GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-18, 06:18 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangSal
It was 3-stage machine paint corrected and then ceramic coated with Gyeon MOHS. I do a three-bucket wash, blow dry with a leaf blower, then tidy it up with a spray quick detailer (Chemical Guys Speed Wipe).
What do you use on your tires?

Looks GREAT!!!!
Old 02-28-18, 06:43 AM
OneFunGS
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
Its RaceDeck flooring tile! Love it. Lots of people in snowy/icy places have it and its super durable, you just need the mesh self draining tiles like the blue ones i have.
That isnt too bad of a price either. Can probably do my garage for ~$300
Old 02-28-18, 06:52 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 06ls430KTC
What do you use on your tires?

Looks GREAT!!!!
Thanks. I use Lucas. It’s water based (I try not to use silicone based products). Spray on medium coat. Sometimes I smooth wipe it and sometimes not. A little shiny-er if you let it setup without wiping. Just rag the rim to clean up any overspray and roll out.

Old 03-02-18, 05:43 PM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't wait for the snow to go away 😩
Old 03-03-18, 05:44 PM
Nguyenazn
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Smile

So my boss let me take off early on Saturday at 5pm so i decided to put on the front lip that i got from Ebay. I painted the lip in gunmetal color and 2 coats of clear. Here some some of the pictures i took to share with you guys !
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!-photo-mar-03-5-15-28-pm.jpg   Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!-photo-mar-03-5-15-39-pm.jpg   Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!-photo-mar-03-6-22-47-pm.jpg   Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!-photo-mar-03-7-21-33-pm.jpg   Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!-photo-mar-03-7-21-46-pm.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
gs350lex (03-04-18)
Old 03-03-18, 06:04 PM
GSRockstar
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nguyenazn
So my boss let me take off early on Saturday at 5pm so i decided to put on the front lip that i got from Ebay. I painted the lip in gunmetal color and 2 coats of clear. Here some some of the pictures i took to share with you guys !
oooh that loooks really good
Old 03-03-18, 08:25 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Nguyenazn
Nice! Love the gunmetal to black combo.
Old 03-04-18, 10:17 AM
gs350lex
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hijack this thread (don't know how to create my own thread literally just made an account lmao) but can i get some help/opinions from some fellow 4G owners. I have a 2015 lexus gs350 F sport AWD which i bought a year ago at 28,000kms and when i hit the brakes it occasionally makes this pop sound and has been doing it at least a few times a day The car has always done it since i bought the car but it never concerned me because it didn't occur as much. The brakess were OEM at the time and used to squeal here and there so I decided to replace them with Akebono's brake pads which solved the squeal but the pop is still there & the rotors were recently replaced at 43,000kms(which is the current kms on my car). I brought it to the dealership about a month ago and kept going back several times asking what this noise is (its sometimes loud sometimes just a minor pop) & they told me it was because in these cars we have spring-loaded brakes and its normal its just the brake pads moving around in the caliper. I have test driven my friends IS350 F sport (yes i know its a different car) but it never does this so I am a bit concerned as to why my car which is more expensive makes a loud pop sometimes & other times its a minor pop. It's somewhat embarrassing in traffic for a car of this price and with very low kms. I had a friend look at my calipers after this and he told me that it looked like maybe a bolt was missing but it may be normal as hes not familiar with Lexus's (he works on bmw's) and told me not to worry to much as aside from that everything seems normal. So my question to you guys is do you have this noise? Because if you don't and we have the same cars then clearly theres an issue and my Dealership may just not want to acknowledge it. I have always been good with this car and after replacing rotors prematurely out of my own pocket/dealing with the squealing pads and having to go aftermarket I am starting to get fed up with this car which I was hoping my Lexus (since it's a lexus would not give me any troubles) (this pop annoys the hell out of me).

Please help me out fellow gs350 owners and let me know what you think and sorry for the long post/hijacking your tread.
Old 03-04-18, 01:38 PM
Pacman9270
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You should use the search function or Google with "clublexus" at the end of your search. I don't hear it on mine.
Old 03-04-18, 09:58 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Couldn't decide which to post so I figured I'd just share both from earlier today

Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!-img_2867.jpg   Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!-img_2869.jpg  
Old 03-05-18, 12:55 PM
tyson1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wrong thread

Last edited by tyson1; 03-05-18 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-05-18, 07:59 PM
Nguyenazn
Pit Crew

Nice car by the way !
Old 03-06-18, 10:16 AM
SpicedRum
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350lex
Sorry to hijack this thread (don't know how to create my own thread literally just made an account lmao) but can i get some help/opinions from some fellow 4G owners. I have a 2015 lexus gs350 F sport AWD which i bought a year ago at 28,000kms and when i hit the brakes it occasionally makes this pop sound and has been doing it at least a few times a day The car has always done it since i bought the car but it never concerned me because it didn't occur as much. The brakess were OEM at the time and used to squeal here and there so I decided to replace them with Akebono's brake pads which solved the squeal but the pop is still there & the rotors were recently replaced at 43,000kms(which is the current kms on my car). I brought it to the dealership about a month ago and kept going back several times asking what this noise is (its sometimes loud sometimes just a minor pop) & they told me it was because in these cars we have spring-loaded brakes and its normal its just the brake pads moving around in the caliper. I have test driven my friends IS350 F sport (yes i know its a different car) but it never does this so I am a bit concerned as to why my car which is more expensive makes a loud pop sometimes & other times its a minor pop. It's somewhat embarrassing in traffic for a car of this price and with very low kms. I had a friend look at my calipers after this and he told me that it looked like maybe a bolt was missing but it may be normal as hes not familiar with Lexus's (he works on bmw's) and told me not to worry to much as aside from that everything seems normal. So my question to you guys is do you have this noise? Because if you don't and we have the same cars then clearly theres an issue and my Dealership may just not want to acknowledge it. I have always been good with this car and after replacing rotors prematurely out of my own pocket/dealing with the squealing pads and having to go aftermarket I am starting to get fed up with this car which I was hoping my Lexus (since it's a lexus would not give me any troubles) (this pop annoys the hell out of me).

Please help me out fellow gs350 owners and let me know what you think and sorry for the long post/hijacking your tread.
There are actually quite a few posts on this topic here. There was a known issue with the two piece brake rotors that would create popping and clicking sounds from the brakes. New rotors seemed to solve the problem which tells me the rivets between the rotor carrier and rotor itself are susceptible to excess freeplay. Scroll down through the many posts about brake noise to learn more.

Click "new thread" on the right side of the screen to post a new one.
Old 03-06-18, 02:01 PM
er34
Instructor

Received 257 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by signdetres
Couldn't decide which to post so I figured I'd just share both from earlier today

Nice car.

I hate parking beside curved curbs. Look at all those tire marks - that's $1000's worth of curb rashed rims.
Old 03-07-18, 04:56 AM
Nguyenazn
Pit Crew

The following users liked this post:
Pacman9270 (03-07-18)

Quick Reply: Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!