GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hard body

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-13, 11:33 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i see we've been busy surfing the threads. i bought a Starfire Pearl GS F Sport fresh off the boat in Feb. in June i noticed something wasn't right about the car... long story short, i was given the Obsidian fully loaded for the same price i paid for the Starfire Pearl and a Platinum extended warranty (no charge) and my apr was lowered. i've bought 4 cars from my dealer... maybe that has something to do with the VIP service i get. although i know all they want is my money.
That must've been hectic for you but nice to have driven two new cars and got a better deal in the end. You got that right. All they want is your money. They want to keep you happy so you'll get the LS Sport from them.
PS: It rained today. Not too happy. Forecast says no rain 'til Saturday.
Old 01-02-13, 12:53 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
That must've been hectic for you but nice to have driven two new cars and got a better deal in the end. You got that right. All they want is your money. They want to keep you happy so you'll get the LS Sport from them.
PS: It rained today. Not too happy. Forecast says no rain 'til Saturday.
how'd you know i was going to upgrade to the LS F Sport. i'll keep the GS and wait on the 2015 LS, it's due for a total redesign.
Old 01-03-13, 11:33 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

today i say bye bye to HB, and hello to 22PLE. i've researched until there is nothing left to research. 22PLE is a much better product. don't get me wrong, i love HB and the fact that you can layer it as much as you want (which you can't do with 22PLE) after 22PLE you can wash it after 12hrs. but the total cure time is 5 days. you can't get any water on it for 5 days. for 8/12 hrs. after 22ple is applied you can't expose the car to the elements, it has to stay inside in preferably a heated garage. it's alot stronger than HB, it's a silica glass coating. my car is currently with the detailing gurus at Detailers Domain. he's got plenty of HB, and wolfs chemicals but no Rim Shield. he's going to OC my wheels and apply 2/3 coats of 22ple on the paint. i really don't think i can layer it after i get it home so he's going to do it now. guess who's 2 doors down from Phil at DD? Vossen NA, Vredstien tires and BBS NA. boy am i going to have fun. and the wheels and tires can be ordered though Phil... i know it's a shameless plug but i had to share.
Old 01-03-13, 11:43 AM
ialexxx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow really? been to phil's shop few times and i didnt even notice... must check it out next time. Syd please update us after the work is done!!!
Old 01-03-13, 12:20 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ialexxx
wow really? been to phil's shop few times and i didnt even notice... must check it out next time. Syd please update us after the work is done!!!
he already sent me pics, he's using the RUPES buffer, fresh off the boat. instead of 2 days work it's done in 1 day with the RUPES. he's going to keep the car inside until sunday so he can layer the 22ple. he assured me that it's going to look way better than when he applied the Hard Body. i can't wait. now you know i'm going to post pics...
Old 03-11-13, 10:48 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

today I was going to apply some HB on my car, but after a car wash I found a few rock chips on my car. Theres a rock chip on my hood that it hit so hard I can feel the chipped part. I was wonder if I should touch it up before applying HB or I can apply HB then after a few week I can touch it up?
Old 03-11-13, 11:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by richard203
today I was going to apply some HB on my car, but after a car wash I found a few rock chips on my car. Theres a rock chip on my hood that it hit so hard I can feel the chipped part. I was wonder if I should touch it up before applying HB or I can apply HB then after a few week I can touch it up?
i would touch them up but if it's not that serious then you can apply the HB. the good thing about HB is that if the chips bother you after you apply it, you can always remove it. it's not a permanent coating like OC 2.0 or AQuartz, however i would suggest that you correct your paint (remove scratches, swirls) before you apply the HB. if the chips are noticeable then i would touch it up.
Old 03-11-13, 11:31 PM
richard203
Racer

Im not good at looking at swirls. Is there any item to look at swirls? im trying to look for items that can look at water marks for windows too, some times I might miss a spot cuz u dry it near some shaded area, but when the sun hits u c the water stain or water marks on the window.
Old 03-14-13, 12:43 AM
richard203
Racer

Oky I did two coat today, not as shinny as all the black car, since mines a NGP, I hope it will last for at least a month before applying again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-14-13, 07:23 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Im not good at looking at swirls. Is there any item to look at swirls? im trying to look for items that can look at water marks for windows too, some times I might miss a spot cuz u dry it near some shaded area, but when the sun hits u c the water stain or water marks on the window.
you can get a Brinkman handheld LED light or a small LED flashlight which will allow you to find the swirls and scratches. when you dry your car start with the windows first so the water doesn't dry on them and leave water marks. you can clean the windows with a good window cleaner, that should get rid of the marks. spray the cleaner on the rag before you wipe and not on the windows.

Oky I did two coat today, not as shinny as all the black car, since mines a NGP, I hope it will last for at least a month before applying again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
you should not wait a month before applying another coat because there is a chance of contaminants sticking to your paint and you'd have to clay the paint to remove it. you can apply another coat after 48/72 hrs. HB will last 18/24 months if applied and maintained correctly. wash the car with wolfs nano shampoo, any other shampoo will degrade the coating.
Old 03-14-13, 07:45 AM
danolo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I use this product after applying the 3M clear bra? Re-thinking paying the dealer to install bra with such rave reviews of HB.
Old 03-14-13, 07:52 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by danolo
Can I use this product after applying the 3M clear bra? Re-thinking paying the dealer to install bra with such rave reviews of HB.
i'm not sure, i haven't heard of anyone doing it. i wouldn't if it were me.
Old 03-14-13, 08:17 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Syd, can I use 22PLE on top of wax and hardbody? Or, would you suggest stripping everything off with clay before applying the 22PLE?
Old 03-14-13, 01:17 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vasili
Syd, can I use 22PLE on top of wax and hardbody? Or, would you suggest stripping everything off with clay before applying the 22PLE?
that would be a big "HELL NO" V... strip everything off before you apply the 22PLE. you need a clean canvas to work with when applying a coating. how have you been BTW? how's the front bumper holding up?
Old 03-14-13, 08:27 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
that would be a big "HELL NO" V... strip everything off before you apply the 22PLE. you need a clean canvas to work with when applying a coating. how have you been BTW? how's the front bumper holding up?
Ok, thanks for the tip.

How've I been? I've never had a bad day yet. Everyday I wake up. My eyes work, my legs work, my wife works...how can I complain?

The bumper is fine. Can't even tell there was problem. All is good. Tomorrow will be 50 degrees. Good day for a full wash. Shot some hop tonight at a local gym. Not bad for an old guy!

How's things by you, bro?

Quick Reply: Hard body