GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-20, 07:25 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Well not right now right now but earlier today... I need to take some night pictures

Last edited by Slash300zx; 07-27-20 at 07:33 PM. Reason: uploaded the pics
The following 3 users liked this post by Slash300zx:
FSportOnly (07-28-20), LexusGSboy (07-27-20), signdetres (07-28-20)
Old 07-27-20, 08:09 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

USB and Rioja Red...dude... I hate you. Could not find that when I wanted it in 2018.
Old 07-27-20, 08:30 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by chinee
USB and Rioja Red...dude... I hate you. Could not find that when I wanted it in 2018.
lol yeah I got lucky the dealership found me this one back then.... I won't have it for much longer though, my lease is almost up so I tried to see if I could find a 2020 like it with no luck.... But, I already got the replacement on its way from Japan, won't be the same color combo but lets just say there's only 210 of them available
Old 07-28-20, 12:19 AM
DiscoJango
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Noticed a lot of "you" (Americans) give up your cars at the end of the lease. Is that common over there?
Old 07-28-20, 06:43 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 246 Likes on 127 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
lol yeah I got lucky the dealership found me this one back then.... I won't have it for much longer though, my lease is almost up so I tried to see if I could find a 2020 like it with no luck.... But, I already got the replacement on its way from Japan, won't be the same color combo but lets just say there's only 210 of them available
Same here could not find one when I was looking back in 2017 so settled on USB with Black interior...Been searching Junks yards for a clean Rioja Red interior to do a swap but all I find are ones with side air bags deployed..You should swap interiors with me before you turn in that lease..
Old 07-28-20, 09:44 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Originally Posted by TarmacSL3
Same here could not find one when I was looking back in 2017 so settled on USB with Black interior...Been searching Junks yards for a clean Rioja Red interior to do a swap but all I find are ones with side air bags deployed..You should swap interiors with me before you turn in that lease..
Lol, I would if I could but I'm pretty sure the dealership is anxiously waiting to get their hands on my car to re-sell, they already appraised it and everything. When I went to start the process for the new car, they had just received a GS exactly like mine but 2016 and 2 days later it was gone. It is a pretty rare combo. I honestly love the color but it draws too much attention and already have had problems, especially when my wife drives it. She's had people following her a couple times, good thing she's always paying attention... so I'm ready to move on.
Old 07-30-20, 01:42 PM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoJango
Noticed a lot of "you" (Americans) give up your cars at the end of the lease. Is that common over there?
Yes, more common than not. I believe around 1 in 4 vehicles are lease in the consumer market. Unless you are really in love with the car most lessees will simply turn over the keys and flip into a new lease. I am of the mind if I want something different I will simply buy it on a purchase option. This one (I hope) will follow me around for a while. My wife had a ct200h, paid it off, and kept paying herself the monthly payment for two years. Since Lexus didn't carry anything (currently) that she was interested in she kept looking. One day in a parking lot she saw a Mazda 3. Test drove it, loved it, ordered what she wanted and waited. She had the trade plus a good chunk of change to put down.

Me - I recycle cars pretty quickly. A habit I need to break myself of. The Miata in my stable is the longest I have ever owned a car. 20 years I think. Then again it is a toy with only 52k on it. Normally they last me a few at best. The RX was the first one I ever paid off and that only lasted me a few months until the GX rolled into my driveway. Then that only lasted me 18 months until the CPO'd '15 GS caught my eye. And THAT only lasted me a 18 months until I got the new '20 GS. This new one, though, is what I like. Black with red, F-Sport trim, and the last model year. So it's a win-win - I think

Sorry for the long answer.

"Yes"
Old 07-30-20, 06:02 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Yeap, it's very common. I do it all the time lol... it's pretty good if you always want to change and have new cars.

