GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My F sport Problems (Need Suggestion)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-12, 07:56 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

wow... i looked at the pics on photo bucket. do you know how much a professional detailer is going to charge to fix that? and you can not polish a clear bra which means it has to be replaced. who are these people??? keep everything documented, keep all your pics. you're good because my patience would not have allowed me to keep my hands to myself. no luck with the GM ? who owns the place? he's probably a bigger POS than the rest of them. you have to stay on LC... constantly, have they sent anyone from corporate to see you? they can't get away with this. you didn't buy an iPod or coffee maker you bought an expensive vehicle which is an investment, not something you take home and put in a draw and forget about it. Better Business, put them on blast with the news stations, get a lawyer. you can't except this, it's crazy. your paint is trashed. whatever you do make sure no money comes out of your pocket. find another lexus dealer for the repairs (a good dealer) and don't let lexus detail your car they're just going to cover up the damage with polish and wax. a pro detailer has to repair your paint. please keep us posted on your decision and what they are going to do to make it right.
Old 12-07-12, 12:04 AM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
wow... i looked at the pics on photo bucket. do you know how much a professional detailer is going to charge to fix that? and you can not polish a clear bra which means it has to be replaced. who are these people??? keep everything documented, keep all your pics. you're good because my patience would not have allowed me to keep my hands to myself. no luck with the GM ? who owns the place? he's probably a bigger POS than the rest of them. you have to stay on LC... constantly, have they sent anyone from corporate to see you? they can't get away with this. you didn't buy an iPod or coffee maker you bought an expensive vehicle which is an investment, not something you take home and put in a draw and forget about it. Better Business, put them on blast with the news stations, get a lawyer. you can't except this, it's crazy. your paint is trashed. whatever you do make sure no money comes out of your pocket. find another lexus dealer for the repairs (a good dealer) and don't let lexus detail your car they're just going to cover up the damage with polish and wax. a pro detailer has to repair your paint. please keep us posted on your decision and what they are going to do to make it right.
Yeah bro I have a good friend who Lexus paid 500 dollars to get this out . He does paint correction on the side very well known by many here in Houston ! After spending 7 hours on it . He told me that the car would never be the same . I have tried to see the GM and the furthest that I have got was to the sales manager . They pretty much all have been treating me like **** as if all these problems are my fault ... My next step is for sure the news stations here and a lawyer. I will keep you posted for sure !
Old 12-07-12, 12:59 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You should contact the BBB & State attorney general office. A phone call to lemon lawyer office wouldn't hurt your case anymore. Let the lawyer deal with Lexus. Definitely Lexus need buy back your car or exchange for a brand new one. Paint repair won't restore your GS back to original.
Old 12-07-12, 04:26 AM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by onexcite
You should contact the BBB & State attorney general office. A phone call to lemon lawyer office wouldn't hurt your case anymore. Let the lawyer deal with Lexus. Definitely Lexus need buy back your car or exchange for a brand new one. Paint repair won't restore your GS back to original.
I am going to do that today .. Thanks man !
Old 12-07-12, 07:33 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Good luck with this. Sorry to hear...
Old 12-07-12, 11:19 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Sorry to hear. I would email and tell them I will call the local news channel. There's usually one in each town that wants to do this type of story to protect consumers. I would keep all conversation in writing if possible. Or you can start your phone to record before you go in to see them. If you tell the news channel, usually they will investigate but if you show them your proofs, they would be more than willing to do. They want to do this for their business too. That usually will get you what you want. BBB is great too. I had BBB solve my problem in the past. I'm too sure if I would want to go with lawyers. They usually charge you a fee for consultation. Then you may have to spend more time with them. Best of luck!
My sale went well but after sale by the service department is not that great. My tint had bubbles (not big but you can see them) all except one window. I brought it back in to have it replaced. When I came in to pick up the car, it was dark, so I trusted them. The next morning to my surprise, they didn't really replace them. They might have used something to "iron" them out. Needless to say the bubbles were still there. On top of that they left white dust all over inside. Outside they didn't even clean their mess. Finger marks all over the place. My saleman was great and he asked me to bring it back so they could fix but the thought about them being mad and do some other crazy things that I don't know/see hesitates me. I think I can live the the tiny bubble for now.
Old 12-07-12, 01:11 PM
James5
Driver School Candidate

I see you are in TX...what dealership? This is all unacceptable, imo.

Nevermind...I saw that you're in Houston. I deal with Sewell in Dallas and their customer service is almost too good, if that's possible. They are stellar and I spent a little more money to buy from them because they are so good.

Last edited by James5; 12-07-12 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-06-13, 05:28 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Any update on this? Curious on the resolution.
Old 01-06-13, 05:38 PM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HUSKERnKS
Any update on this? Curious on the resolution.
Actually as of Thursday I was put in a brand new White with Cabernet interior ! Took months but finally the issue was solved !
Old 01-06-13, 06:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Azplaya25
Actually as of Thursday I was put in a brand new White with Cabernet interior ! Took months but finally the issue was solved !
now that's what i'm talking about. it was the right thing to do and the only solution IMO. congratz.
Old 01-06-13, 07:00 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i am willing to bet that your prior f sport shows up on ebay...
Old 01-06-13, 07:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Do yourself a favor...and never let that dealership touch your car again...
Old 01-06-13, 07:13 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I personally hate north side Lexus, I suggest you go to the sister dealer westside. They might be owned by the same people but westside is way better. I have experiences both. You can conta t fox26 they have a segment for consumer issues.
Old 01-06-13, 07:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

His pictures after the dealer buffing should teach everybody a lesson. DO NOT let the dealer polish your vehicle. I don't even let dealers wash my vehicles. When I used to detail cars we saw brand new cars hacked like this by dealer "detailers" all the time. I have literally seen dealer staff wash cars with big wide floor push brooms. Not kidding. They don't want to pay for good detailers.

If you have some issue and the dealer offers to buff it out for you, ask for a free service or something or a check to defray the cost of you dealing with the issue yourself.
Old 01-06-13, 11:58 PM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
now that's what i'm talking about. it was the right thing to do and the only solution IMO. congratz.
Thanks man ! It was the filed complaint to BBB and attorney general that made it happen . Not only did I get a brand new car . I also will be able to get it lowered for free once the springs come out ! Also Lexus corp is giving me a per diem for all my troubles .

Quick Reply: My F sport Problems (Need Suggestion)