GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4th Gen population

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-12, 10:43 PM
matt2421
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 4th Gen population

So i have to admit, one of my favorite things about my 4th Gen 350 is that there are so few of them out there. I live in the DC area and i cant go to the corner store without seeing half a dozen BMW's, blahhhh. I have had my car since May and i have seen a total of 3 other 4th gen 350's in the DC area. I need to caveat that i am an IT consultant so i spend about 2 weeks a month on the road. With that said, i have seen only two other 4th Gen 350s while on the road, one in Chicago and one was in the valet line at Caesars in Vegas. So, in 6 months, i have seen a total of 5 other 4th Gen 350s in the wild. I bring this up only because i am currently in the Dallas area, Plano, and i have seen 5, 4th Gens in the last 4 days including one pretty sick White Fsport and one black luxury package. I own a black on black luxury package and i think she is absolutely gorgeous, but i see her all the time. Now this black lux package i saw in Plano was all stock, but man she was so pretty, i couldnt take my eyes off of her. Made me miss my baby sitting in the garage at home and then reality hit me as I felt like crap riding around in my rental Ford Taurus. Anyway, whats the deal with all the 4th Gens in Dallas? Was the dealership giving them away? Not that 5 in 4 days is alot in comparison to anything german, but it seemed like alot to me.
Old 10-13-12, 09:53 AM
C6Driver
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the in San Jose (about 50 miles south of SF) and haved not seen too many of Gen 4 GSs. In the last 6 months, I probably have seen about 10.
I just purchased a Nebula Gray Luxury with light gray interior on Wednesday and am quite happy with it. I did have a 2000 GS for the last 12 years and it served me well that when it came to time to look for a new car, the new GS was on the list to look at. The Jaguar XF came a close second but I didn't want to wait for another 30-45 days for the new turbo 4 or surper-charged 6 cylinder to come out. The loyalty promotion and the US Open voucher sealed the deal.
Old 10-13-12, 10:25 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 467 Likes on 289 Posts

Same area as C6 and have only seen a handful of 4GS on the road. Heck I may have even seen him on the road lol

I don't have mine yet, but hoping to join in the next few months (it's on order).
Old 10-13-12, 10:07 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by matt2421
So i have to admit, one of my favorite things about my 4th Gen 350 is that there are so few of them out there. I live in the DC area and i cant go to the corner store without seeing half a dozen BMW's, blahhhh. I have had my car since May and i have seen a total of 3 other 4th gen 350's in the DC area. I need to caveat that i am an IT consultant so i spend about 2 weeks a month on the road. With that said, i have seen only two other 4th Gen 350s while on the road, one in Chicago and one was in the valet line at Caesars in Vegas. So, in 6 months, i have seen a total of 5 other 4th Gen 350s in the wild. I bring this up only because i am currently in the Dallas area, Plano, and i have seen 5, 4th Gens in the last 4 days including one pretty sick White Fsport and one black luxury package. I own a black on black luxury package and i think she is absolutely gorgeous, but i see her all the time. Now this black lux package i saw in Plano was all stock, but man she was so pretty, i couldnt take my eyes off of her. Made me miss my baby sitting in the garage at home and then reality hit me as I felt like crap riding around in my rental Ford Taurus. Anyway, whats the deal with all the 4th Gens in Dallas? Was the dealership giving them away? Not that 5 in 4 days is alot in comparison to anything german, but it seemed like alot to me.
Maybe because Sewell Lexus in Dallas is one of the largest dealers in the country? I live in Dallas and was in Plano today so you missed my LP F-Sport. Anywho, I've seen quite a few GS's in Dallas and I don't commute, except to the airport. There is an Obsidian F-Sport in my general neighborhood, I've seen a white F-Sport, and I've seen several others in various guises as well. Quite a few of them here.
Old 10-14-12, 06:47 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

I know there are a few people on the forum with the 4GS in Toronto, but I've only seen a handful as well. The only one I see regularly is parked in a lot I drive by on my way home. Aside from that, I've only had two other spottings (one on the highway in a city nearby), and one parked in a lot at a mall.

That being said, I don't drive to Thornhill, Richmond Hill, etc much - there tend to be more Japanese luxury cars up there.

On a related note, I didn't drive my 4GS downtown for dinner last night (the carseat was in my wife's car, and generally I don't like parking downtown unless I have to). We went out for dinner, and based on the cars parked in the 'valet' up front, I had a good chance of being one of them. The other three were a Maserati, my dad's CLS550 and a C63. Since none of those cars were out front when I showed up, I wonder how they would have played it between my car and the C63. There was only room for three cars out front.
Old 10-15-12, 09:10 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I live in South Fla and just saw four 4GS's in the span of 15 minutes (2 f-sport and 2 lux). A week usually goes by without me seeing any. I think today is going to be a good !
Old 10-15-12, 09:54 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

where are they? i've seen 5 maybe 6 since February, and only 2 were F-Sports. although i do see alot of 2nd and 3rd gen. gs cars on damn near every block.
Old 10-15-12, 10:22 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

In South Florida I see at least 2-3 every day.

Most dealers in this region are STILL pushing the 4GS in high volume, working for a dealership I actually see a lot of people with competitive brands come in and trade for the 4GS.

Last week someone traded in a fairly new M37 S for a GS F Sport and another customer traded an F10 5 Series for a GS350 w/ Luxury package
Old 10-15-12, 01:48 PM
maxwebr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C6Driver
I live in the in San Jose (about 50 miles south of SF) and haved not seen too many of Gen 4 GSs. In the last 6 months, I probably have seen about 10.
I just purchased a Nebula Gray Luxury with light gray interior on Wednesday and am quite happy with it. I did have a 2000 GS for the last 12 years and it served me well that when it came to time to look for a new car, the new GS was on the list to look at. The Jaguar XF came a close second but I didn't want to wait for another 30-45 days for the new turbo 4 or surper-charged 6 cylinder to come out. The loyalty promotion and the US Open voucher sealed the deal.
Well you can see my White F-Sport driving around Fremont and up in the east bay (Dublin/Pleasanton). I have not seen too many either.. Makes me feel rather special for now
Old 11-10-12, 06:11 PM
xyzstudio
Rookie

yes that was one of reason to get mine !!!