GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Finally pics of my car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-12, 09:49 PM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Don't do that. It's clear these are not the best looking chrome wheels. There are way better chrome wheels out there. The chrome Maya GT5's I had on my old SC took a back seat to no wheel.
This particular wheel is not representative of what the car could really look like with the right set of chromies.
I was simply trying to follow the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" rule of thumb, but like usual, I still wanted to say something. I completely agree with you, although there isn't a specific wheel that every car should have, there certainly are ones that look better on certain cars than others.

But at the end of the day, customizing a car is a reflection on your identity, what you like, and what your interests are. It's not always going to be what everyone else likes or there wouldn't be so many options.
Old 11-26-12, 10:23 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the car looks great. Not fond of the wheels but if thats what you like? that's what matter's.
Old 11-27-12, 05:58 AM
automaticj
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes several of us so it's ok - those wheels are going. Already for sale. I'm a chrome/black freak and bought those wheels quick. Not realizing how they'd look cause ya never really know until they are on unless someone else has same set up....

Either way ill be getting a newer nicer set after winter!

Thanks for the compliments and criticisms
Old 11-27-12, 09:00 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by automaticj
That makes several of us so it's ok - those wheels are going. Already for sale. I'm a chrome/black freak and bought those wheels quick. Not realizing how they'd look cause ya never really know until they are on unless someone else has same set up....

Either way ill be getting a newer nicer set after winter!

Thanks for the compliments and criticisms
you are very welcome AJ. take a pic of the wheels you are thinking about installing with a good pic of the car (side view) and post it in the Photoshop forum so the PS Gurus can do their magic and you can see whether or not if those are the wheels for you and your new baby. post just the wheel and then post a good side view of the car and the PS Gurus will make it do what it do.
Old 11-27-12, 09:28 AM
automaticj
Rookie

Awesome. That's a great idea. Thanks - I still haven't found much that I like... I love the vossen wheels but want chrome....
Old 11-27-12, 03:41 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for handling the cristism with a good attitude. =)
Old 11-27-12, 05:32 PM
automaticj
Rookie

Haha. I knew I didn't like the wheels a day after I got em.... It's all good! I just need ideas for better ones.
Old 11-27-12, 07:00 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

what's your price range???
Old 11-27-12, 07:06 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

those wheels are ghetto as hell, lol. why would you do that to a new lexus? let alone that the oem wheels look better
Old 11-27-12, 09:08 PM
automaticj
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
what's your price range???
Anything as long as I like it. Not 10k or anything crazy. But reasonable - if I had to put a limit. Probably up to 5-6k
Old 11-28-12, 12:45 AM
SUPRAboy80
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nexson
Sorry to say this, the car looks great, the wheels look horrible. Cheapens the car up. Put the stock wheels back on
I second this motion!!!
Old 11-28-12, 01:50 AM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by automaticj
Anything as long as I like it. Not 10k or anything crazy. But reasonable - if I had to put a limit. Probably up to 5-6k
If you are in that price range, throw chrome out the window, and get into a set of machined/brushed aluminum finish multipiece forged wheels. You will never look back. A silver machined wheel with a chrome or high polish lip will give you the shine you desire but in a tasteful way that will not only be noticed, provide a great contrast with the black paint, but will also scream class. Yes, "class" can scream!

Look into vip modular or d2 forged. Price with tires may exceed your price, but you will get a good idea of what, in my opinion, you should be shooting for. Also, drop the car.

Best of luck!
Old 11-28-12, 05:14 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what rims are these?
Old 11-28-12, 05:38 AM
Evoaz92
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you like the rims f*** what everyone else says, but what i recommend is to get coilovers and lower the car a little bit more so it makes the rim flush and would looks alot nicer
Old 11-28-12, 06:24 AM
automaticj
Rookie

Yeah u want to do the inch drop - and trust me if I liked em I'd voice it... They looked cheap from day 1 to me. At some angles they look good. Most angles don't. -- to the other reply. I don't want machined. I want chrome or polished aluminum. Thanks

Quick Reply: Finally pics of my car!