GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pictures simply do not do our cars justice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-12, 11:39 AM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures simply do not do our cars justice.

I just wanted to say that.

I have been spending so much time researching and looking at photos of our cars lately, that I have forgotten to just step back and take a look at my own.

With all of this drop spring confusion, and debating on wheels, I have been completely distracted.
Last night though, I parked the car under a street light, walked away from it, and turned around...
What a gorgeous car.

The first time I saw the 4gs, I did not really like it. The first time I sat in the 4gs, I began to consider it. Needless to say, the outer styling grew on me.
Now, I feel it has transformed from a car I was fighting to understand, design wise, to a car that is unexpected in many ways but makes perfect sense while still being very unique.

I mean I am still going to wait until I find the perfect drop. I am still going to be as picky as possible before deciding on a wheel. I am still going to be incredibly excited at the thought of my car lowered on nice set...
But, in the mean time, I am going to keep looking at my car.
It surprises me every time.

Pictures just do not do it justice.
Old 11-16-12, 12:10 PM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its so true. Nothing looks better then in person with your own eyes!
Old 11-16-12, 01:39 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bentleymp2
The first time I saw the 4gs, I did not really like it. The first time I sat in the 4gs, I began to consider it. Needless to say, the outer styling grew on me.
Now, I feel it has transformed from a car I was fighting to understand, design wise, to a car that is unexpected in many ways but makes perfect sense while still being very unique.
^Very nicely written. And so true. There are subtleties to the 4GS design that get overlooked.
Old 11-16-12, 02:04 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have been spending so much time researching and looking at photos of our cars lately, that I have forgotten to just step back and take a look at my own.

With all of this drop spring confusion, and debating on wheels, I have been completely distracted.
Last night though, I parked the car under a street light, walked away from it, and turned around...
What a gorgeous car.

I mean I am still going to wait until I find the perfect drop. I am still going to be as picky as possible before deciding on a wheel. I am still going to be incredibly excited at the thought of my car lowered on nice set...
But, in the mean time, I am going to keep looking at my car.
It surprises me every time.

Pictures just do not do it justice.
I couldn't agree more. I see more beauty in it every day!
Old 11-16-12, 04:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i just went outside to smoke (cigarettes... my only bad habit) and the whole time i was looking at my car, saying to myself "that is a sexy *** car". you really can't capture the sexiness of the car with pictures. BTW...i don't smoke in my house or my car.
Old 11-16-12, 07:02 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

I felt in love with it first time I laid eyes on it in January of this year... I got my first one in 3rd week of February, got the second one in March and traded the first one in for the 3rd custom ordered options. Sold the second one about two months ago to my uncle and my 4th 4GS fully loaded custom ordered SP in on the water... Cant wait.
Old 11-16-12, 08:02 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

I do think this picture captures the beauty of my car doing what it does best... Hauling ***.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures simply do not do our cars justice.-gs-fsport-driving.jpg  
Old 11-16-12, 10:57 PM
Maseroche
Driver

It's definitely one of those designs that sneak up on you.
Old 11-17-12, 03:18 AM
rlj4246
Pole Position

I'm still not sure about the front end. Love the car in spite of that and I must say it is growing on me now. Sometimes I just go out in my garage and just sit there and admire it.
Old 11-17-12, 07:41 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Agree. We have a 3GS in the family and I was disappointed to first see the 4GS. But after sitting inside the car and driving it, it totally changed my view and in a way the 3GS looks outdated to me now when I see it. Not so much a fan of the exterior but it has grown in me too. On the other hand, if you have not done already, buy a good camera, read some books and also learn how to use photoshop, you'll be amazed what the camera can see. I'm still learning and browsing through photo forums to pick up tips from them. It's one of my hobbies.
Old 11-17-12, 09:20 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

sorry. there is no comparison, the 4gs is definitely better in every way than the 3gs. not sure who would think otherwise. kind of like the owners of the 1st gx saying they like that better than the 2nd gx460. Again, the newer gx is better
Old 11-17-12, 09:34 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

i was expecting pics of your car

post em up!
Old 11-18-12, 07:35 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by T4Fun
sorry. there is no comparison, the 4gs is definitely better in every way than the 3gs. not sure who would think otherwise. kind of like the owners of the 1st gx saying they like that better than the 2nd gx460. Again, the newer gx is better
I was coming out of a restaurant today and there was a silver 3GS parked next to my Liquid Platinum 4GS. On a stand-alone basis, I still think the 3GS is an attractive car, but parked next to the 4GS it paled in comparison. The strong shoulder character lines in the 4GS, the staggered 19" wheels and the much brighter silver made the 3GS look pretty dated.