I'd like to call them about this same problem and see if they will also replace my wheels.

Are you sure they don't intend to ship your existing wheels off for refinishing and then present them to you as your "new" wheels.
Lexus of RVC is the dealer,,, and they ordered the wheels right in front of me,,, the SM and Lexus Rep. they will recieve them in one week then they will send them to the wheel guy they use to refinish them to the finish i want. then the SM will call me swap my wheels for the new refinished ones and i'm on the road again. there are so many things that we as consumers are entitled to,,, and it also helps if you have a good relationship with certain people. do not settle for "there's nothing we can do" etc. even if it's not within reason,,, still ask for it, all they can say is no. but if i'm 100% sure i am entitled to a service they will oblige and if i'm not they will sometimes pull some strings to make it happen. if i'm entitled to new wheels then why would i keep the old ones???

Quick Reply: Indeed Factory Defect.