GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Changing to L.E.D Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-12, 07:04 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Changing to L.E.D Lights

Anyone have any DIY's or advice on changing the front/rear turn signal bulbs, and reverse light bulbs? I bought all LED's and recently saw another thread on here about someone changing these out, but didn't understand exactly what or how it was removed. I'd eventually like to change those cheap puddle lights and trunk light as well.
Old 10-16-12, 10:25 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[QUOTE=Mi1lion;7544789]Anyone have any DIY's or advice on changing the front/rear turn signal bulbs, and reverse light bulbs? I bought all LED's and recently saw another thread on here about someone changing these out, but didn't understand exactly what or how it was removed. I'd eventually like to change those cheap puddle lights and trunk light as well.[/QUOTE

Front and Rear turn turn signals I would not touch it, the rears are LED are part of ur taillight, u can change ur reverse one only , it very easy, just pop the 2 clipsd off the cover and u will see a socket, twist and take it out, and ur done.I know the fronts u have to take a headlight out if I am not wrong.good luck.
Old 10-16-12, 11:08 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok well the two reverse lights are part of the whole light assembly right? So would I have to remove the trunk lid liner in order to get to the back? I know that there's 2 black nuts on either side, but when I took them off the light assembly (just on the trunk lid) didn't budge which led me to believe I have to get on the backside of the liner. Does anyone know how to remove those weird plastic button/clips. I didn't want to go prying on something and it break off. Do you have to squeeze and pull or do something special to them. I know that when I had my R1 you pushed the centers of the clips in, then pull them out. But these buttons have indentations on either side, as if there supposed to be squeezed while pulling.
Old 10-16-12, 01:14 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
Ok well the two reverse lights are part of the whole light assembly right? So would I have to remove the trunk lid liner in order to get to the back? I know that there's 2 black nuts on either side, but when I took them off the light assembly (just on the trunk lid) didn't budge which led me to believe I have to get on the backside of the liner. Does anyone know how to remove those weird plastic button/clips. I didn't want to go prying on something and it break off. Do you have to squeeze and pull or do something special to them. I know that when I had my R1 you pushed the centers of the clips in, then pull them out. But these buttons have indentations on either side, as if there supposed to be squeezed while pulling.
The trunk lid liner need to be removed to access the backup light, Require a clip/panel remove tool to pull all the clip out. The tool can be find at any parts shop and cheap. Or you can just find anything to pry it off, it's just plastic clip and won't break. If it does you can get a replacement at part department for free.