GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Got bored,, couple of random pics of my 4GS

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-12, 07:02 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

I think it looks...alright, although I'm a little curious as to why you use three commas instead of one?
Old 10-07-12, 07:22 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts

I think the car looks great. And better yet, all the mods everyone else is doing give me more ideas to do things to mine once the time comes.

So far though, the only thing on the list that is an almost definite yes is the Skipper kit. I'm still waiting for some rims that I really like. My plan is to use mine until these all-seasons wear down, and then get new rims and summer rubber and put winters on the F-Sport rims.

Syd: I decided to hold off on the hardbody. In a couple of weeks I'm going to take a 3 day weekend and park my car at the cottage and put on 2-3 coats of Jetseal with one of wax. I'm going to see how I fare over the winter and then make the call on whether hardbody is for me or not. I'm worried what hardbody will to do the glimmer/flakes in my red paint. As for yours though, I think it makes the car look nice and wet. But like you said, some of the paint shimmer might be lost, right?
Old 10-07-12, 07:27 PM
GtiB
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bradtopp
What matters is you like it since it is your car.
Exactly ! enjoy ur ride mate ! i was just saying my opinion btw !
Old 10-07-12, 09:57 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
I think it looks...alright, although I'm a little curious as to why you use three commas instead of one?
i don't know T it's just something i do.
Old 10-07-12, 10:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mehran888
I think the car looks great. And better yet, all the mods everyone else is doing give me more ideas to do things to mine once the time comes.

So far though, the only thing on the list that is an almost definite yes is the Skipper kit. I'm still waiting for some rims that I really like. My plan is to use mine until these all-seasons wear down, and then get new rims and summer rubber and put winters on the F-Sport rims.

Syd: I decided to hold off on the hardbody. In a couple of weeks I'm going to take a 3 day weekend and park my car at the cottage and put on 2-3 coats of Jetseal with one of wax. I'm going to see how I fare over the winter and then make the call on whether hardbody is for me or not. I'm worried what hardbody will to do the glimmer/flakes in my red paint. As for yours though, I think it makes the car look nice and wet. But like you said, some of the paint shimmer might be lost, right?
thanx for the comp M. and no... the HardBody will not compromise your gloss it will in fact add a lot more and your glass flakes will really POP.
Old 10-07-12, 10:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

the negative comments are cool, criticism is something we are all subject to. some like, some don't. it won't change the way i feel about my decision nor will it cause me to second guess myself. i appreciate all the replies, it means you're reading and replying to the posts on CL and that's what a forum is about and CL is one of the best.
Old 10-08-12, 12:01 AM
Maseroche
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it that the silver wheels look good. Not that i would do that to mine, but it's a subtle change that's only visible to those who know that this model comes with the dark wheels.
Old 10-08-12, 06:50 AM
Splashman
Driver School Candidate

I for one thinks it looks outstanding. It retains the original wheel design while dynamically adding brightness and pop to the car overall. It seems to me that Lexus should offer the F Sport wheel in options to include a bright silver wheel. I prefer it to the gunmetal look. Although I do like the F Sport wheel as it is, your custom wheel gives your car that extra "pop" to stand out from the crowd.
Old 10-08-12, 08:46 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like alloy finish better myself, looks good buddy!
Old 10-09-12, 12:31 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

thanx DJ...
Old 10-09-12, 02:59 PM
faceman5
Driver School Candidate

looks good
Old 10-09-12, 04:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

thanx Face...
Old 10-09-12, 08:51 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
thanx,,, that means i did the right thing.
Couldn't agree with you more. I doubt you would want wheels that would appeal to someone with that kind of negative, confrontational attitude (translation: tool). BTW, I saw an Obsidian (non-F-Sport) with those wheels today in the flesh and it looked fantastic!
Old 10-10-12, 02:33 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 215 Likes on 147 Posts

Dark graphite wheels look good on lighter colors. I think black cars with dark wheels look awful.
Old 10-10-12, 03:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Dark graphite wheels look good on lighter colors. I think black cars with dark wheels look awful.
preach on True, preach on. diff strokes for diff folks. my boy has a 2012 black jag, black wheels, blacked out tails and heads, crazy dark tints everything on that car is black or blacked out. the only thing that's white are the interior lights. but that's what he likes.

Quick Reply: Got bored,, couple of random pics of my 4GS