GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My F sport Problems (Need Suggestion)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-12, 05:46 PM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My F sport Problems (Need Suggestion)

Ok so I have had problems with my 3 month old F sport since day one.

Sales process was not the best. They deposited my downpayment before car was delivered and stated they wouldn't until I received car!

1) Defect in the back seat behind the passenger.The stitching is pull from within and it cause a 2 inch indention. Lexus wanted to re upholstery the seat however could not confirm that it would fixed the problem.

2) UsB connection issues. I have two different ipods and my iphone 4s all updated and when I enter car I always get the audio off display. I have been to dealership and they state its my ipods and iphone. Also used one of the ipods in the loaner and it worked fine.

3)Gas door would not shut properly with out me messing with the rubber piece inside of the door. Issue has been fixed as of today.11-7-2012

4) My dash from pickup had some type of defect but was fixed by leather guy at dealership.

5) I had some scratches on car on delivery.

Today I picked up my car and once again more scratches from techs plus Usb port is still not working right! 11-7-2012

So this is what they want to do for me .

Option 1 get my 30,000 mile maintenance Free

Option 2 They will lower my car for me once lowering spring are release for Free.

Should i be happy with any of these options ..What would you guys do?

Thanks Az

Last edited by Azplaya25; 11-07-12 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-07-12, 06:43 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you were given 2 options free of charge. however your existing problems are still there. tell them to KYA and report them to Lexus Corporate. call LC and tell them you want these problems fixed ASAP. **** the free lowering springs, **** the 30,000 mile free maintenance... they have got to be kidding. i'm curious what they've done to other customers with problems. speak to the GM, SM, FM and the owner of the dealership, whoever you have to speak with to get it done.
Old 11-07-12, 08:23 PM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

I agree with sydtoosic.
Old 11-08-12, 02:45 AM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
I agree with sydtoosic.
Thanks guys I will contact Lexus corp today with these issues . Plus get in touch with dealership owner , sales manger, and Genral manager ..
Old 11-08-12, 05:21 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

F Sport upholstery is factory fitted in Japan. There is no way ur local dealers can guarantee to mend it back to original condition! If it's me i will not even accept the car until they replaced it with a brand new 1!
Old 11-10-12, 12:45 PM
xyzstudio
Rookie

yes call the lexus corp. u should get the problem resolved, as long as get the problem to corp. even the dealer u purchase the car from wont take care of it, other dealer will,the corp will put the pressure to the dealer u purchase from, GM to service manager.

my personal expri. i used to have a audi a5 2 yeaR ago, i had problem with driver seat after 3 month later, 3 dealers i went , told me i need to re upholstery out of my pocket, after i called corp.
the dealer i purchased the car from which not around my area call me and offer me a loaner for a week and flatbed pickin up my car back to dealer to get fix. without paying a penny.

Originally Posted by Azplaya25

Sales process was not the best. They deposited my downpayment before car was delivered and stated they wouldn't until I received car!

1) Defect in the back seat behind the passenger.The stitching is pull from within and it cause a 2 inch indention. Lexus wanted to re upholstery the seat however could not confirm that it would fixed the problem.

2) UsB connection issues. I have two different ipods and my iphone 4s all updated and when I enter car I always get the audio off display. I have been to dealership and they state its my ipods and iphone. Also used one of the ipods in the loaner and it worked fine.

3)Gas door would not shut properly with out me messing with the rubber piece inside of the door. Issue has been fixed as of today.11-7-2012

4) My dash from pickup had some type of defect but was fixed by leather guy at dealership.

Today I picked up my car and once again more scratches from techs plus Usb port is still not working right! 11-7-2012

Option 2 They will lower my car for me once lowering spring are release for Free.

Thanks Az
Old 11-10-12, 06:26 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Azplaya25

3)Gas door would not shut properly with out me messing with the rubber piece inside of the door. Issue has been fixed as of today.11-7-201

Thanks Az

Which Texas dealer are you using? Are you in Dallas?
Old 11-11-12, 06:12 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by noncom23
Which Texas dealer are you using? Are you in Dallas?
I would like to know what dealership you are dealing with too. PM me if you don't want to publish their name. I can recommend an excellent dealership in Dallas that will try their best to resolve your problems.
Old 11-11-12, 09:01 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
I would like to know what dealership you are dealing with too. PM me if you don't want to publish their name. I can recommend an excellent dealership in Dallas that will try their best to resolve your problems.
Yes, Sewell will take really good care of you. If you dealt with Park Place in Plano, good luck!
Old 11-12-12, 04:07 AM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Northside Lexus in Houston Texas .. I have a meeting with SM and GM this week .. I will keep you guys updated . I am to the point that I am about to drop the car off and walk away until they replace it . Corp was also contacted on these issues ! Thanks guys for the replies !
Old 11-12-12, 04:26 AM
JayRo354
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put that dealership on the spot. They are supposed to do pre-checks on the car before turning it over to you;- and they took your money for a new car. If they can't fix it they should give you another car and deal with the problems themselves instead of trying to stretch every ounce of your patience. This dealership is giving you a bad buyers experience for sure.
Old 11-12-12, 05:34 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Yes, Sewell will take really good care of you. If you dealt with Park Place in Plano, good luck!
Yep, Sewell of Dallas is great. They would take good care of him if he was in the Dallas area.
Old 12-06-12, 07:04 PM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Default Am I being ****?

So on 11-12-2012 I posted that my Dealership Northside Lexus in Houston Texas was giving me problems . Here is a little up date after picking up car it had two large SCRATCHES plus Dent cause by there techs there . The service manager then told me to bring car back and they would take them out. HERE IS WHAT THE THE DEALERSHIP DID to my MY 4 MONTH OLD CAR AT THE TIME IT WAS 3 MONTHS .

http://s1145.beta.photobucket.com/us...aya35/library/

So I take it in to get my 5k Service and I am approached by the service manager yesterday 12-5-2012 and he states lets take it to the back to do a walk thru under UV lighting to see if there is any damage to car before they start work. He also gets the Director of repairs also and they did a 20 min walk thru. WHAT A HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE BY THE WAY ! SUCH A INSULT! I felt like i was getting investigated by the police for a crime !Is as if they are trying to say i am cause the damage. I have been in contact with corp and they are in the middle of a investigation ! I am so Frustrated with dealership on the way they have treated me.

So today 12-6-2012 i pick up my car and my entire front clear bra is totally Scratched up !! WFT

http://s1145.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1

Not sure what else to do at this point ..
Old 12-06-12, 07:14 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

that sucks bro, I feel bad for u, I would rip them a new *** for that.u should keep on calling corporate headquarters and ***** at them until they take care of it. good luck bud.
Old 12-06-12, 07:21 PM
Azplaya25
Driver School Candidate

Default More pics

Back seat defect !!

http://s1145.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

Dent cause by Dealership!

http://s1145.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1

Quick Reply: My F sport Problems (Need Suggestion)