GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-21, 06:38 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350MIKE
Hey brother! A better picture below. I found a CPO in So Cal with 17,900 miles that was so clean it looked like my mom had been the only driver. I traded in a ‘14 GS F Sport Liquid Platinum with high miles because I wanted to get a newer one and with adaptive cruise etc., and I didn’t want another F Sport.

CPO with two years and unlimited miles left to go, and I paid $29k. Best deal w/ low miles I could find on a CPO anywhere in the US. Very happy with the whole thing. Would have like to get a Luxury model but they’re hard to find and were either really high mileage, or black.

The car rides much smoother and quieter than my F Sport did, and it feels more refined than the 2014 did. The only thing I miss is the seat extension under my thighs, but I can definitely get used to that. I also prefer these wheels over the F Sports, and MUCH better than the original 18” wheels. I just sold those on Craigs List, so that helped pay for the Luxury wheels, which I found from a wheel reseller back East who shipped them to me at no cost for freight. It all worked out really well.

I put the same Continental Exteme Contacts that I have on my Porsche 911.
Deal sounds awesome...'16 F Sports/Lux were in the mid-to-upper $30s when I was l looking with mileage in the low 30k into the 40k range. '17s and '18s F Sports were all up in the $40s

When I was looking things were crazy - every GS I found within about a 200 mile radius was sold before I could literally get to it sometime within a day or so of getting posted or the sales folks sending me the info. I was really looking for a Lux as well. I was looking for an AWD given our weather and the mountains and all I found were a few RWDs in southern states and definitely black seemed more common. There's a CL member with a beautiful EWP Lux, great photo of it here: #3438 I definitely would have considered EWP as an option.

The seat extension was a must have for me - with my legs I have to have that support so limited me to either a Lux or an F Sport. The F Sport wheels did grow on me and I do like them but I still like the look of the Lux better - still sporty but a bit less aggressive looking. I think the 16+ F Sports ride a lot better than the 13-15 (at least from what I've read - I only test drove a couple in that range - a Lux and an F Sport but didn't drive them enough to really tell the difference. If you really need the seat extensions you can always swap out the seats

Thanks for the info on the tires.... I'll probably be looking at replacements in the fall/winter.

Did you get the wheels from Hubcap Heaven? I was looking there as well - I have friends/family into older cars who used to get things from them all the time for their classics.

I actually really liked the pic from up above - don't get to see that angle often

Old 03-10-21, 06:42 PM
01raja
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you activate your SOS (Safety Connect)? Lexus App to remotely crank the GS?
Old 03-10-21, 06:53 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by 01raja
I never did - Covid hit and the world shut down shortly after I got mine so I missed some of the time with the dealership folks for getting some of the free 6 month activations, etc...
Old 03-10-21, 09:02 PM
GS350MIKE
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

[QUOTE=LexusGSboy;11010523
Did you get the wheels from Hubcap Heaven? I was looking there as well - I have friends/family into older cars who used to get things from them all the time for their classics.

I actually really liked the pic from up above - don't get to see that angle often [/QUOTE]

I got the wheels from a place in Maryland that refinishes and resells wheels. These had not been refinished because they were in very good condition. Got them for $300 each with shipping included.

Old 03-12-21, 08:48 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by 01raja
Was this in response to the email that just was sent? I just got my email yesterday so I hadn't see that when I first responded so I was thinking you were talking about when I first got the car.
Old 03-12-21, 03:28 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

Just got back from the Lexus dealership. They have a program of price matching other Lexus dealerships within 100 miles for various service related items. My dealership wanted $119 for the oil change and $169.99 for the alignment. I found other dealerships offering lower prices so I asked if they would match...

My service advisor called me back and said his manager approved the price match. I got the oil changed for $68.32, they mounted/balanced 4 tires for $140 (I purchased Dunlop Signature HP All Season's from Discount Tire Direct's early March flash sale) and they also priced matched the alignment for $99.99. Overall very happy with the service and the pricing. I was planning to get this all done with my local mechanic but he's been out sick and said he wouldn't be able to do it until next week.

