GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Nothing worked

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-12, 12:38 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Nothing worked

started my car today... noticed there was no sound inside the car. my BTA kicks in as soon as i start the car, no sound. the mouse wouldn't let me switch to SAT, FM, AM, nothing. the haptic sound the mouse makes when you push it down to select, nothing no sound. i looked at the screen and it read AUDIO OFF. pushed the volume button several times, AUIO still off. put the car in reverse and low and behold "no back up camera". at this point i was saying to myself WTF. 5 minutes later everything was back to normal. went straight to lexus and they scratched their heads also. could it be a computer malfunction? i was told the same thing happened to the sales guy whom also owns a GS F Sport. help me out fellas, what could it be?
Old 12-31-12, 01:13 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Hard to say... but next time this happens, you should record everything on video, bring the car to Lexus and show them the video. Otherwise they'll just say we can't recreate this problem
Old 12-31-12, 02:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Hard to say... but next time this happens, you should record everything on video, bring the car to Lexus and show them the video. Otherwise they'll just say we can't recreate this problem
yeah that's in there "let's BS the customer manual. i wish i would have thought of the video, at that point i was just pissed. hopefully it doesn't happen again, but if it does i'll be ready. i have an 8:30 appt. for thursday. i'm going to have them check the whole car from top to bottom, front to back. i want everything checked.
Old 12-31-12, 04:11 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Sorry to hear that buddy. I'm glad to hear it's OK in the end though. This type of things worries me too. Sometimes too much technologies can be scary. The new feature from the 5 when it completely shuts off the engine when you stop at the light scares me. Happy New Year and Stay safe.
Old 12-31-12, 06:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Sorry to hear that buddy. I'm glad to hear it's OK in the end though. This type of things worries me too. Sometimes too much technologies can be scary. The new feature from the 5 when it completely shuts off the engine when you stop at the light scares me. Happy New Year and Stay safe.
everything seems to be fine now, but i need them to check everything. i'm going to give them the business when i go in on thursday. thank you my friend and a Happy New Year to you and yours. watch the drunk drivers. stay safe.
Old 12-31-12, 06:37 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like an amp shut down and reboot.
Old 12-31-12, 08:09 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Ruh roh, that doesn't sound good, and I'm sorry you had that problem. Sounds like all the electronics shut down. I hope it either never happens again or you are able to video it like was mentioned earlier.

The only issue I've had is that intermittently my car no longer recognizes my iPod and goes to Audio Off. When I go back to select the iPod it is no longer available for me to select. Unplugging it and reconnecting it works, but it's a nuisance.

I'm actually suprised we don't see more of these issues with all the technology built into the car.

I actually hear that too many coats of Hard Body can affect the electronics. Maybe it's that! If so, I'll be next.
Old 12-31-12, 08:25 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
Ruh roh, that doesn't sound good, and I'm sorry you had that problem. Sounds like all the electronics shut down. I hope it either never happens again or you are able to video it like was mentioned earlier.

The only issue I've had is that intermittently my car no longer recognizes my iPod and goes to Audio Off. When I go back to select the iPod it is no longer available for me to select. Unplugging it and reconnecting it works, but it's a nuisance.

I'm actually suprised we don't see more of these issues with all the technology built into the car.

I actually hear that too many coats of Hard Body can affect the electronics. Maybe it's that! If so, I'll be next.
D... your issues are getting worse. i'm sending you an analyst ASAP. i can't stop laughing... you could be right, Hard Body might have that affect on the molecular structure and the electronic frequencies of the 2013 GS F Sport.. "You and your family have a Happy New Year buddy. and be safe if you're going out.
Old 12-31-12, 08:32 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
D... your issues are getting worse. i'm sending you an analyst ASAP. i can't stop laughing... you could be right, Hard Body might have that affect on the molecular structure and the electronic frequencies of the 2013 GS F Sport.. "You and your family have a Happy New Year buddy. and be safe if you're going out.
Yes, that's now 4 coats on my GS and 2 coats on our G37. I'm checking into rehab right after the first of the year.

Happy New Year to you as well, my friend!
Old 12-31-12, 08:42 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Yes, that's now 4 coats on my GS and 2 coats on our G37. I'm checking into rehab right after the first of the year.

Happy New Year to you as well, my friend!
i told you it was addictive . what the hell... have fun with it. and thank you my friend, let's see what goodies this year brings.
Old 12-31-12, 09:02 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i told you it was addictive . what the hell... have fun with it. and thank you my friend, let's see what goodies this year brings.
Hey, I can always count on you being in this forum whatever time of day or night. I'm assuming you're not watching the ball drop in Times Square, since it is now 12am EST? Happy New Year! Go out to the garage and kiss your GS!
Old 12-31-12, 09:43 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Hey, I can always count on you being in this forum whatever time of day or night. I'm assuming you're not watching the ball drop in Times Square, since it is now 12am EST? Happy New Year! Go out to the garage and kiss your GS!
nah,,, i stopped going to times square years ago. i don't like the crowds. either i go to a friends home or stay at my own home with my family. there's no excitement in it for me anymore. i'm a laid back type of dude.
Old 01-01-13, 05:27 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When this occurred, did you try turning the car off, waiting a minute or so, then turning it back on?
I only ask because that seems to be the "fix" for BMW's when that happens.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR to all........
Old 01-01-13, 05:48 AM
jmhenrie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a reboot, one of the fords i test drove this summer when i put it in reverse the camera died all the gauges quit and the Windows Blue screen of death came up on the screen, had to wait about two minutes for the computer to reload then it ran fine.
Old 01-01-13, 07:19 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rjm
When this occurred, did you try turning the car off, waiting a minute or so, then turning it back on?
I only ask because that seems to be the "fix" for BMW's when that happens.

And HAPPY NEW YEAR to all........
no i didn't think to shut the car off,,, i just saw RED at that point.

Quick Reply: Nothing worked