GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Hit and ran by a woman!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-12, 07:18 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Splashman
I hope she is cited for leaving the scene of an accident. Many people don't take responsibility for their actions.
I asked the police about giving her ticket or something but police told me that I was lucky to get the plate# and they couldn't do anything else
Old 09-30-12, 07:31 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Did the police state in the report that her vehicle hit yours and drove off? Did you get a statement from any of the passers by that weren't in the car with you?

If the answer to either or possibly both of those questions is no, I bet that her insurance company tries to deny responsibility.

Don't worry about your car, thats an easy repair.
Old 09-30-12, 08:24 AM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Did the police state in the report that her vehicle hit yours and drove off? Did you get a statement from any of the passers by that weren't in the car with you?

If the answer to either or possibly both of those questions is no, I bet that her insurance company tries to deny responsibility.

Don't worry about your car, thats an easy repair.
Don't have the report yet though. Hoping police report would show everything happened. I explained the police and they looked at the cars though. Then they told me to pick up report a few days later. There were people when it happened but they left while we were looking for her car.
Old 09-30-12, 10:26 AM
Mojo122
Driver

I hate parking lots and at times like this....People. Having your buddy as a witness, pictures, and a police report I'd think you are all set.
Old 10-03-12, 01:00 PM
nyczyang27
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear about your accident. I live in flushing too and I too got my car hit. I took the car to Lexus of Queens dealership body shop to get it fixed. They do an AMAZING job. I bought my car at Lexus of Manhattan but they also take their cars to Queens Lexus to get it fixed.
Old 10-03-12, 01:33 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

What I've learnt from this thread is to not take my car to the NYC area. There are more than just a couple of you here that have had your new cars hit. Sorry to hear guys, and hope they'll get fixed like new.
Old 10-03-12, 01:54 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
What I've learnt from this thread is to not take my car to the NYC area. There are more than just a couple of you here that have had your new cars hit. Sorry to hear guys, and hope they'll get fixed like new.
yeah M,,, when you come to the N.Y. area bring a bike and 2 helmets.
Old 10-03-12, 03:57 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Isn't it a felony if she committed a hit and run???

more reason to have a dash cam now
Old 10-04-12, 01:22 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by mehran888
Amen to that! That woman who hit me now saying that I hit her and it was 100% my fault. lol....If I hit her car, why she did not report to police and ran away...is she a saint? Lol..As much as i want my baby to go back to oldself, I want her to pay for her actions more...I hate those kind of people who dont have respect or dont care about other person's stuff.
Old 10-04-12, 01:23 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Isn't it a felony if she committed a hit and run???

more reason to have a dash cam now
I thought so too and asked about it to the cops. They told me I was lucky enough to get her plate number...well..
Old 10-04-12, 01:33 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yeah M,,, when you come to the N.Y. area bring a bike and 2 helmets.
Bring baseball bat and pepper spray too....You never know...One time, I was with my old car maxima. I went to walgreen to buy some stuff and when I came back to the car, one middle age dude was peeing on my freaking left front wheel...Those kind of people, you would need baseball bat and pepper spray!

I only wish my work would move to NJ...I have moved to NJ from NY like 6 months ago and soo happy in NJ..Bad thing is I still have to go to NY with my car sometimes.
Old 10-04-12, 02:27 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

did you ensure she is charged with hit and run?

If not please have the woman charged with hit and run. The reason people do this is because they think they can get away with it. We need more stories of peoples neighbours, friends, family members being charged with hit and run, so people finally realize this is not a good idea.

I would call the Assistant DA and request to press charges.
Old 10-04-12, 07:26 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by *Batman*
did you ensure she is charged with hit and run?

If not please have the woman charged with hit and run. The reason people do this is because they think they can get away with it. We need more stories of peoples neighbours, friends, family members being charged with hit and run, so people finally realize this is not a good idea.

I would call the Assistant DA and request to press charges.
I asked the cops about the options I could do since she ran off, police told me I was lucky enough to get license plate number. Not sure she would get charge with hit and ran though. Right now she is denying totally that I hit her car....lol..her lies dont make sense. I hit her car and she did not call police or insurance when it happened. I called police and let my insurance know about accident as soon as it happened and when the cops came, she left her car already, She doesnt even have pictures or anything, I am waiting for police report right now. She cant get away with this. If she got away somehow, I have decided to sue her personally.
Old 10-04-12, 11:12 PM
Mojo122
Driver

I'm sure that laws vary somewhat state to state, but hopefully you have her for leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage. That and I hope she has insurance. In any case your insurance company shouldn't hold this against you.
Old 10-05-12, 02:54 PM
Splashman
Driver School Candidate

It's amazing that you are not given a definitive answer on whether she will be charged or not. Since you called from the scene of the accident that involved damage and she didn't stay there to give her information she committed a crime in most states that I know of. I've lived in and held driver's licenses in 6 states over the past 25 years and it's a crime to leave the scene of an accident in each of them. You have evidence of the accident. You have evidence that she was involved. It seems she admits to being involved. She definitely left the scene of the accident and provided no information. That is a crime she should be charged with.

Quick Reply: Hit and ran by a woman!!!