GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 11:53 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SoCal350: Looking good. Is that Mulholland?
Old 08-20-13, 11:54 AM
SoCal350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xclusiv
SoCal350: Looking good. Is that Mulholland?
No...Box Canyon, Woolsey, etc...various spots within those.
Old 08-27-13, 12:46 PM
mcfine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
taken this evening.. do you think I parked a little far?
Hahaha better safe than scratched up
Old 08-27-13, 04:45 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Question from a Newb. Why do some of you remove the "GS 350" from the rear of the car? I don't get it.

Another question: won't some of the mods like lowering the vehicle, skirts all around including the front, tinted windows on the side, etc., make the car more difficult to sell when the time comes? Although buying used cars is not my thing, I'm pretty sure I would never buy a modded one. Am I old-fashioned?

Last edited by Trek; 08-27-13 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-27-13, 08:21 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Trek
Question from a Newb. Why do some of you remove the "GS 350" from the rear of the car? I don't get it.

Another question: won't some of the mods like lowering the vehicle, skirts all around including the front, tinted windows on the side, etc., make the car more difficult to sell when the time comes? Although buying used cars is not my thing, I'm pretty sure I would never buy a modded one. Am I old-fashioned?
People remove the emblem for a cleaner look most of the time.
Mods can always be returned back to stock when it's time to sell. Tint doesn't hurt the resale value.
Old 08-27-13, 08:49 PM
LexFather

The story is people used to take badges off their cars when they actually had a more powerful car and they wanted to fool people in a race. elusive is also right that is lends for a cleaner look for some people.
Old 08-27-13, 08:53 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personally, I removed the GS 350 because I do not like badges in general, especially chrome ones. I chose to leave the Lexus badge for brand recognition and the fact that I love the 'L." Some people dont realize my car is a Lexus because of what I did to it. I did black the "L" out, however. Stealth look

I think I am in the minority here because I actually purchased (versus lease) my GS because I plan to have this bad boy around a long time, no resale plans for me. I think that most people that mod their Lexus in general care for their care pretty well. If you read around this 4GS forum you will read that people are pretty adamant about keeping the car in pristine condition. So buying a resale modded Lexus you may have more luck then say a Honda. Just my take. Now those that mod their cars shouldnt expect to recoup all they put into the car, thats something to think about as a seller. And in the event you did want a stock car, the dealership may serve you well.

And Blueprint brings up the good point that people wanted their cars to be "sleepers" as they call them here in Ca.

Last edited by GSthe4th; 08-27-13 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-27-13, 09:30 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's a couple pictures of my GS.

Old 08-28-13, 12:57 PM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Interesting location for the pictures. I like to go to empty and abandoned places to take pictures too. One time I got nailed!

I saw one member's GS without the GS350 and thought it looked clean. So I took mine off. My "passengers" said it looked weird. I personally think it looks cleaner and it is easier for me to clean the car. I don't like seeing dirt built up around those letters. I used to have to use Q tips to clean around the letter. The other day I was behind a white one. He took it off but then has the "F" logo there. I didn't get to find out which model the car was. He took off and disappeared.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!-9713-copy.jpg  

Last edited by 1111GS; 05-22-21 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-28-13, 01:53 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Won't some assume the badge removers are ashamed of their car brand or car model? That's what is being said about Hyndai Genesis R-Spec owners who are substituting Bentley-like wings for the Hyundai "H" on the trunk lid. That they are ashamed to be driving a bad *** car because it's still a Hyundai, and they want to fool people.

Why would anyone be ashamed of a Lexus GS 350? I want people to know I'm what I'm driving, especially BMW 5 series and MB E350 owners. I want 'em to be jealous. Deep down, I think they are, even if they won't admit it. Deep down, they have to know they made a mistake and should've gotten a Lexus.
Old 08-28-13, 02:11 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Most mods can be un-done when the time comes for reselling or returning a lease. Won't take longer than a day to do. Even tinted windows can be cleanly taken off. If anything, all the parts removed will be in pristine condition/barely used when they come back on, which is great for the new buyer!

Old 08-28-13, 05:38 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

most people like to remove the badges, IMO it just makes the car look clean.
Old 08-29-13, 02:59 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Won't some assume the badge removers are ashamed of their car brand or car model? That's what is being said about Hyndai Genesis R-Spec owners who are substituting Bentley-like wings for the Hyundai "H" on the trunk lid. That they are ashamed to be driving a bad *** car because it's still a Hyundai, and they want to fool people.

Why would anyone be ashamed of a Lexus GS 350? I want people to know I'm what I'm driving, especially BMW 5 series and MB E350 owners. I want 'em to be jealous. Deep down, I think they are, even if they won't admit it. Deep down, they have to know they made a mistake and should've gotten a Lexus.
You lost me!
Old 08-29-13, 04:14 AM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Different generational ownership involved here
The following users liked this post:
Onpoint (04-13-22)
Old 08-29-13, 10:32 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Interesting location for the pictures. I like to go to empty and abandoned places to take pictures too. One time I got nailed!

I saw one member's GS without the GS350 and thought it looked clean. So I took mine off. My "passengers" said it looked weird. I personally think it looks cleaner and it is easier for me to clean the car. I don't like seeing dirt built up around those letters. I used to have to use Q tips to clean around the letter. The other day I was behind a white one. He took it off but then has the "F" logo there. I didn't get to find out which model the car was. He took off and disappeared.
why is your car always so damn clean!!! Do you drive it at all or is it in a museum
What product(s) do you use for the shine?

Quick Reply: Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!