GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hard body

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 12:35 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yeah V... you overdosed on the Hard Body. you have to be careful buddy that stuff is addictive. i have the number to a Hard Body 12 step program if you need it. i have 6 coats on my car and still have 3/4 of a bottle left. each time gets easier so you'll find yourself using less and less.
Yeah, I've signed up for HBA meetings. (Hard Body Anonymous)
Old 12-12-12, 03:28 PM
Cin8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! I'm going to order this for the new baby.
Old 12-12-12, 07:54 PM
stick22
Driver

any detailers using this? i'll be honest, i am busy/lazy and would be willing to pay for this if the price is right.
Old 12-12-12, 08:09 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Applied my Wolf's Rim Shield today. The wheels certainly do shine, but the true test wil be the brake dust after a few days of driving. I will report back. Can't wait!
Old 12-12-12, 08:27 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by stick22
any detailers using this? i'll be honest, i am busy/lazy and would be willing to pay for this if the price is right.
IDK about Cali. i'm sure you guys have a good reputable professional detailer that can and will apply HB for you. just make sure they've used it before on prior details.
Old 12-12-12, 08:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Applied my Wolf's Rim Shield today. The wheels certainly do shine, but the true test wil be the brake dust after a few days of driving. I will report back. Can't wait!
now D, don't go flooring the car to 90 and then slam on the brakes trying to produce massive amounts of brake dust. BTW are you still in NYC?
Old 12-13-12, 08:38 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

No one knows?

Originally Posted by bradtopp
Can anyone explain the chemical composition of Hard Body? Is it a polymer, acrylic sealant, etc? It is quite pricey and I am trying to perform a comparison but it is difficult when there is no information available that I can find.
Old 12-17-12, 08:17 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Tried to order rim shield, but it's out of stock until after the holidays.

Anything on the market that is comparable?
Old 12-17-12, 11:00 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vasili

try the Blackfire Wet Diamond all metal sealant until the Rim Shield is back in stock. go to Detailed Image.com, order before 11:00 am and you'll receive it the next day. they're good, i've ordered hundreds of products from them with no problems. that's when i was detailing my cars with Blackfire and Chemical Guys products.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 12-17-12 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-17-12, 11:49 AM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasili

I got carried away and missed it too. If you don't mind, you can get from UK...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolfs-Chemic...item43b61ca434

Not sure how long it takes and if it's worth the trouble. DD is a great seller. I'll probably just wait. Or maybe if Syd is nice enough, he'll put in some vials and mail to us!
Old 12-17-12, 01:42 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I got carried away and missed it too. If you don't mind, you can get from UK...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolfs-Chemic...item43b61ca434

Not sure how long it takes and if it's worth the trouble. DD is a great seller. I'll probably just wait. Or maybe if Syd is nice enough, he'll put in some vials and mail to us!
can't go wrong with DD. i can send you guys some... how bad do you want it ? . i'll send it to you for a phenomenal fee. i'm contemplating on getting the VM1 22ple all metal protection. that stuff is $93.00 for 30ml. if i get it for christmas i'll send you the Rim Shield, free of charge.
Old 12-26-12, 11:35 AM
stick22
Driver

alright so i ordered the hard body starter kit and am going to attempt this. i do have a question though.

can i use one applicator pad for the entire car since we are using so little of the hard body per panel
Old 12-26-12, 11:48 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stick22
alright so i ordered the hard body starter kit and am going to attempt this. i do have a question though.

can i use one applicator pad for the entire car since we are using so little of the hard body per panel
yes you can use one applicator for the entire car. i cut a square from a MF towel (big enough to cover 3 fingers maybe a half inch bigger) IMO it's easier to apply the HB that way. wait 3 hrs. and apply another coat with a new applicator.
Old 01-01-13, 06:28 PM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Had too much free time on hand today... Washed her and put another coat on (4th I think)... What a difference! Its been a while since I put the last coat on and its been raining too. I forgot how shiny she can be BTW how did you end up with a OB from NB to White? I followed the roll call thread to page 7 and gave up (although its fun reading it. So much excitement when the car was first out.)
Old 01-02-13, 08:58 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Had too much free time on hand today... Washed her and put another coat on (4th I think)... What a difference! Its been a while since I put the last coat on and its been raining too. I forgot how shiny she can be BTW how did you end up with a OB from NB to White? I followed the roll call thread to page 7 and gave up (although its fun reading it. So much excitement when the car was first out.)
i see we've been busy surfing the threads. i bought a Starfire Pearl GS F Sport fresh off the boat in Feb. in June i noticed something wasn't right about the car... long story short, i was given the Obsidian fully loaded for the same price i paid for the Starfire Pearl and a Platinum extended warranty (no charge) and my apr was lowered. i've bought 4 cars from my dealer... maybe that has something to do with the VIP service i get. although i know all they want is my money.

Quick Reply: Hard body