GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-12, 02:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

If you dont mind me asking, are you a Lexus salesman?
No, I've just bought a lot of cars, especially Lexus cars. I have no involvement in the Auto industry whatsoever except as a consumer.

I agree...enough. Its Christmas Eve and I'm sure we all have better things to do than this. We all set out trying to help the OP and obviously it evolved into something other than that. To the OP, any way I can help with your negotiation I'm happy to do so. As Jrey said, don't get discouraged. If theres ever a time to negotiate a good deal on a GS, its now.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-24-12 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-24-12, 06:09 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
ditto... this thread has gone into left field. if you guys feel you have to continue (i think everyone knows who i mean)... PM each other with your differences. you two have to agree (think about it) that it doesn't make sense. at the end of the day bigblack06 will have his new GS and you guys will still be going at it.
Lol, I agree on that.
Old 12-27-12, 05:36 AM
bigblack06

Ok so let me get this straight the nicely loaded GS 350 Luxury package comes with the fog-lights, the wood interior wood steering wheel and the sport/sport + and the adaptive front lighting system and it cost less than the F-Sport. How is it that the F-Sport is almost 2k more when it just has body packages really. Well I guess I'm looking at the Luxury model now instead. I will have a verdict by tomorrow on which vehicle I'm taking.
Old 12-27-12, 06:01 AM
mush
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luxury cost more but not by much... Depending on which lux u get
Old 12-27-12, 06:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah it completely depends on the options. The F Sport is only more than the luxury if its fully loaded and the luxury is not.

It's just a matter of taste, do you like the wood or do you like the aluminum trim?
Old 12-27-12, 08:14 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Yeah it completely depends on the options. The F Sport is only more than the luxury if its fully loaded and the luxury is not.

It's just a matter of taste, do you like the wood or do you like the aluminum trim?
I like the wood, I think the wood looks a little better than the only leather look. I like the F-Sport look on the outside but I think the GS with Lux package is seeming more likely.

Hey do all the new GS's coming with the LED hidden under the wood on the door or is that only in select cars. I have yet to see it in any car, not even the one I tested.
Old 12-27-12, 08:48 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I like the wood, I think the wood looks a little better than the only leather look. I like the F-Sport look on the outside but I think the GS with Lux package is seeming more likely.

Hey do all the new GS's coming with the LED hidden under the wood on the door or is that only in select cars. I have yet to see it in any car, not even the one I tested.
yes they all have the recessed LED under the trim on the door panel. it's not bright at all. brighter LED bulbs would fix that. get in the car but don't turn it on and look at the door panels... you'll see it. IMO it should be brighter. maybe that's why they call it ambient lighting. BTW my F Sport has all the goodies and it was $64,276.00. no NV because the PCS cam uses the same cam location as the NV so it was either one or the other.
Old 12-27-12, 08:51 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you can't go wrong with either model. F Sport or Lux are good choices... base is not bad either.
Old 12-27-12, 09:37 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigblack06

Yeah I feel the same way, and specifically the linear espresso wood on the luxury package car, I don't care for the matte burlwood on the base car.

Like Syd said, all of them have the LED under the trim, its easier to see on lighter colors than on black.

If you like the exterior of the FSport, pretty easy to swap the front clips.
Old 12-27-12, 09:50 AM
bigblack06

you can't go wrong with either model. F Sport or Lux are good choices... base is not bad either.
Yes this is true but the base I couldn't do, it would have to be Lux or F-Sport.

Yeah I feel the same way, and specifically the linear espresso wood on the luxury package car, I don't care for the matte burlwood on the base car.

Like Syd said, all of them have the LED under the trim, its easier to see on lighter colors than on black.

If you like the exterior of the FSport, pretty easy to swap the front clips.
Yeah I think I'm leaning more towards the Lux model, has more but also compliments everything I like about the interior. I will take pics going to look and test drive this one.
Old 12-27-12, 11:06 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Cool, and let us know if we can help with any thoughts about the deal too. We won't wave our dicks at each other this time I promise
Old 12-27-12, 11:14 AM
bigblack06

Cool, and let us know if we can help with any thoughts about the deal too. We won't wave our dicks at each other this time I promise
Lol, ok thanks!
Old 12-27-12, 11:27 AM
ntocamping
Rookie

The F sports from what I have read has a sport tuned suspension that is different from the Luxury. I believe it has automatic dampers that adjust when in S+ mode that the luxury does not have. Also, the luxury has the 18 way power seats on both driver and passenger and the f sport has 16 on driver and 10 on passenger. WTF was Lexus thinking here?

I for one like the look of the f sport due to its aggressive stance and staggered wheel set up( rar wheel drive). However, it is mind boggling that lexus would not put in 16 way powered seats on both sides and the adjustable headlights that pivot in turns. If it had both of these the F sport would be complete. I can live without wood. Wood I can understand belonging in the luxury but not the other 2 features.
Old 12-27-12, 12:55 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ntocamping
The F sports from what I have read has a sport tuned suspension that is different from the Luxury. I believe it has automatic dampers that adjust when in S+ mode that the luxury does not have. Also, the luxury has the 18 way power seats on both driver and passenger and the f sport has 16 on driver and 10 on passenger. WTF was Lexus thinking here?

I for one like the look of the f sport due to its aggressive stance and staggered wheel set up( rar wheel drive). However, it is mind boggling that lexus would not put in 16 way powered seats on both sides and the adjustable headlights that pivot in turns. If it had both of these the F sport would be complete. I can live without wood. Wood I can understand belonging in the luxury but not the other 2 features.
You'd still be missing fog lights, semi-aniline leather, rear side window shades, and three-zone climate control.
Old 12-27-12, 01:18 PM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

yes they all have the recessed LED under the trim on the door panel. it's not bright at all. brighter LED bulbs would fix that. get in the car but don't turn it on and look at the door panels... you'll see it. IMO it should be brighter. maybe that's why they call it ambient lighting. BTW my F Sport has all the goodies and it was $64,276.00. no NV because the PCS cam uses the same cam location as the NV so it was either one or the other.
I agree. They could be a little brighter. They look nice but brighter would be better. I think they got dimmed when engine started and brightened up when you stop the engine. What is NV? Night Vision or Navigation Package NV? I hope it's night vision which I think is one of those cool useless features. What is the point of giving you night vision while you have to look at the screen to see it? It's more dangerous to have this option IMO. Adaptive Headlight is prob more practical. I was on a dark street and the adaptive headlights really did wonder. I think the next year models will offer cross options between luxury and f sport.

PS: If you add all the wolf's stuff and your effort, your MSRP is probably close to or pass 70K.

OP: Sorry your thread went South. What did you get? I think all the GS's are damn sexy and hot. Just get one of them so you have more time to enjoy.

Quick Reply: Was Ready to Purchase a GS!!