GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Several Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-12, 11:41 PM
printscree
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Several Questions

Love the gs so far. Have gotten many random comments on how nice it is from the outside. When I show them the inside it only gets better. After driving it for several weeks, I have some questions. Hoping some members can help me out.

1. Between the menu and map button, theres an up and down button. What do they do besides zooming in and out on the map? I really feel like they didn't utilize these buttons from what I can see.

2. On the start up video, I know you can choose three. Is there anyway to add other ones, with the quality of the default ones. Plus it has three empty boxes next to it? Whats the point of those boxes.

3. How do you add a turn off video. Do you transfer something as well?

4. Every time im at the gas station, the attendant always tells me i didnt open the gas door because it doesn't pop out a little like other cars. I just tell them its open and they eventually figure it out, but its anooying .Does this happen with anyone else?? Im from jersey so we dont pump our own gas (be jealous)

5. What is cruising range?

Had a couple of other ones, but can't think of them right.
Old 10-09-12, 12:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

for number 4, i guess they haven't done enough bmw and mb. they have all gone with the same design since last few years (at least)
Old 10-09-12, 12:33 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

also for number 4, I used to live in Jersey and I hated it every time someone other than me fiddled with the fueling door/gas cap. One time someone chipped the paint near the door by "missing the hole".

for 5, I get about 350 miles between fill ups.

I'd be interested in the answers to your other questions as well.
Old 10-09-12, 12:57 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by printscree
Love the gs so far. Have gotten many random comments on how nice it is from the outside. When I show them the inside it only gets better. After driving it for several weeks, I have some questions. Hoping some members can help me out.

1. Between the menu and map button, theres an up and down button. What do they do besides zooming in and out on the map? I really feel like they didn't utilize these buttons from what I can see.

2. On the start up video, I know you can choose three. Is there anyway to add other ones, with the quality of the default ones. Plus it has three empty boxes next to it? Whats the point of those boxes.

3. How do you add a turn off video. Do you transfer something as well?

4. Every time im at the gas station, the attendant always tells me i didnt open the gas door because it doesn't pop out a little like other cars. I just tell them its open and they eventually figure it out, but its anooying .Does this happen with anyone else?? Im from jersey so we dont pump our own gas (be jealous)

5. What is cruising range?

Had a couple of other ones, but can't think of them right.
1) You can use them to scroll songs from Bluetooth, iPod, scroll through contacts, radio preset lists, and settings menus.
2) I don't think you are able to upload videos but you can upload 3 personal pictures via the USB port. There is a specific folder and file location you must follow, I don't know it off hand though.
Old 10-09-12, 05:51 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

For cruising range, multiply your gas mileage (I get 24-25 MPG) times the fuel tank capacity, 17.5 gallons.
Old 10-09-12, 07:15 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

for some strange reason... i like to pump my own gas. cruising range is how many miles you have left until you run out of el-gaso. there's always a couple of gallons left if you completely run out, i believe we have a reserve tank in there somewhere i'm not sure. the lowest my cruising range has been is 25.
Old 10-09-12, 07:50 AM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get the ****tiest gas mileage, anyone give me any tips, when i fill up i get 230 or something.
Old 10-09-12, 10:57 AM
j2theIzzle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kdsr123
I get the ****tiest gas mileage, anyone give me any tips, when i fill up i get 230 or something.
WTF me too, how the hell do ya'll get up to 350?
Old 10-09-12, 12:25 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by j2theIzzle
i asked myself the same question, although i think he meant 250 instead of 350. unless he modified the gas tank
Old 10-09-12, 01:47 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i asked myself the same question, although i think he meant 250 instead of 350. unless he modified the gas tank
25MPG times 17 gallons equals 425 miles, with half a gallon in reserve.
Old 10-09-12, 02:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,955 Posts

If the readout is anything like all the other Lexus vehicles I've had, low range is because low overall mileage which is what the computer uses to calculate range. If you unplug the battery for a few minutes it will reset and show the proper range. Ever notice how after a long highway trip when you fill up your range is higher? Thats why.
Old 10-09-12, 06:40 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by j2theIzzle
I upshift at 1800 - 2000 rpm in Eco mode.
Old 10-09-12, 09:11 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
for number 4, i guess they haven't done enough bmw and mb. they have all gone with the same design since last few years (at least)
They actually had this feature a very long time back i had this back in 03 in my clk 55 vert. That like 10 years ago
Old 10-10-12, 07:07 PM
jmarias
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pretty much getting between 301 and 308 per tank judging by the cruising range indicator. Will bump to 318 to 320 if I am really using the highways.

To add on to the Q&A about the up/down buttons... I have about 20 gig of music on a USB stick. The up/down are not only useful in scrolling through artists/albums/songs, they are nearly indispensable!
Old 10-10-12, 07:18 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jmarias
Pretty much getting between 301 and 308 per tank judging by the cruising range indicator. Will bump to 318 to 320 if I am really using the highways.

To add on to the Q&A about the up/down buttons... I have about 20 gig of music on a USB stick. The up/down are not only useful in scrolling through artists/albums/songs, they are nearly indispensable!
On the topic of USB and music, does the music on the flash drive have to be in a specific folder to be readable by the car? I can't seem to get the car to recognize the music on it.

Quick Reply: Several Questions