Trunk held 3 new tires, spread a few towels and threw the other tire in the backseat on my way to the dealership (the GS's trunk is pretty big):

Back home with new rubber, fresh oil, alignment and just washed:
The following 3 users liked this post by AJLex19:
CAKETOWN (03-12-21), LexusGSboy (03-12-21), MuaGS350 (03-12-21)
Old 03-12-21, 04:11 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Trunk held 3 new tires, spread a few towels and threw the other tire in the backseat on my way to the dealership (the GS's trunk is pretty big):
The GS's trunk is awesome! There are a few common things I often have to put in my trunk for clients. I was worried things might not work with the opening and shape of the trunk so when I was shopping I took empty boxes of all the things I usually move. Things fit better in the GS than a couple other vehicles I tried that technically had more space.

I keep a couple moving blankets in the trunk at all times for the exact situation you mention. Glad to know I"m not the only one that does such things.

Car looks great! Definitely look forward to hearing your impression on the tires after you've had a chance to really try them out.
The following users liked this post:
AJLex19 (03-12-21)
Old 03-12-21, 07:05 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
The GS's trunk is awesome! There are a few common things I often have to put in my trunk for clients. I was worried things might not work with the opening and shape of the trunk so when I was shopping I took empty boxes of all the things I usually move. Things fit better in the GS than a couple other vehicles I tried that technically had more space.
I keep a couple moving blankets in the trunk at all times for the exact situation you mention. Glad to know I"m not the only one that does such things.
Car looks great! Definitely look forward to hearing your impression on the tires after you've had a chance to really try them out.
Thank you for the compliments ... btw towel or blanket, always good to keep 'em handy!

Actually, i replaced the tires with the same ones! I had these tires on the car since 2015 and put about 17k miles on them. Although I don't drive much, the tread and rubber were getting old and I had a small bubble on one of the rear tires. Decided to pull the trigger on the same Dunlop Signature HPs because 6yrs is about time for a tire change (regardless of mileage) and because of the sale at Discount Tire Direct.

They grip really well on dry and in rain and perform well in snow from my experience (i have 18" wheels, AWD). They aren't as cushy as the Pirelli's Cinturato's on my dad's 3GS but are way more comfortable than the Dunlop Sport Maxx that originally came on my GS. I always recommend them anytime I see a 4GS thread where someone is looking for a lower cost, good set of All Season tires.

Got the set for $532 shipped to my door from Discount Tire. With the mounting/balancing ($140) and alignment ($99) from Lexus, I was all in for $772
Old 03-17-21, 11:49 PM
Mendoza987
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleted post

Last edited by Mendoza987; 03-17-21 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-18-21, 12:06 AM
Mendoza987
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
Earlier today.. My cars hiding lol

Attachment 428530

Attachment 428531

Attachment 428532
Love the lip and side skirts, what kind are those? Those wheels are growing on me too, care to share the brand? Might look around at different styles they have
The following users liked this post:
MOB561 (03-18-21)
Old 03-18-21, 08:52 AM
MuaGS350
Pit Crew

Received 163 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Mendoza987
Love the lip and side skirts, what kind are those? Those wheels are growing on me too, care to share the brand? Might look around at different styles they have
Looks like the Wald kit: https://www.topendmotorsports.com/le...SABEgJAQPD_BwE

Heres a full replica kit, including the spoiler on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11449977892...SABEgKTT_D_BwE
Old 03-18-21, 08:58 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 689 Likes on 606 Posts

We sell authentic WALD.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-18-21, 09:52 AM
MrEuRO85
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
We sell authentic WALD.

-Josh
Can you do authentic Wald but replica prices 😂
The following 2 users liked this post by MrEuRO85:
LexusGSboy (03-18-21), MuaGS350 (03-18-21)
Old 03-18-21, 06:54 PM
Biggsnuff
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by oldwineguy
Hard parked at home

man your ride is 🔥🔥🔥
Old 03-18-21, 06:59 PM
Biggsnuff
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts

Man chrome delete and you are good

Quick Reply: Pics of your 4GS - RIGHT NOW!