Originally Posted by MX5NES350
Yes, more common than not. I believe around 1 in 4 vehicles are lease in the consumer market. Unless you are really in love with the car most lessees will simply turn over the keys and flip into a new lease. I am of the mind if I want something different I will simply buy it on a purchase option. This one (I hope) will follow me around for a while. My wife had a ct200h, paid it off, and kept paying herself the monthly payment for two years. Since Lexus didn't carry anything (currently) that she was interested in she kept looking. One day in a parking lot she saw a Mazda 3. Test drove it, loved it, ordered what she wanted and waited. She had the trade plus a good chunk of change to put down.

Me - I recycle cars pretty quickly. A habit I need to break myself of. The Miata in my stable is the longest I have ever owned a car. 20 years I think. Then again it is a toy with only 52k on it. Normally they last me a few at best. The RX was the first one I ever paid off and that only lasted me a few months until the GX rolled into my driveway. Then that only lasted me 18 months until the CPO'd '15 GS caught my eye. And THAT only lasted me a 18 months until I got the new '20 GS. This new one, though, is what I like. Black with red, F-Sport trim, and the last model year. So it's a win-win - I think

"Yes"
I'm one of those that will turn over them key and flip into a new lease every few years lol... I also got the one car that I've had the longest, my 300zx Twin Turbo which I've had for about 17 years, the longest I've owned a car and have no plans on ever selling it. Now I just, for the first time ever, actually bought the car at the end of the lease, my RCF because I just love that car too much lol... I've had 9 different cars in the last 12, almost 13 years and I was hoping to hand over the keys of my 18 GS350 F-Sport this weekend as the new car should have arrived today at the port but with this storm that is coming, it may be delayed now
Old 08-01-20, 02:14 AM
pd7702
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Went for a drive

Last edited by pd7702; 08-01-20 at 02:21 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by pd7702:
DiscoJango (08-01-20), greys0uled (02-24-22), signdetres (08-01-20)
Old 08-01-20, 04:20 AM
DiscoJango
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MX5NES350

"Yes"
Interesting, thanks. I guess theres certain tax implications as well. Ive run the numbers and it hasnt been worth my while to lease vs buy outright/car loan. I average 2-5 years per car i own. Do you have to drive a certain amount of kilometers with your leases?
Old 08-01-20, 05:04 AM
MX5NES350
Lead Lap

Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Interesting, thanks. I guess theres certain tax implications as well. Ive run the numbers and it hasnt been worth my while to lease vs buy outright/car loan. I average 2-5 years per car i own. Do you have to drive a certain amount of kilometers with your leases?
Leases range between "low mileage" (around 10k per year to 15k miles per year. The lower your mileage limit the lower your lease payment but higher the residual value. And you need to be careful on the mileage limit you pick since extra miles over your limit can cost around $0.25 PER MILE over the limit

For some people leasing makes sense if they want a lower payment, a new car every few years, can stay in your mileage limit, and take care of your vehicle. That last one is important since upon turning in the lease you are held accountable for any damage as well as tires if they are worn beyond safe standards

There are plenty of resources for people to read about leasing vs buying. Only that low payment promotion usually sucks in a lot of people. I was going to lease this one and my salesperson talked me out of it
Old 08-02-20, 07:15 AM
the2ndr
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2013 F Sport RWD

20" Savini BM-13 20x8.5 +32, 20x10 +45, Michelin AS3+ 245/35, 275/30. stock suspension. I bought some RSR basic active coilovers but probably will sell them. I don't think I will lower this car.

Last edited by the2ndr; 08-02-20 at 07:18 AM. Reason: added info
The following 3 users liked this post by the2ndr:
CAKETOWN (08-02-20), FSportOnly (08-21-20), signdetres (08-02-20)
Old 08-02-20, 02:14 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

@the2ndr Damn that's hot
The following users liked this post:
the2ndr (08-03-20)
Old 08-06-20, 07:23 PM
Ebitduh
Driver School Candidate

Received 82 Likes on 26 Posts

Loving the new look.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ebitduh:
jdpdata (08-07-20), signdetres (08-06-20)
Old 08-06-20, 08:44 PM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebitduh
Loving the new look.

Looks sick! What wheels are those?
The following users liked this post:
Biggsnuff (03-18-21)

Quick Reply: Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!